Author Topic: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread  (Read 25060 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: THE DEFINITIVE Death Row Records/Tha Row Thread
« Reply #120 on: February 03, 2009, 02:03:51 AM »
If anyone wants to put up the money you can get a good portion of Dre's Mr. Officer from the Birth Of A Nation documentary. It features a good clip.

It'll cost you $225 though. Good luck finding it.

I got mine already.

no it's not, stop lying

DTG Entertainment

« Reply #121 on: February 03, 2009, 03:31:38 AM »
FILMMAKER SUES HBO'S 'BASTARDS' OVER FOOTAGE: Matthew McDaniel says doc used 1992 riots clips without asking.

*African-American filmmaker Matthew McDaniel was shocked to see video footage he shot during the 1992 Los Angeles riots as part of the recent HBO documentary "Bastards of the Party," especially since no one involved with the film asked him if the clips could be used.

McDaniel, who says he's spent the last 20 years documenting the condition of blacks in America, has filed a federal lawsuit in Los Angeles against HBO, Antoine Fuqua, Fuqua Films, and Cle "Bone" Sloan for copyright infringement, fraud, breach of contract, and unfair competition. The lawsuit seeks both monetary damages and injunctive relief.

The footage in question was also used, with permission, by Dr. Dre in his groundbreaking 1992 rap album, "The Chronic," as well as in McDaniel's award-winning documentary "Birth of a Nation: 4-29-1992."

"Bastards of the Party," directed by former gang-banger Cle "Bone"
Sloan and executive produced by Fuqua, takes an in depth look at the history, proliferation and future of the Crips and Bloods in Los Angeles.

The only thing him and Dre have in common. Lol.

http://www.eurweb.com/printable.cfm?id=31695

Mietek23

« Reply #122 on: February 03, 2009, 03:51:16 AM »

jacked from caughtup

Could you post the album version of "Untouchable" by NINA and 2Pac?

2euce 7even

« Reply #123 on: February 03, 2009, 04:34:29 AM »
i think it´s on the board.

some1 know tracklist from skg´s "51/50" album?
anyone heard (about) the song "god don´t like ugly" by snoop?(was supposed to be on "doggystyle".)

Chad Vader

« Reply #124 on: February 03, 2009, 05:12:19 AM »
anyone heard (about) the song "god don´t like ugly" by snoop? (was supposed to be on "doggystyle".)

Sounds like it was a working title for "Murder Was The Case";

Here's a preview article in The Source July 1993,# 46,Cypress Hill cover.
They talk about a cut called "God Don't Like Ugly".
The track has been discussed before,so just search the board.  ;)

Snoop Dogg; Doggystyle (God Don't Like Ugly) preview in The Source July 1993,# 46

AnnonymousOne

« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2009, 11:38:20 AM »
The footage in question was also used, with permission, by Dr. Dre in his groundbreaking 1992 rap album, "The Chronic," as well as in McDaniel's award-winning documentary "Birth of a Nation: 4-29-1992.

Supposedly there was an exchange. Dre let him use "Mr. Officer" in the documentary and he let Dre use some documentary audio.

2euce 7even

« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2009, 09:53:10 AM »
^^ can some1 up this shit?

another unreleased group on death row was "murder IV hire".
here´s a snippet off their song "murder IV hire".

