Author Topic: BABY.....double album  (Read 167 times)

themovie

BABY.....double album
« on: June 22, 2002, 12:32:16 AM »
Cash Money.....again!

"Cash Money Records co-CEO Brian "Baby" Williams rides with dashboards made of "swine" and sits on "alligator seats with the head in the inside" when he's rolling in one of his hot wheels around New Orleans.

But hip-hop's #1 stunna has had to do without the luxuries of his toys for a good portion of the past few months. "The Birdman" has been flying.

"I damn near live there," he said recently of New York. "I 'm always out there."

It hasn't been all about stunning up in clubs like Cheetah and Lot 61 while Baby's been visiting NYC. He and a few of his Cash Money cohorts have been putting in work on remixes for Foxy Brown and Cam'ron.

"She wasn't there," he said about recording his verse for Brown's "Stylin'," which also features her brother Gavin, Loon and Noreaga. "They just called for me, and I just ran over and did the muthaf---er. [The chorus' references to Burberry] was right up my alley."

He was also a fan of Cam's "Oh Boy" and had no problem jumping on that song's reworking. "He reached for me, and I was gonna reach for him anyway for my solo album," he explained. "We switched it from 'Oh Boy' to 'Oh Girl.' That was his idea — that was all Cam. TQ is singing the hook. I was already on that 'Oh Boy' sh-- anyway. I like that a lot. I just flipped it and done me."

Baby also appears on a remix of the Clipse's "Grindin' " with Noreaga and Lil' Wayne. "I like the Clipse," Baby said. "Them n---as can rap they ass off, and with Pharrell [Williams'] music they gonna be all right. I like that beat. When I first saw the video, I said them cats gonna blow up. They talk that sh-- I like to hear, that ghetto sh--. I'm shining on the remix. A little hustling, but I'm more shining. I keep it basic, dog."

On Baby's upcoming double album solo debut, The Birdman, he followed one of the basic practices of American society: calling on people to return favors.

"When I do something for a muthafu--er, I don't want no money, 'cause you never know when you might need that hand," he explained. "I'm doing my thing now, 'Holla back homey, I need some love.' I been reaching for people. Everybody's been trying to give me a beat or do a verse. Me and Puffy doing one together right now. I did one on his [upcoming] album. I'm supposed to be getting a beat from Pharrell with the Clipse on there. Me and Nelly are talking about doing one."

Others pledging to spit game alongside Baby include Cam and Foxy, 8Ball, Too Short and of course the Cash Money Clique. Swizz Beatz and Jazzy Pha have already contributed two tracks apiece, but as with all CMC releases, Mannie Fresh, who Baby said is going to ultimately decide the album's first single, is handling the bulk of the board work.

Baby and Fresh, the Big Tymers, start a club tour of the West Coast on June 25 with labelmate Mack 10."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

S.G.V.

Re: BABY.....double album
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2002, 09:30:55 AM »
sounds tight...baby is really re-working cash money to be tight again....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »