Author Topic: The Game and 50 Meet for a secret meeting  (Read 3140 times)

h2k4

Re: The Game and 50 Meet for a secret meeting
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008, 10:29:46 AM »
I doubt that Jimmy would sabotage his own money.

50 only owes like 1 more album to Interscope and has strongly expressed an interest in jumping ship. If his albums sales are weaker, he has less of a bargaining chip when it's time to renegotiate. It's not sabotaging your money by pulling out promotional dollars on an artist who you don't stand to profit as much on in the future. Interscope isn't losing any money on the G-Unit album so it's not necessarily a bad move on their part. Who can say what's really going on? Only people that really know are the cats who work behind the scenes at G-Unit and Interscope.

Now this I could agree with.  Why invest money on an artist who will leave regardless of the outcome. +1

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2008, 11:02:21 AM »
Another How We Do or Hate It Or Love It would be unreal.  8)

midwestryder

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2008, 11:10:28 AM »
Game was doing stuff to make him come out on radio to say things. He wasnt loyal to 50.Loyalty over love. I dont watch videos or listen to the radio so i dont really care about there singles. im not into the mainstream singles cause it doesnt have the content i like there i buy albums. im a hip hop head and there are not a lot of those mostly everybody is biased.

Well, I don't think Game was doing stuff publicly but even if he did, 50 should have handled it behind doors.  That is what a boss should do.  Not go on the radio and tell the whole world that Game is kicked out when you have Game on 106 and Park saying he didn't know what was going (I think he also said he was still in the group).  Nobody knows for sure what happened or whose fault it was unless you were involved with one of the camps.  My guess is that blame can be assessed to both parties, more so to 50 though.

Also, singles are what attract buyers, which turns into album sales, which is what we were discussing.  Singles are very important in order to get your average listenener wanting to buy your product.  G-Unit failed.

seee that is where you are wrong . you say that blame can be assessed to both parties, more so to 50 though but that is bullshit . it is more so game to blame not 50 cent . game was jealous of 50 cent being the top dogg & game only wanted to be topp dogg. also game was disloyal as hell . but you don't know waht loyallty means . loyallty mean you die for that person & his enemies is your enemies & you don't hang out with them at all. that is being a traitor if you hang out wth the person who put you on enemies . that is just wrong & that is what game did .without 50 cent game would have been dropped just like busta just got dropped by jimmy ijimmy was about to drop game from aftermath when 50 cent saved him. so game owes 50 cent everything .

Jimmy H.

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:46 AM »
Well, I don't think Game was doing stuff publicly but even if he did, 50 should have handled it behind doors.  That is what a boss should do.  Not go on the radio and tell the whole world that Game is kicked out when you have Game on 106 and Park saying he didn't know what was going (I think he also said he was still in the group).  Nobody knows for sure what happened or whose fault it was unless you were involved with one of the camps.  My guess is that blame can be assessed to both parties, more so to 50 though.

Game's biggest misstep to me and again, there may be something I'm not seeing here, was starting an anti-50 campaign when both Dre and Jimmy Iovine have a strong business investment in 50. Beyond anything else, both 50 and Game were artists on Aftermath and Interscope. If you're gonna go against your own label, you better make sure you have everything covered.

corner_boy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Offroad
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2008, 11:21:57 AM »
50, tell me how my ass taste

Quadruple OG

« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »
as soon as I saw mediatakeout was the source, knew it was 100% bullshit. Don't believe any "news" from that site

h2k4

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2008, 11:44:37 AM »
seee that is where you are wrong . you say that blame can be assessed to both parties, more so to 50 though but that is bullshit . it is more so game to blame not 50 cent . game was jealous of 50 cent being the top dogg & game only wanted to be topp dogg. also game was disloyal as hell . but you don't know waht loyallty means . loyallty mean you die for that person & his enemies is your enemies & you don't hang out with them at all. that is being a traitor if you hang out wth the person who put you on enemies . that is just wrong & that is what game did .without 50 cent game would have been dropped just like busta just got dropped by jimmy ijimmy was about to drop game from aftermath when 50 cent saved him. so game owes 50 cent everything .

I think it was 50's fault because of how it got blown up the way it did.  Both of them have big egos so it was only a matter of time before it came apart.  I'm talking about the way it unfolded and the aftermath of it.  I'm fully aware of what loyalty means, so no need to give me a definition.  You seem to have missed the part where I said the matter should have been handled behind doors.  Not to some radio station.  Making it public knowledge made it worse.

h2k4

« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2008, 11:51:05 AM »
Game's biggest misstep to me and again, there may be something I'm not seeing here, was starting an anti-50 campaign when both Dre and Jimmy Iovine have a strong business investment in 50. Beyond anything else, both 50 and Game were artists on Aftermath and Interscope. If you're gonna go against your own label, you better make sure you have everything covered.

How did the G-Unot campaign hurt Game?  He was already out of the group.  Maybe in terms of not being able to work with Dre but I don't see that as a big loss.  Financially, he probably took a few lumps but it seems as if he is in a better place now.   Sure he traveled the rougher route but it turned out fine for him.  Game is still releasing quality music and is able to work with alot more artists than he was before.

dopeascanbe

• 'G'
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2008, 01:08:41 PM »
both of these niggas never really wanted this shit.  jimmy was the reason that shit went down in the first place.  game was loyal at first thats why he went at ja.  when jada and joe and nas came into the picture, game was already cool with them niggas.  (iif your boss gave you a job you want go at niggas you were cool with already and if you do thats a bitch move.) curtis went after them for gettin on a record with ja, (who the fuck made him ceo of the rap industry) game did not want no part of that and made it known, so curtis gets on the radio and kicked game out and talked about him which shoud have been settled behind close doors.  Thats just like a teacher callin out the student in front of every one making a scene instead of talking to a student one on one which would get better results. all this is where curtis was wrong.  game was wrong by going at them niggas(g-unit) all out the way he did when dre told him to stop, but then again they did not stop going at him either, and both camps are still going at each other.

as far as who it hurt HELL it hurt both of them cause both have big egos, but i cant fuck wit curtis because of the undacova shit like gettin iovine to keep dre from working wit gameand to push niggas shit back keeping thier kids from eating

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2008, 08:49:12 PM »
both of these niggas never really wanted this shit.  jimmy was the reason that shit went down in the first place.  game was loyal at first thats why he went at ja.  when jada and joe and nas came into the picture, game was already cool with them niggas.  (iif your boss gave you a job you want go at niggas you were cool with already and if you do thats a bitch move.) curtis went after them for gettin on a record with ja, (who the fuck made him ceo of the rap industry) game did not want no part of that and made it known, so curtis gets on the radio and kicked game out and talked about him which shoud have been settled behind close doors.  Thats just like a teacher callin out the student in front of every one making a scene instead of talking to a student one on one which would get better results. all this is where curtis was wrong.  game was wrong by going at them niggas(g-unit) all out the way he did when dre told him to stop, but then again they did not stop going at him either, and both camps are still going at each other.

as far as who it hurt HELL it hurt both of them cause both have big egos, but i cant fuck wit curtis because of the undacova shit like gettin iovine to keep dre from working wit gameand to push niggas shit back keeping thier kids from eating

Seriously, I couldn't have said it better. Curtis goes at anyone and everyone for no damn reason except to keep his name out in the media.