Author Topic: Nas and J lo collab  (Read 480 times)

da_notorious_mack

Nas and J lo collab
« on: June 06, 2002, 08:57:04 AM »
i was just wonderin what were yalls feelingz on this?while i like the track,i feel like nas has threw it all back in our faces,after droppin stillmatic,1 of the deepest albumz of tha yr so far and gettin away from his bling bling image,he drops that track wit j lo and his verse was just pure bling.whats yall opinionz???
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

=[Euthanasia]=

Re: Nas and J lo collab
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 11:05:55 AM »
I gotta be honest, I like the song, but like you am a bit dissapointed with the content of his verses, but man I don't let it fade my opinion of him because I know what he's capable of. He's said in many interviews that he doesn't want to leave any stone unturned so i'm hoping this was just a one off experiment thing. J-lo is pretty much an urban artist, just as much as Amerie (who featured on Stillmatic) so the actual collabo with her doesn't really bother me, but I wouldn't wanna see him doing songs with her or artists like her regularly, i'd rather him purely solo or with the likes of AZ or Mobb Deep, and so on. I know people are just gonna hate on him using this collabo as an excuse but really it's due to the pure fact that he's come back with a great album and he's on top of his game, but I don't let those people get to me.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 11:14:08 AM »
i aint hatin on him.i just know the jigga fans are going to come out from there stones and start sayin how can you say jigga is bling when nas is doing it as well.the songs dope but like u i wouldnt want to many tracks like this,i think he should be workin more by himself rather than collabin couse in the words of the man himself'my 1st ablum had no guest appearances,the outcome,im crowned the best lyricist'But i swear if he does a song with nysnyc.............................

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 12:42:24 AM »
i aint hatin on him.i just know the jigga fans are going to come out from there stones and start sayin how can you say jigga is bling when nas is doing it as well.the songs dope but like u i wouldnt want to many tracks like this,i think he should be workin more by himself rather than collabin couse in the words of the man himself'my 1st ablum had no guest appearances,the outcome,im crowned the best lyricist'But i swear if he does a song with nysnyc.............................

Lol, yeah man, if he does anything like that EVER i'm out of his fanbase! lol. But I doubt he'd ever take that route, even if he's said he wants to leave no stone unturned. The quote you used is exactly what I mean by knowing what he's capable of, no-one can ever take what he achieved with "Illmatic" away from him.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 12:45:35 AM »
i saw the makin of the video and he said that j lo wanted him on the track so she called him up and he was like "coo why not"
peace

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 02:30:02 AM »
i saw the makin of the video and he said that j lo wanted him on the track so she called him up and he was like "coo why not"
peace

Who would say 'no' to j-lo??????

KVB

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 03:43:49 AM »
What on earth is this?
A new song or what... ???

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 11:29:44 PM »
What on earth is this?
A new song or what... ???

You ain't heard yet? It's from her remix album thing she recently dropped. It's aight like, samples the beat to "I Got 5 On It".

KVB

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2002, 05:15:43 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023389824;start=0#7 date=06/08/02 at 04:29:44]

You ain't heard yet? It's from her remix album thing she recently dropped. It's aight like, samples the beat to "I Got 5 On It".

k, what is the song called? :D

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2002, 06:34:56 AM »
At first i was very dissapointed at nas 4 this. VERY dissapointed.
But j-lo looks so sexy in this video. Damn!
I dont mind the  song actually its alright. Nas' verses come correct. This is his second verse:

'Huh check it,
Yo nobody understands me, I'm dealin' with pressure,
My peoples is locked in a jail cell with no bail stressin',
Guess it's the life of a kingpin,
Rap Stephen King, rock bling,
Like neon lights, we gon' be alright,
But it's like, you feelin' me lesser,
Claim I'm actin' like a retard, right?
Me and my boys, we start fights, when will I mature?
You scream I'm in the streets all night,
Or where was I at, ya found light brown hairs on my hat,
I'm slow caught'
^^^^^^^Not too bad, good word play. But i dont think j-lo came with good vocals on this song. Could of been better.(maybe they didnt use a computer to modify her voice this time, i dunno).

I'm still dissapointed at Nas for doing this track anyway.

