Author Topic: Nas didnt perform Summer Jam!!! Damn...peep this!!  (Read 1460 times)

KVB

Re: Nas didnt perform Summer Jam!!! Damn...peep th
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2002, 11:37:45 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025153653;start=0#14 date=06/27/02 at 04:07:36]

No, no, dissing women is saying shit like 'all women are hoes, we don't love hoes' etc etc. Nas was dissing her album, he didn't say anything about her as a woman, or so it seems.
& I don't know when Jigga dissed women, shouldn't you know this, don't you have all his albums?

LOL, Nas dissed a woman. By saying "your album is wack" you're basically dissing a person, especially as Nas don't know Angie, that means he's talking shit to a woman he don't know, who has never said anything negative about him. How fucking pathetic is that? Nas dissing innocent women... fucking hypocrite. (Angie Martinez's album has got good reviews BTW)

Let's take a look at "Nastradamus" or Jay-Z's "Vol. 2" Both were wack albums. But Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Eminem, Puff Daddy etc. didn't run to the radio stations to proclaim it. Do you think a casual rapper would have publicly called these album wack when he didn't know the artists themselves?
Not that their personal relationship matters, it's still a diss.. Let's say Dr. Dre, or some no-name rapper did. They would be dissing Jay-Z and Nas. Understand? My point is, Nas was dissing Angie Martinez.

Also, he may have said some more stuff about her that Col. Techniec didn't write here. Jay-Z has I never said "'all women are hoes, we don't love hoes" or anything like that. I have never heard Jay-Z dissing women, so I dunno where these charges come from. I was just curious to know, peace.

It's never personal, 704D I respect you man, just had to get this shit of my chest.

One.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2002, 11:57:51 PM »
Jay-Z doesn't diss women, then why was almost every girl I know, all former Jay-Z fans, pissed at Girls, Girls, Girls. I mean these were girls that loved Jay-Z, and partied to him all the time. The only girls I knew that didn't take it offensive were stupit white girls. And dissing Angie Martinez isn't dissing women. Nas was talking about downgrading all women, something Jay-Z has been known to do. And Nas can tell people to step up their game, he has after going horrible, now his stepped it up, and produced a classic. And as for dickriding 'Pac and Biggie, it's better to pay respects to people than to diss them. Jigga did diss Nas and Mobb Deep last year hard. So to now tell Nas he can't do the same is in it'self a slap in the face to Nas. If they let Nas diss Jay-Z, and then say he can't do the same to Nas, you'd piss your pants. So look at it like that. And after Illmatic, Stillmatic, It Was Written, and yes, a solid, not great album like I Am... Nas has some room to talk.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2002, 12:25:36 AM »
Jay-Z doesn't diss women, then why was almost every girl I know, all former Jay-Z fans, pissed at Girls, Girls, Girls. I mean these were girls that loved Jay-Z, and partied to him all the time. The only girls I knew that didn't take it offensive were stupit white girls. And dissing Angie Martinez isn't dissing women. Nas was talking about downgrading all women, something Jay-Z has been known to do. And Nas can tell people to step up their game, he has after going horrible, now his stepped it up, and produced a classic. And as for dickriding 'Pac and Biggie, it's better to pay respects to people than to diss them. Jigga did diss Nas and Mobb Deep last year hard. So to now tell Nas he can't do the same is in it'self a slap in the face to Nas. If they let Nas diss Jay-Z, and then say he can't do the same to Nas, you'd piss your pants. So look at it like that. And after Illmatic, Stillmatic, It Was Written, and yes, a solid, not great album like I Am... Nas has some room to talk.

Listen up muthafucka. I dunno why Hot 97 refused to play "Ether", it may have been wrong and unfair to Nas, but I don't really care, it's none of my buisness. I don't live in the US, so I don't really care if radio stations there play songs by my fav. artists. All I care about is the music.

I don't see how "Girls, Girls, Girls" could possibly offend women. Did Jay spit a downgrading line on there? I can't hear it... please point it out to me. Matter of fact please point out where Jigga has dissed women, becuase your argument is loose, its on shaking ground. You're telling me Jay is known for dissing women, but cannot give me an example. How am I supposed to bow down to what you're saying?

You're saying Nas did not diss Angie Martinez? From what Col. Techniec wrote, he clearly did. If you can confirm he didn't, and was talking about downgrading women, then I retract my statements. Until then, I stand by my words.

You should acknowledge that Nas is disrespecting those artists with his abusive comments. You just don't tell people you claim to be friends with "your album is wack" and "you need to step up lyrically". That shit don't work. He has released one classic, one dope album, two average albums, and one wack album. He can't speak on others.

