Author Topic: Chino XL's Albums  (Read 238 times)

DJ_Jay_Deee

Chino XL's Albums
« on: June 10, 2002, 09:58:09 PM »
I think Chino Xl has a couple of cd's out. What are the names of the CD's and which one is the best one. Peace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

KVB

Re: Chino XL's Albums
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2002, 10:43:31 PM »
Peep this site, I'm sure you'll find answers to each and all of your questions.

http://www.angelfire.com/mo/realHiphop/Chinoxl.html

KVB

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2002, 11:13:03 PM »
Here's another one, this one is even better and more informative IMO:

http://www.geocities.com/chino_xl_fan/

I found interesting information on his albums here.

Chino XL Albums

I Told You So

Released: 2001
Label: Metro Rap Records

Track Listing

1. Rude Awakening - (featuring Aziz)
2. What You Got
3. History
4. Nunca
5. That Would Be Me
6. Last Laugh - (featuring B-Real)
7. Let 'Em Live - (featuring Kool G. Rap)
8. Water
9. Babby Momma
10. Sorry - (featuring Shaunta)
11. Chino XL
12. Chinophone, Part One
13. You Don't Want It
14. Beef
15. Chinophone, Part Two
16. I Told You So
17. Don't Say A Word
18. Chino Fans
19. It's My World
20. Ass-In-An-Instant - (featuring MaryAnne)
21. Chianardo Di Caprio
22. Be Here
23. (untitled) - (hidden track)
24. (untitled) - (hidden track)

Review

"I Told You So, the recently released album from Chino XL, follows on with a familiar flavour. With its fine beats and decent production, this album is sure to please the fans.

The first track that should grab your attention is “Last Laugh”. This track is thick and full, with lots of layers to the music. Keys, guitar, bass and drums all blend well; along with great production it’s one of the best tracks. The next track of interest is “Let Em Live” where Chino XL shows off his talent with brilliant lyrics. This track is hard hitting and tightly produced although medium paced, with some effect drive horn samples that add to the character of the song. Like with most of the tracks on I Told You So, underlying the main feel of this track is soft strings which add to the fullness of the track. “Baby Momma” features great beats, although not ground breakingly innovative. One of the more interestingly titled tracks is “Chianardo Di Caprio” - again filled with string samples and showing a contrast with softly blended music against a edgy vocal. “Nuca” a slower paced song is well produced; Chino XL again demonstrates his rapping talent taking on a emotional quality with an atmosphere building sound. Another two tracks worth a quick mention are “Water” and “What You Get”, both have effects flavoured samples, which add to the final production.

In spite of, Chino XL’s style and (at times) crudeness, the album is filled with a decent number of tracks. Some may not like the artist or style, but each artist creates his own feel, and each sound has its good and bad points. With Chino XL as executive producer what we see is what we get."
~ Written by Chris “See-Kae” Kokotis

Here To Save You All

Released: 1996
Label: Warner Brothers

Track Listing

1. Here to Save You All
2. Deliver
3. No Complex
4. Partner to Swing
5. It's All Bad
6. Freestyle Rhymes
7. Riiiot! (featuring Ras Kass)
8. Waiting to Exhale
9. What Am I?
10. Feelin' Evil Again
11. Thousands
12. Kreep
13. Many Different Ways
14. Shabba-Doo Conspiracy (featuring Kool Keith)
15. Ghetto Vampire
16. Rise

Review

You'd never know it from the orgiastic response his work has received, but Eminem's pop-star- bashing, punchline-dispensing, bad seed persona was far from unprecedented in the world of hip-hop. Years before Eminem began outraging parents and pop stars alike with his brutally funny lyrics, New Jersey's Chino XL was already making the musical world safe for brainy, tasteless battle-rappers with his enormously promising but little-remembered debut, 1996's Here to Save You All. As might be expected from a rapper who boasts about his SAT scores, Chino is both smart and eccentric, and like Eminem, he uses his razor-sharp wit to lyrically dismember everyone from Will Smith to Magic Johnson to Chubb Rock. Considering the similarities between Detroit's most notorious native son and Chino XL, it's no wonder Eminem- basher Evidence of Dilated Peoples has decried the sometimes Slim Shady as a "fake Chino XL." It's not an entirely fair criticism, but it does contain a grain of truth, particularly since, like Eminem, Chino has a tendency to alternate between gleefully mean-spirited black comedy with tortured, self-deprecating introspection.

"It's All Bad" is undoubtedly the album's most elaborate, ambitious, and unusual song, beginning like a typical rags-to-riches narrative but taking a detour into a surreal theoretical universe where Chino's a huge, coke-addled mega-star whose career and life are both falling apart before his eyes. "Who Am I" smartly and sensitively addresses the complexities, frustrations, and ambiguities of Chino's mixed- race heritage, while "Kreep" borrows the chorus of Radiohead's breakthrough hit in dramatizing the ins and outs of a dysfunctional relationship. The same overbearing force of personality that makes Chino a hero to some will undoubtedly turn off others, but for the most part, Here to Save You All is one of the most distinctive and underrated debuts in hip-hop history.
~ Written By Nathan Rabin, All Music Guide

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2002, 12:36:28 AM »
Thanks 4 dat info, KVB.

KVB

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2002, 12:41:35 AM »
No problem... if you want a personal opinion you should ask Logic, I'm pretty sure he's a big Chino XL fan. Or someone else for that matter, I'm not Chino's biggest fan so I probably couldn't help you much.

Pz

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 11:50:03 AM »
Chino RULES

:)

You better believe i'll be first in line for "poisen Pen" his 3rd solo out in August....

Oh and Ras Kass is on the new album...

Whoo Hoo.

:D

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 04:20:12 PM »
Here To Save You All is his best work, but both are dope albums... it'll be nice to get poison pen after waiting for years...
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All