Author Topic: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview Part 2 With Erotic D (Dre/Cube/DOC) + Audio  (Read 1647 times)

Chad

Recently, we brought you the first selection of our exclusive interview with Erotic D. In Part 1, we discussed his journey from starting out as a party DJ in the early ‘80’s to connecting with D.O.C., working with Dr. Dre and being involved with NWA from the beginning, as well as giving us a detailed, first-hand account of the Death Row Records formation.

In part 2, we dig a little deeper into his incredible history by discussing his involvement with Death Row projects like the Chronic and Doggystyle, as well as uncovering information about a few mysteries surrounding some projects from around that time, such as the Dr. Dre & Ice Cube original Helter Skelter album. We talk about working on the D.O.C.’s Helter Skelter project, who Erotic D’s influences were, the people he’s ghost-written for, and much, much more! Don’t miss out on Part 2 with Erotic D!

http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/eroticd-part2/

Watch out for the final part of this series coming next week!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 01:22:06 PM by Chad aka Noncentz »
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

kuruptDPG

Re: DUBCNN: Exclusive Interview With Erotic D (Part 2) + Audio
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 01:01:24 PM »
damn that was a gd interview. cheers for that. gd to kno he was involved with the helter skelter album.

man state of dre, jus leak ur old stuff man lol

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
dope work once again chad!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Nooc210

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Planets
Yea!
Erotic Rocks That Sh!t.
while 6-Two tears it apart, surrounded by white folk...

keepin it gangsta!!
The Chonic • 2001 • Compton •
http://www.drdre.com

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
great job Noncentz!  8)

i don't believe those credit stories :P
anyway:
Dubcnn: From that record, were some of those tracks old Dre tracks?

No, that was all me. I was in the studio for 8 months thinking how I can shock the world. The only thing I used was the original beat that came in by itself on the Brand New Formula, because Doc requested that. I just looped that instrumental, but all them drum breaks and all that was all live sh-t. I hired some of the best musicians I could find to play. The bass lines was live, the saxophones were live, the congas was my sh*t. 80% of helter Skelter was all live drums. We just mixed the sh*t out of those motherf-ckers!

I had five hundred thousand dollars so I didn't have to work, EVER! *laughs*. I ain't got to watch my mouth; I’m the captain of the ship. DOC gave me the keys and the concept of what he wanted and I created all that. He wanted to use a couple of old Dre tracks though and Dre put an injunction on the record which I was like God Damn there is a God thank you. Cause I don’t want to steal nobody music we ain't got to do that. There was one track he wanted to use called "The year after", bringing us back to the two faced n-gga Sean Thomas the keyboard, I let him hear the song and he played keyboards on the original song so he went back and told Dre before the record came out. At the time I was pissed of at him but I should have thanked him because that gave me a chance to remix the record.

this story is a little different than D.O.C.'s one, but this one makes more sense, as i doubt Erotic would want to get himself into trouble by stealing Dre's stuff.

anyway, once again, i've got to give it up to Erotic for the production of Helter Skelter, cause that was one hell of an accomplishment  :)

by the way, i like the Six-Two track, dope wordplay as usual  8)

PS: let's hope that this topic stays stickied for more than just a few days ( no offense Rud  :laugh: )
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 01:01:50 AM by Dre-Day »

TRG

nice interview, lookin forward to part 3.

from what he says, it seems he's had a hand in just about everything during the first few yeas of death row while he was there lol  ::).

D-Stress

great interview.great song.
lol him "dissin" sean "barney" thomas, why does he say suge sent him back 2 texas when sean thomas was involved in almost every project on death row?

Chad

loads more of info is on its way fa sho!   8)

Don't forget, there's a Six-Two interview coming up as well......it's already been done! (in case you're wondering  ;D)
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

D-Stress

why does he say suge sent him back 2 texas when sean thomas was involved in almost every project on death row?
playing keys, producing,etc.

heat

• 'G'
good interview readin it makes me wanna relisten to all of DOCs albums!

D-Stress

why does he say suge sent him back 2 texas when sean thomas was involved in almost every project on death row?
playing keys, producing,etc.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
posting the same thing 3 times in a sticky topic doesn't help at all Psycho :D

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
keep it coming!

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy
great interview.great song.
lol him "dissin" sean "barney" thomas, why does he say suge sent him back 2 texas when sean thomas was involved in almost every project on death row?

Sean Thomas was up on the westcoast on 2 seperate occasions the first time he was up there around 89-90 is when Suge sent him back to TX.

hl_dalikeable

• Lil Geezy

Well,how come his credit stories is always vague?
As for all those tracks he got in his "vault",
like he says it's probably a bad business move if he leaks the tracks he did with/for Dre,so I respect that.  ;)

The 6-2 track is fire,maybe 6-2 and El-Dog should ask Erotic to join Genacide?
I think that would benifit all of them....

When it comes to this music buisness you have to be careful with your relationships. If you notice Erotic keeps mentioning that him and Dre still break bread. When these dudes get in these studios and start vibing you never know what's going to come out. They go back and forward with beats and sounds and when it's right that's what that is. The name of the track might change several times as well as the hook. Don't get it twisted these interviews are in no way a diss or stab at Dre's talant or credits he has shown much luv for DFW and Erotic got it sizzling down here and you are about to get a huge taste of what's cooking!!