Author Topic: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread  (Read 25052 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 11:33:27 AM »
^^ wow dope, never knew there was a video for this.why i never saw it before?no sources say shit about this video.
p.s. it aint the same paradise from death row.how you know its her?

well you suck at doing research, maybe that explains it

D-Stress

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 11:40:36 AM »
its not her.
MC Ren - Same Ol' Shit

Label:   Ruthless Records, Relativity
Credits:   Additional Vocals - Joanette (BaddNewz) Porter*
Engineer - Big Bad Bob Morse*
Keyboards - Mark (Fingaz) Dixon*
Producer, Written-By - Tootie
Written-By - MC Ren
Notes:   Produced by Tootie for Night Stawka Productionz. Recorded and mixed at Echo Sound Studios, LA, CA.
Manufactured & distributed by Relativity Ent. Distribution, Inc.

2           Same Old Shit (4:07)
       Keyboards - Mark "Fingaz" Dixon
  Vocals [Additional] - Badd Newz

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 11:43:11 AM »
its not her.
MC Ren - Same Ol' Shit

Label:   Ruthless Records, Relativity
Credits:   Additional Vocals - Joanette (BaddNewz) Porter*
Engineer - Big Bad Bob Morse*
Keyboards - Mark (Fingaz) Dixon*
Producer, Written-By - Tootie
Written-By - MC Ren
Notes:   Produced by Tootie for Night Stawka Productionz. Recorded and mixed at Echo Sound Studios, LA, CA.
Manufactured & distributed by Relativity Ent. Distribution, Inc.

2           Same Old Shit (4:07)
       Keyboards - Mark "Fingaz" Dixon
  Vocals [Additional] - Badd Newz

wow you've just answered your own question

Quadruple OG

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 03:46:50 PM »
Okay, I have been gearing up for this for a while. This is something I have always wanted to do, to make the ULTIMATE Death Row thread or Death Row affiliates thread so with the death of a company and a lot of people's lively hood *gives a hard stare at some forum members*, but also the companies inner-workings are. I'll start with one to get Ed Capo/Tha Hustla to stop making threads about her since she has probably retired.

PARADISE - Made appearances on three soundtracks in which Death Row either was on or was in charge of.
                   - Also apparently signed to Long Play Music Group which was apparently a division of Fontana Distribution
                   - Possibly retired which is likely the case after you read below.

"Long Play Music Group are proud to announce the launch of their DVD by poker pro player "Evelyn", and Slick Sister debut album "Born to Borrow". Both projects will be available this summer, nationwide. Long Play are also producing new music for 2 artists signed to Death Row Records during the labels successful reign; Paradise, and V.K. The upcoming debut album release from V.K. ("Vanesha Knight") will be released through Long Play Music / Fontana this fall.

Visit Long Play Music on myspace;
www.myspace.com/lpmusicgroup"

The Myspace hasn't been active since 2007, the news apparently came from www.nobodysmiling.com which means someone pulled a trick on them. I checked with Fontana Distribution and there was NEVER a Long Play Music Group on their distribution. Check their roster by clicking here. This story is bogus, and I have a good idea who orchestrated this little news article because I talked with them for about three months and I know how they work. So to put it bluntly Hustla, she probably retired after 1996 since Death Row went into limbo.

She Ain´t On The Roster?

Death Row Inmate: Paradise

http://rapidshare.com/files/128723808/Paradise-Down_With_My_Nigga.mp3.html Paradise-Down With My Nigga (Deep Cover)
Female-Gangsta Rap, Real Hardcore-Lyrics,Old School G-Shit Produced By Rhythm D And (DJ) Unknown
http://rapidshare.com/files/128725730/Paradise-Hoochies_Need_Love_Too.mp3.html Paradise-Hoochies Need Love Too (Above The Rim)
Smooth-Ass Track With Isley Brothers Sample,Female G-Funk Produced By: S "Bright Eyes" Riley,Suamana Brown Co-producer-Captain Curt
http://rapidshare.com/files/128727161/Paradise-Devotion.wma.html Paradise-Devotion (Gang Related)
Another Mellow-Track With Earth-Wind & Fire Sample G-Funkish Beat, R´n´B Feel To It Produced By: Les "Dr.Smoke" Pierce Of The Group "Colour Club".

She also done the chorus on Same Old Shit by MC Ren.

Heres some videos from Above The Rim.

O.F.T.B. - Body and Soul feat. Jewell
http://www.zshare.net/video/15157689c65daaba/

2nd II None - Didnt Mean To Turn You On (dirty)
http://www.zshare.net/video/15159539a832a4c6/

and
O.F.T.B. - Crack 'Em (dirty)
http://www.zshare.net/video/1515865578930e8f/ (wearing deathrow chains)

"Body and Soul" is from the Gridlock'd soundtrack, not Above The Rim.

Few things in this thread are wrong though.

Quadruple OG

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 04:44:07 PM »
another little known fact about Suge: He did some consulting for "Fastlane" (the show on FOX that had Bill Bellamy and some other guy as cops, lasted one season) to bring some authenticity to a couple of the episodes

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 06:05:13 PM »
i thought the DOC wrote keep their heads ringing

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 06:25:40 PM »

J. Flexx did and Sneed co-produced it.

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 06:27:26 PM »
another little known fact about Suge: He did some consulting for "Fastlane" (the show on FOX that had Bill Bellamy and some other guy as cops, lasted one season) to bring some authenticity to a couple of the episodes

Interesting. I never knew that. Great show, I wish it would have continued longer.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 06:28:55 PM »

damn does dre ever produce shit for himself with no help?

The Real Kilo2

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 06:30:14 PM »

From time to time.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 06:32:15 PM »

From time to time.

LOL

Mietek23

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 02:57:30 AM »
^^^yea, but the problem is that the beats produced by dre himself always sucks big time

D-Stress

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2008, 08:19:13 AM »
killz, what do you know about hug?was he just on "g´z up hoes down"?
was d-ruff on death row too?david ruffin jr., wasnt he dre´s gay-lover?did he ever do something for death row?appearances,etc?

Quadruple OG

« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2008, 11:05:55 AM »

Interesting. I never knew that. Great show, I wish it would have continued longer.

Was one of my favorite shows. I met Bill Bellamy a couple years ago and was talking with him about Fastlane, and he missed doing that show, but the main reason it was cancelled is because of how ridiculously expensive it was to make the show. The one season cost $57.2 million to produce because of all the stunts, pyro, etc. He also said at the time that Fastlane would never be released onto DVD because it would have cost them a shitload for them to keep the original soundtrack (which shows when watching the series on DVD because there were several west coast songs that got shine on the show including DJ Quik and WC...and they had to take Snoop off of the intro theme as well).

I was lookin' forward to more Jay Mohr on than show too. He was funny as shit on "Action" (another FOX show that was cancelled WAY too soon, was like the Grandfather for Entourage)

D-Stress

« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2008, 11:12:04 AM »
yea, but the problem is that the beats produced by dre himself always sucks big time

i highly doubt that dre produced something on his own.dre´s a product of yella, cold187um, mel-man, sean barney rumbles, sam sneed, j-flexx and later mel-man and scott storch.now its focus