That's all.
One

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2002, 12:46:13 AM »

I got this black chick, she don't know how to act
Always talkin out her neck, makin her fingers snap
She like, "Listen Jigga Man, I don't care if you rap
You better - R-E-S-P-E-C-T me"
(hum... is that a sterio type)

I got this indian squaw the day that I met her
Asked her what tribe she with, red dot or feather
She said all you need to know is I'm not a ho
And to get with me you better be Chief Lots-a-Dough
(hum... a little steal from Good Will Hunting, why she got to be a hoe in the first place, and why she after a man with money, is that all she wants)

I got this young chick, she so immature
She like, "Why you don't buy me Reeboks no more?"
Like to show out in public, throw tantrums on the floor
Gotta toss a couple dollars, just to shut up her holla
(OK, just a couple dollars keeps a girl happy)

Got a project chick, that plays her part
And if it goes down y'all that's my heart
Baby girl so thorough she been with me from the start
Hid my drugs from the NARCs, hid my guns by the parts
(And do all project chicks act like this)

I got this paranoid chick, she's scared to come to the house
A hypochondriac who says ouch before I whip it out
(Just straight weird)

Got a chick from Peru, that sniff Peru
She got a cousin at customs that get shit through
(Immagrant that smuggles shit, more of a steriotype than woman diss though)

Got this weedhead chick, she always catch me doin shit
Crazy girl wanna leave me but she always forgets
(lol... OK, that ones funny as hell...LOL)

Got this Chinese chick, had to leave her quick'
Cause she kept bootleggin my shit - man
(OK, why the Asian Lady got to bootleg shit, that's fucked up)

I got this African chick with Eddie Murphy on her skull
She like, "Jigga Man, why you treat me like animal?"
I'm like excuse me Ms. Fufu, but when I met your ass
you was dead broke and naked, and now you want half

(Now OK, a starving African woman that Jigga had to pick up and save, now she's greedy and wants half. By far the worst, this one got to a lot of Somilians I know)

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2002, 12:49:22 AM »
And Nas actually didn't diss Angie up front, just said that people at Hot 97 came out with wacked albums, like Angie. And Nas can speak about Nore, they boys, I have friends and I always give them constrive critism.

KVB

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2002, 02:49:01 AM »

I got this black chick, she don't know how to act
Always talkin out her neck, makin her fingers snap
She like, "Listen Jigga Man, I don't care if you rap
You better - R-E-S-P-E-C-T me"
(hum... is that a sterio type)

I got this indian squaw the day that I met her
Asked her what tribe she with, red dot or feather
She said all you need to know is I'm not a ho
And to get with me you better be Chief Lots-a-Dough
(hum... a little steal from Good Will Hunting, why she got to be a hoe in the first place, and why she after a man with money, is that all she wants)

I got this young chick, she so immature
She like, "Why you don't buy me Reeboks no more?"
Like to show out in public, throw tantrums on the floor
Gotta toss a couple dollars, just to shut up her holla
(OK, just a couple dollars keeps a girl happy)

Got a project chick, that plays her part
And if it goes down y'all that's my heart
Baby girl so thorough she been with me from the start
Hid my drugs from the NARCs, hid my guns by the parts
(And do all project chicks act like this)

I got this paranoid chick, she's scared to come to the house
A hypochondriac who says ouch before I whip it out
(Just straight weird)

Got a chick from Peru, that sniff Peru
She got a cousin at customs that get shit through
(Immagrant that smuggles shit, more of a steriotype than woman diss though)

Got this weedhead chick, she always catch me doin shit
Crazy girl wanna leave me but she always forgets
(lol... OK, that ones funny as hell...LOL)

Got this Chinese chick, had to leave her quick'
Cause she kept bootleggin my shit - man
(OK, why the Asian Lady got to bootleg shit, that's fucked up)

I got this African chick with Eddie Murphy on her skull
She like, "Jigga Man, why you treat me like animal?"
I'm like excuse me Ms. Fufu, but when I met your ass
you was dead broke and naked, and now you want half

(Now OK, a starving African woman that Jigga had to pick up and save, now she's greedy and wants half. By far the worst, this one got to a lot of Somilians I know)

LMAO, I don't think Jay-Z was steaming mad with anger and hatred towards women when he wrote "Girls, Girls, Girls". You have misinterpreted that song bad. You seem to have ignored the hook. M Dogg why don't you quote the hook for us. So you can officially prove that Jay-Z hates women. For real, this is ridicolous. Let's just end the discussion here.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2002, 03:22:36 AM »

