Author Topic: What Happened With Nas...  (Read 222 times)

themovie

What Happened With Nas...
« on: June 28, 2002, 04:20:18 AM »
By now everyone should know that Nas did not perform at Summer Jam 2002. The big question is why and we want to set the record straight. Nas chose not to perform on Summer Jam because of the following:

1. Nas wanted to stage a lynching of another hip hop artist on stage in front of 16,000 people some of which, included children. We as a radio station feel we have a responsibility to our audience and could not condone this type of simulated violence on stage. We explained to Nas our position on this from the very beginning, but the day of the show he decided to attempt with the lynching scene. Again we told Nas this could not happen and he chose not to perform.

We have too much respect for our audience and other artists to let such a scene take place. We of course would not mind a verbal battle, and never told Nas he could not attack verbally. However, a simulated lynching is way too violent and something we cannot stand behind. We lost too many artists to violence and cannot tolerate this action on Summer Jam.

Please believe us when we say we share in your disappointment in Nas not performing. We would like to thank all the artists who did such a great job. And we want to thank you, our listeners for supporting HOT 97 and for supporting hip hop.

Thank you,

HOT 97

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

Re: What Happened With Nas...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2002, 06:21:25 AM »
LOL@Nas... calm down. Simulated lynching? LOL, I can understand why Hot97 refused to let him do it. But anyway, I bet everybody is gonna come in this thread and say "Fuck HOT97" or something now.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2002, 06:26:09 AM »
stop with the fuckin nas topics. it's getting old.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2002, 06:49:47 AM »
God damnit myrealname, stop flooding the board with these topics, put them all into one thread.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.