Author Topic: Royce Speaks on "Album" Leak  (Read 209 times)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
Royce Speaks on "Album" Leak
« on: July 08, 2008, 04:06:01 AM »
An internet leak of a 14-track album called The Revival started circulating the Internet this weekend, but Royce Da 5′9″ assures that it’s not the real deal.

“To the people listening, it’s not even near what the album is,” Royce told MichiganHipHop.com. “It ain’t nothing but old copies of certain shit. … Some of the songs, I still plan on using, but it’s such a rough and old copy, it’s not even worth listening to because it’s going to sound like such a different project by the time it comes out.”

Royce simply identified the culprit as “Somebody from back in the day, who thinks I don’t know who he is,” and said that he’d deal with the situation appropriately. Regardless of the leak, Royce says that Bar Exam II is set to hit the Internet as a free download on Aug. 26.

“[Bar Exam II] is all I’ve been working on lately,” Royce said. “When they actually get the project, it’ll have a whole lot of new shit on there they haven’t heard, along with the shit that’s been leaked strategically. It’s going to be every sense of a mixtape. The way real mixtapes used to be, that’s what it’s going to be.”

Royce also said that Street Hop, the much-hyped album executive produced by DJ Premier, should hit stores in late October.

Royce also spoke to MiHipHop about his recently cancelled shows in Norway. While at a Saigon show the night before Royce’s first scheduled performance, he broke his left arm while pinning a fan’s hand on the table in an arm wrestling match. In a video blog on his MySpace (http://myspace.com/roycefivenine), he explains that he had to go through emergency room surgeries to correct the issue, and the pain forced him to miss the four shows.

“They got onstage and said I wasn’t going to be performing, and since the people had seen me the night before and knew I was in town, they got mad and they started fighting in there,” Royce told MiHipHop. “It was like a big ass riot in there. So I’ve definitely got to go back.”

Royce said that the shows have already been rescheduled for September.

D-Stress

Re: Royce Speaks on "Album" Leak
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 04:19:37 AM »
 8) Royce Iz Dope. "Let´s Grow" From Rawkus Records Compilation (Lyricist Lounge 2?) Was The Shit.
Can You Recommend Me Some Dope Songs By Royce Da 5´9?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 04:21:41 AM by Giovane D'Honore »

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
8) Royce Iz Dope. "Let´s Grow" From Rawkus Records Compilation (Lyricist Lounge 2?) Was The Shit.

I'm Me
His new track, its fuckin fire!!! He sounds so hungry and its a great beat and of course he kills the beat

The Best of 3 Worlds

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 05:40:17 PM »

Peep "Boom" and "Ding!" both produced by Primo
also, a newer track called "Best to Do It"

PEACE!

Matty

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:43:52 PM »
hell yeah. also 'hip-hop' produced by dj premier. boom has gotta be one of the all-time primo produced jams though 8)

Invincible

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 06:25:49 PM »
That rack from last year Hit 'Em is dope as fuck too, also produced by DJ Premier.