Author Topic: Bishop Lamont's ''Grow Up'' was NOT produced by Dr. Dre!  (Read 1800 times)

Digital Pimpin'

Re: Bishop Lamont's ''Grow Up'' was NOT produced by Dr. Dre!
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2008, 03:04:59 AM »
Dr Dre can pick any random beat maker or musician and make their shit into hot records

The key ingredient is always Dr Dre - Dre is like the steak and Focus, Daz, Warren G, etc are all seasoning... you can have any of them with Dre and it'll still be a dope meal, but if you take away the Dre, you're eating just seasoning with no steak

I would say Dre is more the seasoning....he adds all the flavor (sound & direction) to what would otherwise be a bland (tired) piece of meat (music) sitting on a plate (record)....

Word, I like it, flipping the script on cats

yep Dre is basically the mastermind

IMHO his co-producers give Dre the ingredients, and he cooks the meal and adds some of his own seasoning.

This talk of food making me hungry

Lucifuge

« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2008, 04:03:23 AM »
where iz daz now or  G. camon they say mal man do all work on 2001 where is mal man whe in left dre? be serius
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2008, 05:07:53 AM »
Dr Dre can pick any random beat maker or musician and make their shit into hot records

The key ingredient is always Dr Dre - Dre is like the steak and Focus, Daz, Warren G, etc are all seasoning... you can have any of them with Dre and it'll still be a dope meal, but if you take away the Dre, you're eating just seasoning with no steak

I would say Dre is more the seasoning....he adds all the flavor (sound & direction) to what would otherwise be a bland (tired) piece of meat (music) sitting on a plate (record)....

IMHO his co-producers give Dre the ingredients, and he cooks the meal and adds some of his own seasoning.

This talk of food making me hungry

well there are more cooks in the kitchen, but he's the lead cook i guess  :laugh:

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2008, 07:08:40 AM »

Another nice flip - best one so far

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2008, 07:10:19 AM »
well there are more cooks in the kitchen, but he's the lead cook i guess  :laugh:

We all know what the food taste like without
Chef de cuisine don´t we?

i do  :laugh:  ;)

ekmek

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2008, 09:55:14 AM »

Another nice flip - best one so far

you can look at your cooking opinion in many point of views.
Produce means to make something from scratch. But if dre got beats from someone else he dont produce shit. He modify's/edits it (vocals and effects).
In that case both dre and the "beat maker" should get credit.
I dont dought dre's producing skills cause i know hes made shit from scratch and hes one of the best, but when were talking about someone elses shit that dre made hot he definitely didnt produce it.
Also i want to point out that people that use samples are incorrectly labeled as producers because they just take something ready and modify it.
+++dre does great stuff but he had a lot of people on his back (storch etc)

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2008, 10:01:44 AM »
I disagree, I don't know how many times I can take my friends beats and make them a zillion times better by adding little things..  But the basic foundation starts with his beats.. And they are usually something I can't come up with myself..  So I would give the producer credit to the one laying the bare bones.  Dre is more like an Engineer or mixer if u will...

Alot of you get "record producer" and "hip-hop producer" mixed up, well rather think they are the same thing...  A hip-hop producer is an entirely different definition than that of a record or music producer, in the broadest spectrum..  (IF U WANNA GET TECHNICAL)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2008, 10:06:26 AM »
you can look at your cooking opinion in many point of views.
Produce means to make something from scratch. But if dre got beats from someone else he dont produce shit. He modify's/edits it (vocals and effects).
In that case both dre and the "beat maker" should get credit.
I dont dought dre's producing skills cause i know hes made shit from scratch and hes one of the best, but when were talking about someone elses shit that dre made hot he definitely didnt produce it.
Also i want to point out that people that use samples are incorrectly labeled as producers because they just take something ready and modify it.
+++dre does great stuff but he had a lot of people on his back (storch etc)

yeah i heard Dre will be releasing a book next year called jackin' for beats, in which he explains it all

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2008, 10:16:52 AM »

It can take alot of musical creation to flip a "sample", and especially to make it sound dope..  You're taking bits of recorded sound and "producing" them into an entirely different arrangement.

Elano

« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2008, 10:23:33 AM »
Don't get me wrong, I'm a great Dr. Dre fan myself and no disrespect to Dre...but when i see Focus playing guitar AND piano in that DJ SKEE video, I seriously think it would be fair to say that in reality Dre (probably) only did the mixing of the song.

can you give me the link of that video ?