Author Topic: DUBCNN: Bishop Lamont "Grow Up" Untagged Exclusive, CDQ DIRTY AND CLEAN  (Read 8409 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Yea im pretty impressed overall, it feels like this was the vibe they wanted, it doesnt feel forced...be interesting to see how this done and if it is a true indication of new dre material leading up to detox...

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
wait, hold on.! now wasnt dre supposed to be actually featuring(rappin) on the single
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
wait, hold on.! now wasnt dre supposed to be actually featuring(rappin) on the single
I Dominate is gonna be 3rd or 4rd single...maybe.

Brutus

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • we do, what we do, this west coast is voodoo,on U
best song of 2008 so far

lost_assassin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I Dominate is gonna be 3rd or 4rd single...maybe.

hey at least we can all agree that this is a step closer to the reformation release which means a step closer to detox release
Cowards Only Wanna Act Hard When Its Convenient-Planet Asia(9mm)

eazye

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • shorty_tha_pimp a.k.a. extra.P
really nice west coast summer vibe.dope shit

I've really lowered my expectations in the past 2 years when it comes to Dre produced stuff so I'm actually quite fond of this joint as a whole.Nothing wrong with Bishop too

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iQYKq2uupz8</a>

smegma

The beat is very dope, but Dre should have saved it for another rapper, i.e. Six2 or Snoop. Bishop Lamont needs to go back into the studio with J. Wells cause he actually sounded motivated when they still worked together.

I think Bishop Lamont and Eminem are the only two artists ever that have sounded unmotivated over a Dre beat.

My opinion has changewd ;D The lyrics make up for the lazy flow. I actually like it a lot now. Apart from the chorus it's a great song :)

I have that a lot with TQ/Bone/2Pac songs too that I appreciate them more after I listened to them more often.

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yeeeeaaaaaahhh!!PROPS!! 8)

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
one of the best rap songs ive heard in a hot ass minute....ive never really felt bishop before this track...hopefully the reformation contains more gems like this

yeah same here.

heat

• 'G'
I really like the track too, didn't expect this at all, solid on first listen but still it has grown on me, the beat gets better by each listen.

Prof@ssor

there's been a new topic started so ill repost my reply so that others can also read it...

I will be honest...im sure DETOX will disappoint 90% of you anyway because you have too high expectations..and don't get me wrong, it's your right, after all Dre and his crew hyped it so much themselves...and 85% of those will start to like a Dre produced record after paying a bit more attention when hearing it!

It's true, it's very simplistic, but it's one of those songs you can't get tired to listen to...and there's a lot of hidden content...the sound of the piano is just fantastic...there's even violin like sound in it. This in combination with the message of the song makes it a very very good summer song.

But still I agree on what many of you guys said...a record like "It Hurts'' would have been ''bigger'' to many of us, but we HAVE to take in consideration that his album has to have a mainstream appeal in order to sell.

Anyways Im just glad to hear The Reformation is not becoming an urban legend (unlike DETOX...ouhhh im pessimistic isn't it? lol!)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Yea im pretty impressed overall, it feels like this was the vibe they wanted, it doesnt feel forced...be interesting to see how this done and if it is a true indication of new dre material leading up to detox...

yeah, it's a signature bishop single, i didn't expect that  ;)

anyway, his flow is good enough on this, to me.
especially when comparing it to that "street" single Feel on it.

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
This is definitely a grower, I fucking love this shit now, the more I listen to it the better it gets... same thing happened for me with In Da Club, How We Do, and Still DRE

And the subject matter is some ballsy shit, he's calling out all sorts of shit rappers are doing at the moment, which is dope

I'm really feeling the chorus as well, nice idea

YoungCrookedI

props  8) 8)