I agree with what 'da_notorious_mack' said. Nas comes the tighest by himself. The ocassional apperence by AZ. But nas' best songs have been solo. To get the full true Nas yu have to isten to him on a track by himself. You listen to tracks like you're da man, one mic and they just off stillmatc, you will all discover that Nas is a real street, poetic rhymer. Nas is an inspirational rapper he came from the grimy Queensbridge projects to stardom. I dont know how u guys home life is but mine aint easy. He admits that the money got to his head, he made mistakes. But now Nas the true ruler is back. When ever im down, i chuckk on nas, his music gives me hope(but i still listen to his music when im happy ;D), I truely do love Nas' music, his my favourite rapper. I'm even planning no writing a letter to Nas soon, i dunno how but i dont give a fuck, even if he doesnt write back its still worth the chance. But hopefully he replies. I heard Illmatic first out of Nas' cd's(i was litsening 2 snoop,dre at the time) and i was totally blown away with his lyrics and dope ass voice!!!! After this moment i crowned 'Illmatic the best hip hop album ever. NY State of mind, Half time etc. The whole album is perfect, man even my dad said he liked the album. After that came IWW, which was a dope album, no doubt! But the exact same thing that hsppened with snoop, second album was expexted to be even better than the first, Snoop and Nas came wit dope albums, but cause there was so much hype, to be better or equal to their 1st album, these 2 albums got called ' wack'. I belive that an artists 1st album has to be his best. They have got all this shit 2 tell since they born from all their childhood, they all filled with heat, skill and anger, so naturaly their albums are gonna be dope!!!! Thats why i call IWW underated. I mean how can u call a CD with 'the message'& 'i gave you power' wack?????? I gave you power is one of the best lyrical songs ever. You tell any rapper to rap a whole song about how they are a gun????? That song is CLASSIC. I dont care call me a bitch 4 calling it classic, but i consider its classic. Back to IWW, overall dope CD. This CD shows Nas' storytelling at its best! So, i belive that is why Nas called the CD 'It was Written'. Anyone think thast why he called it that? Anyway i bleive that IWW is a near classic. I also belive that Stillmatic is a near CLASSIC. 'I am' is a evry good CD, with an absulte CLASSIC Nas sonag called: 'Nas is Like'. Nastradmaus is crap. Nas caught is the bling bling hook, that traps alot of rappers these days.
Anyway i might finishe this off in the morning, i dunno how i started this out of the J-LO and Nas song thread!
But anyway, one love.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2002, 02:08:32 PM »
DJ_Jay_Deee: I find that IWW is underrated too, especially at the time of it's release with the critics. I personally think it's almost a classic, songs like "The Message", "Street Dreams, "If I Ruled The World", and as you've said "I Gave You Power" are classic songs, all of them, and there's more. "I Gave You Power" though, wow, that song is amazing, his use of metaphors, the whole gun things is superb. I remember the first time I heard it, blew me away. Ok, IWW wasn't on the same level as "Illmatic" but hell, not many hip-hop LP's are!

KVB

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2002, 08:01:44 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023389824;start=0#10 date=06/09/02 at 19:08:32]DJ_Jay_Deee: I find that IWW is underrated too, especially at the time of it's release with the critics. I personally think it's almost a classic, songs like "The Message", "Street Dreams, "If I Ruled The World", and as you've said "I Gave You Power" are classic songs, all of them, and there's more. "I Gave You Power" though, wow, that song is amazing, his use of metaphors, the whole gun things is superb. I remember the first time I heard it, blew me away. Ok, IWW wasn't on the same level as "Illmatic" but hell, not many hip-hop LP's are!

"It Was Written" was a great LP... I can't see why people can label it "classic" though... just a bit too many fillers, IMO. Stand-out tracks for me include:

"The Message" - awesome lyricism by Nas here. Great song.

"I Gave You Power" - the whole song is a methaphor, Nas compares himself to a gun. It really showcases his lyrical skills, outstanding track.

"If I Ruled The World" - this was the big radio single... I know this, it actually got huge airplay here in Norway, believe it or not. My favorite.

Unnecessary tracks: "The Set Up", "Live Nigga Rap", "Affirmative Action" etc... there are just too many of them. Therefore the album's status won't escalate from "great", in my eyes.

Pz

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2002, 01:29:27 AM »

"It Was Written" was a great LP... I can't see why people can label it "classic" though...

Naw, me neither, it ain't classic but imo it's almost there. It's better than alot of good and memorable albums i've heard in my time, beat-wise and lyric wise though. I'd say the not so good, or fillers if thats what you wanna call them include, "The Set Up", "Live Nigga Rap" & "Shootouts", they are the only tracks that bring it down imo, every other track I either love or like alot.  

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2002, 05:50:34 AM »
it was written is a tight ass lp but it aint a classic it doesnt stand up ther with chronic, doggystyl, regulate, and all eyez on me. illmatic is a stright classic!! my faves. tracks from it was written is: black girl lost(amazing!!), street dreams,if i ruled the world,take it in the blood.
westside!!!!

S.G.V.

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2002, 03:59:03 PM »
see i told u guys nas is a bling rapper...i love being right