LOL, Nas dissed a woman. By saying "your album is wack" you're basically dissing a person, especially as Nas don't know Angie, that means he's talking shit to a woman he don't know, who has never said anything negative about him. How fucking pathetic is that? Nas dissing innocent women... fucking hypocrite. (Angie Martinez's album has got good reviews BTW)

Let's take a look at "Nastradamus" or Jay-Z's "Vol. 2" Both were wack albums. But Dr. Dre, Timbaland, Eminem, Puff Daddy etc. didn't run to the radio stations to proclaim it. Do you think a casual rapper would have publicly called these album wack when he didn't know the artists themselves?
Not that their personal relationship matters, it's still a diss.. Let's say Dr. Dre, or some no-name rapper did. They would be dissing Jay-Z and Nas. Understand? My point is, Nas was dissing Angie Martinez.

Also, he may have said some more stuff about her that Col. Techniec didn't write here. Jay-Z has I never said "'all women are hoes, we don't love hoes" or anything like that. I have never heard Jay-Z dissing women, so I dunno where these charges come from. I was just curious to know, peace.

It's never personal, 704D I respect you man, just had to get this shit of my chest.

One.

It's coo', i'm not taking anything personally, this is just a discussion. But my point that your missing is, Nas didn't diss Martinez for being a woman, he dissed her album, she is a woman but that doesn't mean he was dissing her about being a woman, he was just talking about her album. Get me? And doesn't she work for Hot 97, thats prolly why he brought up that shit, and she's always on Jay's dick too so thats prolly another factor in this whole situation.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2002, 03:33:55 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025153653;start=20#21 date=06/27/02 at 08:22:36]

It's coo', i'm not taking anything personally, this is just a discussion. But my point that your missing is, Nas didn't diss Martinez for being a woman, he dissed her album, she is a woman but that doesn't mean he was dissing her about being a woman, he was just talking about her album. Get me? And doesn't she work for Hot 97, thats prolly why he brought up that shit, and she's always on Jay's dick too so thats prolly another factor in this whole situation.

Aight I feel you, but when it all comes down to it, he's still dissing a women and her album. :D
Who really cares though, I wasted enough time on this thread already. I'm done fighting over whether Nas dissed Angie Marinez or not. You have your opinion and I have mine.

Peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2002, 03:51:07 AM »
I'm listening to the interview right now, and what he said about Martinez was indirect, he said he doesn't want to hear disk jockeys making whack records, which is obviously aimed at her. And also to anyone who hasn't listened (props for the link KuRuPtion) directly to the interview yet do so, Nas speaks the truth, about hip-hop, about the whole Jay/Nas beef and Hot 97's connection with it, it's a really good listen.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2002, 03:54:34 AM »
Damn, the shit he's coming out with is actually giving me goose pimples, lol, the things he's saying about creativity and shit is real talk, he's not dissing everyone for nothing he's really got something to say, something that alot of people that love proper, raw and creative hip-hop are gonna appreciate.

KVB

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2002, 04:00:15 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1025153653;start=20#24 date=06/27/02 at 08:54:34]Damn, the shit he's coming out with is actually giving me goose pimples, lol, the things he's saying about creativity and shit is real talk, he's not dissing everyone for nothing he's really got something to say, something that alot of people that love proper, raw and creative hip-hop are gonna appreciate.

Some is real talk... some is cocky, disrespectful talk.

Peace

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2002, 04:13:18 AM »

... some is cocky, disrespectful talk.

Yeah I guess, but the way they've (hot 97) treated him over the past few months hasn't exactly been respectful to him.

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2002, 04:22:06 AM »
he did all that just becuase he couldn't perform a mediocre diss song? he needs to drop his i'm-on-top-of-the-fucking-world ego. i'm sure they would've rather heard life's a bitch w/ az instead of ether.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2002, 04:31:17 AM »
he did all that just becuase he couldn't perform a mediocre diss song? he needs to drop his i'm-on-top-of-the-fucking-world ego. i'm sure they would've rather heard life's a bitch w/ az instead of ether.

That's not the point man, like he said in the interview they've let people perform diss songs for years at the Summer Jam but when it comes to his that happens to be aimed at their precious Jay-Z they won't allow it. Not only is that hypocritical but it's trying to dumb down hip-hop in it's purest form because hip-hop is all about freedom of speech and hip-hop has always thrived on lyrical battles.

Jome

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2002, 04:45:06 AM »
Well, that was a lotta lame statements, and some true ones.