Author Topic: Yung Bruh Interview! ("Gangsta"/The Game/Glasses Malone/Kam/Much More!)  (Read 225 times)

Lunatic

Just three months after Yung Bruh last spoke to Raptalk, he is back right here with yet another interview. A lot has happened for Yung Bruh since then. He recently released his new single "Gangsta" alongside The Game and J.Holiday and is currently enjoying the most success of his career.

We also speak on the progress of his many upcoming projects which include "West Nile Vol.2" and his duo alongside brother Kam as well as the trio of himself, Kam and Glasses Malone.

Read on to learn about how all these projects have progressed plus much more!

Q: Yung Bruh is back on raptalk with another exclusive interview just three months after our last one; what’s going on Bruh?

Yes sir! Watts up! I’m good man; just pushing this new record, you know?

Q: Congratulations on releasing that new record “Gangsta” alongside The Game and J.Holiday which is the first single off of your upcoming mixtape, “West Nile Vol.2.”

Yes sir! I appreciate it; it’s looking good – I can’t complain. I leaked it to you first, exclusive as always - I have to keep it real with my dude.

Since then, the response has been crazy – people are blowing my myspace and my phone up. It’s all over the internet; it’s a good look.

Q: Congratulations on all the early success you’re receiving with it.

I need it; it’s well deserved. Not to toot my own horn or anything but I’ve been on my grind forever; I’ve been doing this my whole life – hard work pays off eventually.

Q: Tell us about how you hooked up with The Game and J.Holiday for that record?

A lot of people don’t really know, but me and The Game have been knowing each other since I was thirteen years old; he’s about two years older than me. We were both on the same Pop Warner football team in Compton. He was doing his thing, playing ball and football; well me, I was straight football. We both rapped.

Long story short, we met back up in College. I was playing football but we were both still rapping. We ended up being in a group together spearheaded by my brother (Kam). I got a scholarship to the University of Oregon for football and he was doing his thing. When I went up here, he really got on his independent grind. That is when he eventually got up with G-Unit and Dr. Dre; I and Game have always been close.

As for J.Holiday, I just reached out. I have some folks down in Atlanta that know him; I just shot him the track and he got on it.

Q: Which did you prefer while at Oregon; rapping or football?

It’s both; I was playing football out there anyway. I love doing my thing; I still have football dreams going through my brain; that may be the concussions (laughs) because I dream about football nearly every damn night because I was pretty good.

I had to put it to the side because my mom got sick; I gave up my scholarship for her. Seven months after I got home, she passed. I don’t miss it and then I do; if I would have stayed playing, I would have missed time out with my mom.

I love both of them, football was my first love though – I was pushing that heavy. Everybody that knows me knew that I was Kam’s brother but I could play ball. I was pretty much on my way to the league.

While I was at Oregon, I was doing my rap thing anyway. I had a lot of friends from LA that were on the team with me. I was hitting up the radio stations every chance I got, every Friday and I would hit them up with new tracks and freestyles; sneaking behind the coaches back to do it too, I wasn’t suppose to, but I was doing it (laughs).

Q: That was a nice deed of you to leave football alone to go spend time with your mother.

Had to do it. At the end of the day, you only have one mom. She is still with me although she isn’t here physically. I see her every day like Kanye (West). I see her in my dream, that’s real talk.  Family always comes first and at the end of the day it all comes down to life and what you do with it; I am happy with the decision I made.

Besides, I am grinding. I am very talented and everything I put my mind to, I do it.

Q: What position did you play at Oregon?

I was a Line Backer; I bust heads (laughs).

Q: (Laughs) you were a big boy over there then.

I’m 6’3 and I was a good 235 pounds, all muscle. I ran a 4.340, I was the business homie (laughs).

Q: I bet, I can tell (laughs).

I wasn’t on my way to the league by no fluke (laughs). My name was all the way in there for that to, real talk.

Q: Back to the single for now, what’s the motivation behind the “Gangsta” record?

It’s funny how that topped up. Me and Game jumped on it so fast because our chemistry is so solid and it’s old since we’re so used to each other; it was nothing. He jumped on it first and I came behind it.

We didn’t have a hook for it at the time. I shot it to J.Holiday because I wanted him on it. I didn’t want to restrict his creative ability so I didn’t have the hook on it when I sent it to him; I don’t sing but I knew what kind of hook I wanted on it; that’s J.Holiday, so I had to let him do what he do. He came back and laced it with the “Gangsta” joint so it was perfect.

Q: What made you decide to roll with “Gangsta” as the single over every other record on the tape?

It felt better, it felt like right now. It kind of has a south vibe to it and that’s where everything is at right now; it’s starting to go back into the 80s so it’s right in the middle. The track was hitting so hard, it just felt right – I felt like it had to come out right now.

