Author Topic: DMX & Swizz Beatz To Get Sued  (Read 260 times)

=[Euthanasia]=

DMX & Swizz Beatz To Get Sued
« on: June 12, 2002, 02:45:26 AM »
A rapper out of Brooklyn NY, Mr. D. Original, has announced his plans to sue Swizz Beatz and DMX. He claims Swizz and DMX stole a song that he submitted to Swizz Beatz on a demo cd. The track he claims was stolen was the hit by DMX "Aint No Sunshine" which appeared on the "Exit Wounds" soundtrack.

Mr. D. Original revealed how he came up with the song by stating: "My mother died in the hospital due to hospital negligence...When my mom passed away, I wrote 'Ain't No Sunshine When She's Gone' as a memorial to her. The song was real deep with a universal appeal, and I knew that it was destined to be a hit record. Millions of people can relate to a family member dying in the hospital."

(source: toogangsta.net)

Tut, tut. Teaches this guy to copywrite his material before passing out demo's, but then thats a pretty shitty thing to do on Swizz Beatz and DMX's part (if it's true), especially since this song has a strong meaning to this guy.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

Re: DMX & Swizz Beatz To Get Sued
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 03:17:17 AM »
How can you know if this is true or not?
People will do ANYTHING for money these days... especially in the US, don't think for a second some unknown, destitute dude will hesitate making up a story like this. This claim is ridiculous.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 03:29:08 AM »
How can you know if this is true or not?
People will do ANYTHING for money these days... especially in the US, don't think for a second some unknown, destitute dude will hesitate making up a story like this. This claim is ridiculous.

No-one knows if this is true or not, expect for the guy himself and Swizz Beatz and DMX. If it is true then Swizz Beatz & DMX will obviously deny it, if it's not true and this guy gets exposed as a liar then this guy's a fool for trying something like this especially against two very established artists. But you can't count these allegations out totally, I mean what you said about this claim being ridiculous, both DMX and Swizz Beatz could of thought that if they used this song no-one would believe this guy if he made a claim like this because he's a nobody compaired to them and people would mark it off as being ridiculous, you've just proved that.
You never know though, guess we'll have to wait on the outcome.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 03:41:21 AM »
Well... I won't believe his story for a second, but as you said, let's wait on the outcome.

EastsideLBC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2002, 08:56:04 AM »
Like KVB said everybody is out fo tha some1 else's money and this could be just a guy tryin to get money fo free, but I dont think he would say that he wrote that song fo mom and it not be true...if he did that he mos def. wrong! We will just have to wait......only time will tell!!

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2002, 03:45:08 PM »
This is rediculous.  Get at this.... Ther'es an old song by a guy named Bill Withers that's been around for at least 20 years, called "ain't no Sunshine when she's gone", and the whole track was based off that sample, and off of the lyrics of the original.  so, how can one guy say the other guy ripped him off, when both of them were just sampling an old song?  That's rediculous.  

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2002, 02:50:57 AM »
This is rediculous.  Get at this.... Ther'es an old song by a guy named Bill Withers that's been around for at least 20 years, called "ain't no Sunshine when she's gone", and the whole track was based off that sample, and off of the lyrics of the original.  so, how can one guy say the other guy ripped him off, when both of them were just sampling an old song?  That's rediculous.  

Lol, yeah, fuck it. None of the covers of this song can put a scratch on the OG, the OG is a classic, you find that with most originals that have been covered though so there's no suprise there.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2002, 04:31:24 PM »

Yeah, thats what i was thinking.