Author Topic: Producer Qd3 Calls Weezy “The Tupac Of This Generation” (LMAO)  (Read 818 times)

Elano

The self-proclaimed “best rapper alive,” Lil’ Wayne, proved to be just that, when his last album Tha Carter III sold over 1 million copies in its first week. Now, the rap superstar looks shine on a different stage, as QD3 Entertainment preps a film biography on the life and career of Mr. Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. titled, The Carter for 2009.

From the producers who delivered the Tupac Shakur documentary, Thug Angel, as well as the popular Beef DVD series, QD3 Entertainment in association with Young Money Entertainment, has announced plans to release the first-ever biography on the life and career of Weezy. Directed by filmmaker Adam Lough (The Upsetter, which chronicled the life and music of reggae producer Lee “Scratch” Perry), the film will explore the man, his family and the drive behind his fame.

"We at Young Money are thrilled to be working with QD3 on the production of The Carter,” noted Lil Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant in a statement. "As Weezy's manager and lifelong friend, I am excited to see Wayne's story documented with truth and sincerity. Not only is Wayne the hottest musician in the business, but his life story reads something like a Hollywood script enabling this film to break boundaries. And there is no doubt in Wayne's mind that this film will exceed any and all expectation. He's a f@#king rockstar!"

As the leading independent producer and aggregator of high quality urban content for multi-platform distribution, QD3 Entertainment Founder and CEO Quincy D. Jones III hopes the doc will serve as a vehicle to shed light on pre and post Hurricane Katrina New Orleans and offer insight from those who know Weezy best.

“In my career as a music/producer/film producer I’ve been blessed to have worked with some of the best artists of our time, including Tupac Shakur, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube, and others,” Jones stated. “Lil’ Wayne is hands down the Tupac of this generation in that he is a true artist, a world class writer/performer, and he’s not afraid to push the envelop on any level which makes him a true original.

“QD3 Entertainment is thrilled that Lil’ Wayne and Young Money Entertainment has trusted our company to document his life,” he continued, “The fact that [Wayne] just sold over 1 million albums in the first week without any media ploys is a testament to the strength of his music and artistry. The goal is to go beyond a standard doc and create a theatrical product that will serve as the definitive documentation of Wayne’s life and career.”

The Carter is scheduled for release by Genius Products in 2009.

(sohh)

Lunatic

Re: Producer Qd3 Calls Weezy “The Tupac Of This Generation” (LMAO)
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 10:17:58 PM »
wow...
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 10:20:43 PM »
wow...

Hey this generation needs they hero too. Just a sign of the times. You have people growing up now that did not grow up on Pac or other artists before Wayne.

Black Gloves

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 10:55:30 PM »

lol and the same thing was said when 50 was popular...

people gotta realize....when you hot = dickridin ass niggaz will come

ask him to say this again in 2 years after Waynes popularity died down and u KNOW he wont
say it..cuz by then he'll dickride the next rapper that blows up big.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 10:56:42 PM »
wow...

Hey this generation needs they hero too. Just a sign of the times. You have people growing up now that did not grow up on Pac or other artists before Wayne.
agreed, but wayne aint that hero lol. Saigon is the dude who has the best chance of being that.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 12:31:28 AM »
wow...

agreed, but wayne aint that hero lol. Saigon is the dude who has the best chance of being that.
nahh Buddens ;) lol

D~Nice

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 12:33:18 AM »

ask him to say this again in 2 years after Waynes popularity died down and u KNOW he wont

Ha, true. I don't agree with him but to each his own.

D-Stress

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2008, 12:36:14 AM »
i have respect for qd III, but WTF?

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »
qd3 lost ol dickridin ass mufucka

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2008, 03:03:44 AM »
Common is more of a 2Pac Figure than any of these club shit faggots.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2008, 03:15:50 AM »
maybe in terms of work ethic... but fuck that too.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2008, 03:17:28 AM »
The self-proclaimed “best rapper alive,” Lil’ Wayne, proved to be just that, when his last album Tha Carter III sold over 1 million copies in its first week. Now, the rap superstar looks shine on a different stage, as QD3 Entertainment preps a film biography on the life and career of Mr. Dwayne Michael Carter, Jr. titled, The Carter for 2009.

From the producers who delivered the Tupac Shakur documentary, Thug Angel, as well as the popular Beef DVD series, QD3 Entertainment in association with Young Money Entertainment, has announced plans to release the first-ever biography on the life and career of Weezy. Directed by filmmaker Adam Lough (The Upsetter, which chronicled the life and music of reggae producer Lee “Scratch” Perry), the film will explore the man, his family and the drive behind his fame.

"We at Young Money are thrilled to be working with QD3 on the production of The Carter,” noted Lil Wayne's manager Cortez Bryant in a statement. "As Weezy's manager and lifelong friend, I am excited to see Wayne's story documented with truth and sincerity. Not only is Wayne the hottest musician in the business, but his life story reads something like a Hollywood script enabling this film to break boundaries. And there is no doubt in Wayne's mind that this film will exceed any and all expectation. He's a f@#king rockstar!"

As the leading independent producer and aggregator of high quality urban content for multi-platform distribution, QD3 Entertainment Founder and CEO Quincy D. Jones III hopes the doc will serve as a vehicle to shed light on pre and post Hurricane Katrina New Orleans and offer insight from those who know Weezy best.

“In my career as a music/producer/film producer I’ve been blessed to have worked with some of the best artists of our time, including Tupac Shakur, LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Ice Cube, and others,” Jones stated. “Lil’ Wayne is hands down the Tupac of this generation in that he is a true artist, a world class writer/performer, and he’s not afraid to push the envelop on any level which makes him a true original.

“QD3 Entertainment is thrilled that Lil’ Wayne and Young Money Entertainment has trusted our company to document his life,” he continued, “The fact that [Wayne] just sold over 1 million albums in the first week without any media ploys is a testament to the strength of his music and artistry. The goal is to go beyond a standard doc and create a theatrical product that will serve as the definitive documentation of Wayne’s life and career.”

The Carter is scheduled for release by Genius Products in 2009.

(sohh)
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2008, 07:56:38 AM »
wow...

nahh Buddens ;) lol
Nahhhhhh, Papoose ;D

I'm just playing. :yikes: at the comment though.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2008, 09:01:00 AM »

waynes popularity aint dyin down bro..

boy been hot since true story.. other coast jus now givin him his credit... niggas down here been knew was a monster..

all these other artist.. saigon..papoose.. dont get no play in the south like that unless ya ass in college... n from out of state...

niggas cant relate to that bullshit...down here..

80s babies in the south got face.. and he was our pac

wayne is the nigga u love to hate...when he came out niggas was lovin him... he get bigger than he is ...niggas wanna change

90s babies in the south got wayne.. he is their pac..

wayne the only nigga still relevant in the south from the 90's that albums still sell..and can bring the south out in masses...

he got the best winning streak down here..

who else still puttin down and people break their necks to go get it..and he still got room to keep goin..

plus he dont need controversy to move units.... no matter what shit goin on ... didnt use it to move units...

ud think the photoshopped ass pic of him kissin baby woulda made em lose fans... jus like the niggas who saw pac dancin in leopard thongs and humpin suzy q blow up dolls...

did it..no..

« Last Edit: July 08, 2008, 09:06:04 AM by 3rd Coast »

westsiderider323

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2008, 09:05:14 AM »
wow blasphamy