Author Topic: The making of All Eyez on Me [Interviews]  (Read 3055 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: The making of All Eyez on Me [Interviews]
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2008, 07:08:51 AM »
Dr. Dre was taking credit and wasn't doing nothing, wasn't coming around.

Daz keeps talking shit but what has he done after Dogg Food? Nothing...besides Snoop and others say that Warren G/Dr. Dre were in the studio with him.

I think this is one of the reasons Dre will never work with Daz again, and why Kurupt was on 2001 but Daz wasn't, etc - because Dre generally doesn't fuck with people who talk shit about him

yeah, where's Mel-Man  :P

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2008, 10:51:20 AM »
Dr. Dre was taking credit and wasn't doing nothing, wasn't coming around.

Daz keeps talking shit but what has he done after Dogg Food? Nothing...besides Snoop and others say that Warren G/Dr. Dre were in the studio with him.

I think this is one of the reasons Dre will never work with Daz again, and why Kurupt was on 2001 but Daz wasn't, etc - because Dre generally doesn't fuck with people who talk shit about him
Thats Why Daz Wanted To Kill Himself  :loco:  Cause He Wasnt On 2001, But Kurupt & Nate Dogg Intervened.
I Think He Wanted To Jump Off A Building.  ???

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2008, 11:12:38 AM »
Wow! Big Props for this!

Makes me wanna bump this shit!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 11:15:45 AM by K.Dub »

kemizt

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2008, 02:52:19 PM »
Look at this. One of rap's greatest albums ever was done in a couple of weeks. So was Makaveli's album... LOL at punk ass Dre working 10 years on one fuckin' album... Most classic albums were done in a short period of time, and so was the Chronic by the way... Let's face it, Dre is scared as shit to drop a wack album, since he knows he's lost quite a few steps over the years. All this "perfectionist" shit is bullshit. He's scared to fail and he's too lazy to work on that album, that's that.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 02:54:40 PM by Philip1123 »

BANGADOSHISH!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2008, 03:08:21 PM »
propz interestin stuff

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »
Look at this. One of rap's greatest albums ever was done in a couple of weeks.

California Love took ages to make and was a Dre track and the big single that made the album big... ask most people what tracks 2Pac made and most would only be able to name California Love and it wasn't even a 2Pac track to begin with! A lot of the stuff sounded rushed on that album and it would have been if they'd taken longer and if they'd trimmed all the filler tracks

All Eyez On Me isn't 100% considered classic with a lot of HipHop heads, his true classic is Me Against The World

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2008, 11:51:32 PM »

California Love took ages to make and was a Dre track and the big single that made the album big... ask most people what tracks 2Pac made and most would only be able to name California Love and it wasn't even a 2Pac track to begin with! A lot of the stuff sounded rushed on that album and it would have been if they'd taken longer and if they'd trimmed all the filler tracks

All Eyez On Me isn't 100% considered classic with a lot of HipHop heads, his true classic is Me Against The World

just wondering, where did you get that from?

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2008, 05:21:01 PM »

I forget where exactly (lol), but I got it from 2Pac criticizing Dre for taking like 3 years to make one beat, when he was referring to California Love...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:26 AM »

I forget where exactly (lol), but I got it from 2Pac criticizing Dre for taking like 3 years to make one beat, when he was referring to California Love...

2pac is a very credible source indeed  ;)

Soulful

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2008, 04:15:13 AM »
great great read!

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2008, 04:37:30 AM »
pac was that nigga

Kilo4

« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »
great read

G-Funk

« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 04:20:15 PM »
Thats Why Daz Wanted To Kill Himself  :loco:  Cause He Wasnt On 2001, But Kurupt & Nate Dogg Intervened.
I Think He Wanted To Jump Off A Building.  ???

I know he wasn't featured on 2001 at all, but f'real..
Is that why? Where'd you get that information from?

Jaydc555

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:06 PM »
Yeah I've read this a few times.someone should post up the making of the makavelli album xxl did as well that one was dope.I remember one part where hurt em badd said nobody on deathrow wanted to work with him and that and they called his studio the wack room and then when the album dropped everybody was all over his nuts for a beat.one other part is he said the first time they played hail mary and the release party PAC just threw his hands the air like he knew this was the track ha ha.               That part about suge with snoop and PAC made me laugh as well.I loved his idea that whoever album was being worked on that was who got all the material.that's the reason death row had so many classics.say what you want about him but suge is a brilliant business man he just got caught being too gangsta and ran himself into a blackball.

2euce 7even

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 07:26:33 PM »
historical moments in rap. 8)