I still have a few bullets in the clip and chamber, this one right here had to come out though right now; the timing was right.

Q: There are a lot of talented singers out right now. What about J.Holiday made you want to get him on the hook?

He came with that smash “Bed” record. His voice is killer. We never heard him on a gangster or street record obviously, that’s J. Holiday and he’s R&B. I felt like his voice went right with the track, I heard it in my head.

I had to get him on the hook and I looked up to find out he was down with family of mine out in Atlanta. I just had to reach out and go for it; it worked out. Soon as I heard the track I knew I had to get him on there; you got the “Bed” record and he was on the “I Won’t Tell” record with Fat Joe. I saw his pen, he’s very versatile – he can adjust. I didn’t think it’d be too much of a stretch.

Q: He did a good job on it.

It all came together like the super friends (laughs). I’m not too known yet but I can hold my own, I definitely got a pen. It worked out.

Q: You’re really coming big with this first single for a mixtape. Are you worried that dropping this single will drastically raise expectations for when you drop the first single for your official album?

Not at all. If it does, that’s even better because I am accustomed to pressure; that’s when I’m at my best. It took this type of song to get me own and I’ve been grinding for a minute – I’ve been on songs with The Game and my brother (Kam) before since a young buck. I’ve been in front of (Ice) Cube and all these cats.

I was exposed to this at an early age so I’ve had a lot of time to soak up everything up all the way; things such as how to get joints done, how to collab and how to move; I’ve soaked that up all the way. It’s not really pressure; it’s more with going through with the motion - All this stuff is mapped out, I’ve seen it all in my head. I’m just doing my job.

It’s like playing football. You study the game for a long time and then you go out there and you execute. It’s really not the pressure; sure there’s going to be some pressure here and there but that comes with the territory.

Q: How deep are you into West Nile Vol.2?

About four songs deep because I have three other projects I’m working on simultaneously; trying to get everything moving at the same time; it’s like juggling (laughs); Trying to get all of this stuff off the ground at the same time.

As I told you before, I have the “W-2 Boyz” project I’m working on with my brother Kam.

Then we got the “Watts Riot” project with me, Kam and Glasses Malone which is going to be called “Hip-Hop Revenge.”

I got these singles that I’m about to start working on; trying to get my hands on a little bit of everything at the same time. Hopefully it all works out.

For West Nile 2, I have about three or four tracks I’m happy with; I’m constantly recording. I want it to be leaps and bounds better than West Nile 1. West Nile 1 was great for me, great experience and I learned a lot. It was my first mixtape and the first time I did songs by myself; everything previous to it had been songs with my brother (Kam) or somebody else.

I learned form that and here we go; I want it to be ten times better than the first one. I am happy with this first single and will see with the rest of them; I’m working hard though.

Q: You just brought up two of my questions. How are the “W-2 Boyz” and “Watts Riot” projects coming along since we last spoke to you?

Great; the energy is high – everybody is excited about it as far as Glasses (Malone) and Kam. Kam just got back from the West Fest so we had to put it on hold for a little bit. We did some joints before he left and now that he got back that were cool. We’re having fun with it; that’s the key - it’s not the serious stuff my brother is known for or that I’m sort of known for. There are some records that are unexpected but at the same time, we have some hardcore stuff; funny punch lines and cool concepts that I and my brother know each other for; it’s time for the rest of the world to know us for that.

Q: You allowed us to leak the first single off the “Watts Riot” project; that was a hot record.

Yes sir! With the “Watts Riot” project, expect songs like “House Niggaz.” It’s stuff that is going to shake up the streets; it’s in attack mode and it’s potent. It’s attacking everything we feel is wrong in this music and in these streets; that go down to how people run in this music business, how the police treats us in these streets and the government; we attack all that stuff. It’s going to shake stuff up like that “House Niggaz” joint. Expect stuff like that; at the least, that’s minimum of what you’re going to get (laughs). Everything else is going to be more potent and more serious; at the same time it’s going to be dope – new concepts that nobody ever heard before. We’re going to war with it.

Q: It sounds like you guys are coming from the right angle. There are a lot of problems within the music industry, the streets, the government – all that.

Yea man; we basically are going to be… (Laughs) we like hip hop news, we like you, we like rap talk! (Laughs).

(Laughs)
We talk about what’s going on with the rap. You can only do so much; no disrespect to any other people’s songs, but you can only go away from reality for so long. It’s time to talk about real issues and the problems that really started rap. We had a political and conscious thing going on; that’s how rap jumped off. It’s time to start tackling those issues again that everyone forgot about.

Q: There ain’t enough of it right now.