plus myspace info´s from "murder IV hire"-members.
LA BEAT BRANCH
L.A. BEAT BRANCH DARRELL (D.J. DARRELL)PRODUCER,D.J.,ENGINEER,ARRANGER,CHOREOGRAPHER. AGE:4O, RAISED IN SOUTH CENTRAL LOS ANGELES, PUEBLO DEL RIO PROJECTS HIGH SCHOOL: H P FORMER GROUP: MURDER IV HIRE 1994-PRESENT DARRELL JR (DJ KAOS) PRODUCER, FORMER CRENSHAW HIGH MUSICIAN, DJ, ENGINEER, RAPPER, SINGER, ARRANGER, CHOREOGRAPHER. AGE:22 BORN AND RAISED IN LOS ANGELES CA, PUEBLO DEL RIO PROJECTS FORMER GROUP:A LIL BIT FUNKY 1994-PRESENT L.A. BEAT BRANCH ASSOCIATES: CYPRESS HILL, DEATH ROW, BIG JAKE (R.I.P.), 2ND II NONE, MELLOW MAN ACE, GREEN EYES, RHYME POETIC MAFIA, J.KILLA, MOST HATED MOB, FIVE FOOTERS, REDRUM, FUNKDOOBIOUS, DAVE DUNCANS, THE NICKERSON GARDENS & BANGIN' ON WAX.
NAPALM ENTERTAINMENT
JAMES TRESEVANT JR. A.K.A. "NEO tha' ONE" EARS FIRST OPEN TO MUSIC AS A CHILD BY, MY MOTHER, "MS. JESSIE MAE EPPS TRESEVANT. SHE PRACTICALLY INTRODUCED ME TO EVERY SOUL & R&B ARTIST BY PLAYING HER OLD 45's, L.P.'s AND HER PRECIOUS, 8 TRACK TAPES, WHILE SHE CLEANED HOUSE, DAILY & ENTERTAINING HER GUEST. ARTISTS LIKE: CURTIS MAYFIELD, BARRY WHITE & JOHNNY "GUITAR" WATSON etc., GREW UP IN THE HOUSE, RIGHT ALONG WITH ME. BY LISTENING TO ALL THESE ARTISTS I INHERITED MY STYLE OF COMPOSING, ARRANGING & MIXING. FATT DRUMS BY: JAMES BROWN, FUNKY GUITAR RIFFS BY: THE OHIO PLAYERS &,THE CREATIVE SYNTH SOUNDS OF PARLIAMENT/FUNKADELIC, WHICH GAVE ME THE TOOLS I NEEDED TO STUDY & LEARN WHAT GREAT MUSIC IS ALL ABOUT. MY MUSIC CAREER BEGUN AT THE AGE OF 20. ON ONE SATURDAY IN 1984,I WENT TO A DOWNTOWN MOVIE THEATRE WHERE THEY WERE PLAYING "KRUSH GROOVE". A MOVIE WHICH DISPLAYED A NEW STYLE OF DANCE, RAP & MUSIC CALLED...HIP-HOP. I WAS AMAZED AT THIS STYLE & HAD TO LEARN MORE ABOUT IT. ME & MY PARTNER (MARK KENNEDY) FORMED A GROUP CALLED THE "M.R.A." (MASTER RAPPERS ASSOCIATION) IMITATING RAP GROUPS LIKE: "RUN-D.M.C.","THE FAT BOYS" & "ERIC B. & RAKIM" MIXED WITH OUR OWN STYLE. WE PERFORMED OUR SONGS ON THE STREETS OF L.A., FOR FRIENDS, LOCAL TALENT SHOW CASES & RADIO STATIONS LIKE (THE LEDGENDARY) "K-DAY". FROM THAT, I WAS INTRODUCED TO THE TURN-TABLES, TO GET MORE INVOLVED. I BECAME AN EXPERT AT SCRATCHING, MIXING & RAPPIN'. BY PUTTING TOGETHER & SELLING MY MIXED TAPES, I BECAME VERY POPULAR THROUGH OUT LOS ANGELES. MY FANS DEMANDED MORE & OFFERED MY MONEY TO HERE ME PLAY AT THEIR PARTIES LIVE. FROM THERE, I TEAMED UP WITH MY CURRENT PARTNER: (D.J.DARRELL) DARRELL DAVIS. TOGETHER, WE ROCKED L.A.'s GANGSTA' PARTIES. DJ DARRELL TOOK THE GAME A LITTLE FURTHER BY PRODUCING HIS OWN BEATS. A FEW YEARS LATER IN 1993, HE ASKED ME TO JOIN HIM. AT THIS TIME, A NEW STYLE OF MUSIC WAS OUT CALLED GANGSTA' RAP. USING OUR D.J. & BEAT MAKING SKILLS, WE CREATED OUR OWN FORM OF RAP TRACKS. WE MADE TRACKS FOR "MURDER IV HIRE". TOGETHER, WITH THEIR GANGSTA' RAPS & OUR GANGSTA' BEATS, WE WON FIRST PLACE IN SEVERAL LOCAL TALENT SHOW CASES. WE WERE EVEN NOTICE BY, AT THE TIME, THE NO. 1 RAP RECORD COMPANY "DEATH ROW" RECORDS. SUGE KNIGHT & BIG JAKE GAVE US A SHOT AT BECOMING STARS. HOWEVER SHORTLY, THE COMPANY COLLAPSED & OUR SHOT & GROUP WENT RIGHT OUT THE DOOR WITH IT. EVEN THOU, THIS WAS A BIG DOWN-FALL, I CONTINUED TO GROW STRONGER WITH DJ DARRELL. TODAY, WE DOMINATE THE L.A. GANGSTA' STREETS WITH OUR HARD GANGSTA' BEATS & RAPS. COLLABORATING WITH SUCH TALENTS AS: CYPRESS HILL, LATIN THUGS, RHYME POETIC MAFIA, JKILLA, ERIC "SMIDI" SMITH, GREEN EYEZ & MORE. WE ARE ABLE TO BE MORE INVOVED WITH THE ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS.
MURDER IV HIRE WERE BLOODS FROM SOUTH CENTRAL.

2euce 7even

« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2009, 09:58:08 AM »
Members Of Guesss/Guess/2DV Were
Dairyl "Dee Gee" Gerdine And Detron Irons

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #128 on: February 08, 2009, 12:54:41 PM »
The footage in question was also used, with permission, by Dr. Dre in his groundbreaking 1992 rap album, "The Chronic," as well as in McDaniel's award-winning documentary "Birth of a Nation: 4-29-1992.

Supposedly there was an exchange. Dre let him use "Mr. Officer" in the documentary and he let Dre use some documentary audio.

There was no exchange  :P :P :P :P :P....... so;?

If anyone wants to put up the money you can get a good portion of Dre's Mr. Officer from the
Birth Of A Nation documentary. It features a good clip.
It'll cost you $225 though. Good luck finding it.
I got mine already.

:P
Well... I like to hear audio proof  ;)
Dre-Day reached out to Matthew McDaniel on his  myspace..... lets say he was confused by this rumor.
So unless you post audio proof,I stick with what Matt told Dre-Day  ;)

yeah, that AnonymousOne guy got fucked with No Vaseline i guess  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2euce 7even

« Reply #129 on: February 09, 2009, 05:16:56 AM »
Where´s Kilo2?

AnnonymousOne

« Reply #130 on: February 11, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »
Anyone want to buy the doc? I have it on DVD. I'll sell it cheaper than the website.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 11:25:06 PM by AnnonymousOne »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #131 on: February 12, 2009, 08:05:23 AM »
Anyone want to buy the doc? I have it on DVD. I'll sell it cheaper than the website.

eeeh  :P proof first  ;)

buying crack is a better alternative

AnnonymousOne

« Reply #132 on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:31 AM »

No problem.

2euce 7even

« Reply #133 on: February 12, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
^^ action speaks louder than words.

AnnonymousOne

« Reply #134 on: February 12, 2009, 09:12:59 AM »

buying crack is a better alternative
I got some of that for you too crack head.