Author Topic: HOT 97 DISSES NAS @ SUMMERJAM  (Read 543 times)

jwonder

• 'G'
HOT 97 DISSES NAS @ SUMMERJAM
« on: June 27, 2002, 03:21:41 AM »
Nas refuses to perform at last nights Hot 97 Summer Jam b/c station stipulated he not focus on his beef w/ Jay-Z.

Hear Nas' interview at Power 105.1 regarding the situation: http://www.snicka.com/realaudio/june02/Nasdisseshot97_Dcaf.ram  

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: NAS DISSES HOT 97 AND SUMMERJAM
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 03:59:18 AM »
This interview is class, almost as dope as the Death Row Vs. Ruthless radio show incident that happened back in the day  ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2002, 04:25:37 AM »
yoooooooooo
that interview was dope!   mad respect to Nas on those comments, he made a lot of sense out of what he was trying to say. 8)

wballz187

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2002, 04:45:00 AM »
the name of this thread should be "hot 97 dissed nas at summerjam" anyways, big ups to nas
you couldn't drop dope shit with rocks in your culoo-crooked i

Jome

Re: HOT 97 DISSES NAS @ SUMMERJAM
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2002, 05:08:47 AM »
wr0ng forum, and besides there's already a topic for this in Outbound Con.
Some really lame comments from Nas there, and some true ones.

S.G.V.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2002, 07:02:10 AM »
lol bamboozeled!....hahahaha....he dissed the hell outta angie martinez too....lol...what a bastard....lol he says stop rappin about ice and shit....hahaha....hypocrite....and nelly copying nas?...lol....this foo is too much.....lol at get some balls....hes a slave too just like everyone else....thats some funny shit....hot 97 doesnt need nas any damn way...nas needed them more...damn this is the funnies thing ive ever heard....

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2002, 07:53:51 AM »
lol bamboozeled!....hahahaha....he dissed the hell outta angie martinez too....lol...what a bastard....lol he says stop rappin about ice and shit....hahaha....hypocrite....and nelly copying nas?...lol....this foo is too much.....lol at get some balls....hes a slave too just like everyone else....thats some funny shit....hot 97 doesnt need nas any damn way...nas needed them more...damn this is the funnies thing ive ever heard....

how is he a bling rapper

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2002, 09:04:24 AM »

how is he a bling rapper

listen to nastradamus, i got myself a gun "iced plenty things look at my tennis shoes i iced that", his verse on the bridge 2001 "the ice the women", the whole oochie wally song, his verse on j-los shit....BLING BLING RAPPER!

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2002, 09:41:28 AM »

listen to nastradamus, i got myself a gun "iced plenty things look at my tennis shoes i iced that", his verse on the bridge 2001 "the ice the women", the whole oochie wally song, his verse on j-los shit....BLING BLING RAPPER!

an how many westcoast rappers r talking about tha same shit.  I guess warren g is,  remember tha song i want it all.  Especially tha death row rappers back in tha day,  snoop,  pac,  dpg.  They one tha ones 2 start wearing those bling bling chains.  I dont consider his verses on j-lo songs bling bling type shit

S.G.V.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2002, 02:07:11 PM »

an how many westcoast rappers r talking about tha same shit.  I guess warren g is,  remember tha song i want it all.  Especially tha death row rappers back in tha day,  snoop,  pac,  dpg.  They one tha ones 2 start wearing those bling bling chains.  I dont consider his verses on j-lo songs bling bling type shit

hey if theyre bling rappers then they are: yukmouth is a bling rapper, e-40 is, mack 10, warren g is, swisha house are, mr magic is...im not knocking it...but nas has alot of bling rhymes in his shit....people ignore it....all those songs and albums i listed are perfect examples...and its one thing to wear bling...but to talk about it is different....snoop doesnt really talk about...neither does xzibit....as for his verse for the jlo song....cmon...ROCK BLING LIKE NEON LIGHTS....that line alone says it all

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2002, 04:36:58 PM »

hey if theyre bling rappers then they are: yukmouth is a bling rapper, e-40 is, mack 10, warren g is, swisha house are, mr magic is...im not knocking it...but nas has alot of bling rhymes in his shit....people ignore it....all those songs and albums i listed are perfect examples...and its one thing to wear bling...but to talk about it is different....snoop doesnt really talk about...neither does xzibit....as for his verse for the jlo song....cmon...ROCK BLING LIKE NEON LIGHTS....that line alone says it all

listen to tha content of tha song,  he is sayin thats shit he wants to do wit her an have wit her .  U watch tha video there is nothing bling about it,  nothing.  Hell even for a rapper that would be a straight street video.  An its funny how u spot one line from a song cuz if we spoted line from 2 songs.  If we do that wit every rapper than i guess there all bling bling rappers.  An rap has always been about showing off what u got,  2 extent,  u dont wanna over do it.  An nas said himself he even regrets doin shit like nastraudamaus

The Watcher

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2002, 07:40:25 PM »
Just reading the thread over at hiphopinfinity .. with some quoteables:

Nas on WBLS (radio station):

"Nelly, don't ever diss KRS-One,....that's a threat"
"If you see Funkmaster Flex, take his chain, and give it to me. Snuff him"

Then NORE called in and said ..

"He getting high again, he getting drunk again. You guys have to understand that Nas was sincere from Belly for a while yo."

"Your the Second Rakim I'm the First Nore, I can do what you do, but CAN YOU DO WHAT I DO"

NORE was also on Power 99 in Philly and said he's not with doing diss songs, he'll just smack someone in the face when he see's them.

Nore said he has love for Nas, and Nas has love for him, and Nas did apologize, but he didn't like the way Nas called him out on the radio.

Nore also said he's not gonna diss the Roc cause Bobby Dash (Dame Dash) used to smoke with his father, and send out to the store to get cigarrettes.

Anyway, they seem to have a running commentary going on over at http://hiphopinfinity.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=021482

army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Smooth

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2002, 07:54:58 PM »
That was a DOPE interview... thanks for the link homie...
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2002, 01:20:25 AM »
Nas WAS a bling bling rapper when "Nastradamus" dropped, no-one can deny that, not even him, but he admitted he got caught up and I forgive him for that because he's come back with a slamming album, "Stillmatic", that leaves all that shit behind. But anyways, I consider bling bling rappers to be the ones that mention ice, rims, cristal etc in every other or even every song, and i'm sorry but Nas does not apply to that, not anymore, not since "Nastradamus". Whether he can be consistent with this I guess we'll have to wait and see but I have faith in him, especially after that radio interview from yesterday.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

BossPlaya

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Much Luv2 lil Villian N NINO Tha Mack OCSA 4 LIFE
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2002, 07:58:09 AM »
That was a DOPE interview... thanks for the link homie...

"i putz it down homie for tha BIG S.A 714 till i hit my grave O.C muthafucka till i reach tha top n even then foo i  just wont stop with my gangsta flows or my  gangsta mentality straight takin out all u muthafuckin WANNABES who pussied out cuz in tha city of Santa Ana we aint no nagels puro crazy pimps crazy gangb