Exactly; it’s that time. Everything is coming back full circle. It started out with that and it’s getting so blatantly obvious that it can’t be ignored; somebody is going to have to talk about it.

You can’t pop in a party record when your cousin just got laid down for no reason; got 15 shots from a police officer for no reason. I don’t believe there’s any music out right now that can console a young mind when something like that goes down; like when a family member gets life or whatever. It’s that time. I’m not saying we need to get away from the party music because that’s beautiful, we need that in our life but we need a balance.

I believe what we’re about to do will satisfy that. It is what my brother’s known for and Glasses (Malone) has it in him. This is also what you’ll know me for alongside a number of other things, that’s not it. We’re coming out with our guns loaded, ready to shoot.

Q: I feel what you’re saying; nothing is wrong with the party music, but there’s no balance right now.

Right, Right! There’s no balance. That’s music is, we need balance. Everybody is not on a party tip all the time; just like everybody isn’t on a gangsta tip all the time. We need that balance in hip-hop or rap; it has to be – or otherwise we are going to take a nosedive.

I believe that is why people are saying hip-hop is dead; there’s only one side, its lob-sided; we have to balance it out.

Q: Which of the three projects you’re currently working on do you think will drop first?

It’s hard to say at this point. What I can say is that each of those projects as I told you in our first interview; we’re not going to let anything out prematurely. Whatever we feel the time is right for whatever project and it’s ready to go, it’ll come out. We’re doing joints like crazy, don’t get it twisted; but we’re not rushing releasing the project. We are going to make sure we’re making the right joints for each project.

With the “W-2 Boyz”, “Watts Riot” and “West Nile 2” each one of those has it’s own recipe and it’s going to take a certain amount of time and energy so we will not rush any of those projects.

When it’s ready and fits the theme; we’re cutting songs like crazy. Whatever fits the theme the best, it will be the first project to drop. It’s too early to figure out which it will be out first right now. We’re cutting like crazy, but it’s not where we want to be with it yet.

Q: You have to make sure the music comes out good.

It’s like the home cooking thing I told you last time (laughs). People laugh at me all the time when I say it, but it’s true. It’s like a bag of Doritos; it taste good going down but it will eventually get you sick (laughs). You’re going to get bronchitis or something, something is going to fall off and it’s going to be horrible (laughs).

You want that home cooking; it takes long as hell though. It’s hot in the kitchen, people are sweating. You might even find a hair if people aren’t wearing they’re hair net (laughs) but when it comes out, it comes out right and everybody is going to want a piece.

That’s just basically what’s going on with this first record that dropped. It took me forever to put out. I came out of left field but people know that I’ve been around. Ask anybody, these new west dudes, I’ve been around – it just took a while because it’s been some home cooking.

I’m not saying the rest is Doritos chops, because that’s not true. With my project, it took a minute but when it came out, everybody knew.

With the W-2 project and Watts Riot, it’s the same formula. We’re not rushing but when it’s out, everybody is going to know it was right. We don’t want to half-ass anything; I never went to half-ass anything.

Q: We don’t want that from you.

It’s quality over quantity at this point.

Q: Not trying to rush you, but as estimation, do you think that any of those three projects will drop before the end of this year?

Definitely, that isn’t a problem. Unless we’re at the round table and something else happens. But definitely, definitely should be out.

Q: Last time we spoke to you, you mentioned having some label offers rolling in; are they still rolling in?

Not yet; I still have those same offers on the table but that paperwork is kind of funny. “Gangsta” god willing is about to hit the radio around next week. Everybody that heard it, the DJs, they all love it. It’s just a matter of time until they start pushing it on the airwaves and let the masses hear it; will see were it goes from there. Will see what labels want a piece, will see how it works out.

Q: “Gangsta” is a big record, it should work out, and we wish you the best of luck.

I appreciate it! Will see how it works out. That’s the plan, will see what happens.

Q: (Laughs) and then will have to do another interview talking about how you got that label deal.

You’re going to be the first one! You’re always going to get the exclusives.

Q: We know it won’t be the last interview on raptalk with Yung Bruh.

Not at all, this is just the beginning my brother.

Q: Soon as the next project comes out, we’re doing another one (laughs).

Yes sir! Or whatever else comes out. You’re always going to get the scoop on me. You’re always going to have the exclusives, you don’t have to worry about me, I’ll be knocking on your door like “I got this” (laughs).

Q: I appreciate it.

Likewise my brother, y’all going to get tired of me in a minute, that’s what I want.

Q: I won’t get tired of you, it’s nice to have an artist knocking on my door for a change instead of me knocking on there’s (laughs).

For real, you don’t have to worry about chasing me; I’ll be at your doorstep.

Q: (Laughs) I appreciate it.

Alright my brother.

Q: You mentioned putting the “W-2 Boyz” on hold while Kam was on West Fest; did you not join in on any of the dates?

I was there for the first date as it was in Cali. I wanted to join in on the rest of the dates, but I had to get this record ready. Snoop and the rest of them are already established as is my brother. I would have loved to get it cracking, but I had to get this record ready. That’s what that was. They are already established, it’s time for Yung Bruh to get his; had to stand on my own two for a bit.

Q: At least you were at the first show.

Yeah that was cool and they rocked it too. It was great to see everybody on the west there and not just LA; Mistah FAB is my dude, when he got off I was like damn; the bay to LA.

Hopefully it will just get bigger and better; not just Cali artists. We have Arizona, Vegas, Seattle, that’s all west and then eventually go to the mid-west.

That West Fest was off the chain. Warzone, Dogg Pound, Snoop topped it off at the end, went crazy. He had Warren G up there; it was off the chain - Westurn Union, my folk Damani, Bad Lucc and Soopafly, everybody did their thang and you can see it.

That’s what the west needs; we need to start messing with each other – that’s the only way we’re going to get back on track. It can’t just be The Game and Snoop Dogg; the rest of us need to start pulling our weight.

Q: The West Fest tour is a good start; it’s a beautiful tour of unity for the west coast.

It was beautiful and everybody that was there loved it, the crowd went bananas. I seen it with my own eyes; if I didn’t see it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t have believed it. That venue was packed to capacity – people were hanging off the rafters, somebody damn near died from hanging off the rafters (laughs).

Q: It’s a beautiful first step; but we need to take that second and third step as well.

Exactly, exactly. But, you have to start somewhere and this was a positive step forward. Hopefully, we can keep this theme going and the ball rolling; that is the key. As long as we keep pushing and we are all doing something and have something popping where we’re messing with each other; it’s all love and nobody is tripping off of nothing, no issues. Everybody is just rocking out; will win every time.

Q: the west will win if they want to; put it that way.

It all comes down to grind and hustle. If we find a way to make it work, it will work. When the west is on, we’re on; ain’t anybody stopping us. What I saw was a great first step to getting back to how we used to be; the Death Row days, Ice Cube days and when everything was popping and everybody was checking for us.

Q: It’ll work because the talent is there.

The west never ever had a problem with a lack of talent in my opinion. It’s always been about a lack of avenues; we couldn’t get to the right avenue, we couldn’t get to the right person or connect to get that exposure that we deserve. On top of that, we stopped messing with each other and linking together. This is right on time in my opinion.

Q: Exactly. Well we appreciate you’re time once again Yung Bruh; this won’t be the last time we do this as we both said. Do you have any last words for the fans for now?

Be on the lookout for your man Yung Bruh, I’m coming! I promise I’m not stopping and y’all are going to get tired of me but that is a good thing. All that stuff won’t be weak.

Be on the lookout for the W-2 project, the Watts Riot project and ofcourse my solo project West Nile Vol.2 which will be leaps and bounds better than West Nile Vol.1.

Check out my myspace, I’m lonely; it ain’t anything but me and time on that bitch (laughs)

Q: Laughs

And you! (Laughs) you know what I mean, I need some more friends (laughs) www.myspace.com/yungbruh

One more thing: I can’t forget you, shouts out to you my brother. I know you had your graduation theee other day, happy graduation to you! I hope nobody spiked your punch (laughs) none of that American Pie shit going on (laughs)

Welcome to the big leagues.

Q: I appreciate it a whole lot Yung Bruh.

Yes sir!

http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/609/54/

8) 8) 8)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 05:01:29 PM by Adon »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

D~Nice

Props for this Luna. Yung Bruh is doing his thing. West Nile was fiyah.

Raptalk at it again! Props!

Lunatic

D: props. he sure is.
B&W: you know how we do ;)

No Teflon

Game is the most gangsta dude ever, i bet if he was on football team, he'd be able to fight the whole team with 1 arm.

I heard that Game had to fight 70 Crips in the hood and he kicked their asses man.

Blood$

checkin' it out now, propz

7Complex0Mind7

• Lil Geezy
  • Weed & Syrup Til' I Die
Game is the most gangsta dude ever, i bet if he was on football team, he'd be able to fight the whole team with 1 arm.

I heard that Game had to fight 70 Crips in the hood and he kicked their asses man.
Oh shit
LMAO
 ;D ::) ;D ::)
They be talkin' too loud? Naw yu be listenin' too hard. Jus pay these niggas no attention nd keep fuckin' they broad.

Lunatic

^LOL

Shango

props dope interviw, I hope all his projects are will see the daylight...

Lunatic

props dope interviw, I hope all his projects are will see the daylight...
thanks and i'm sure they will