Author Topic: Ether vs destroy an rebuild  (Read 523 times)

HBKid_Jr

Ether vs destroy an rebuild
« on: June 06, 2002, 04:42:52 PM »
am i tha only 1 that thinks destroy an rebuild is a better diss an song than ether
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

That_Cracka_J

Re: Ether vs destroy an rebuild
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2002, 04:44:03 PM »
Both good songs, but Ehter kills Destroy & rebuild

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2002, 07:43:36 PM »
It Doesn't KILL it.. but it probably is tha better song. Mainly because "Take Over" was original and came from Jay Z. Destroy & Rebuild was a remake... turned into a diss. Seemed simpler. I personally like Destroy & Rebuild more but I wouldn't call it better.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2002, 12:56:25 AM »
I think "Ether" is a better diss, but "Destroy & Rebuild" is a better song imo, I can listen to it regardless of it being a diss ya know, like "Ether" is a classic diss, it's gonna go down in hip-hop history for sure, but as a song it's old now, the novelty has faded. I think D&R could of been a better diss towards Cormega though.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Jome

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2002, 01:58:52 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023417772;start=0#3 date=06/07/02 at 05:56:25]I think "Ether" is a better diss, but "Destroy & Rebuild" is a better song imo, I can listen to it regardless of it being a diss ya know,

Agree
"Ether worked better as a diss, but as a song "Destroy & Rebuild" was doper. Also I think "Ether" was just above average for a diss-song.
"Destroy & Rebuild" was not the best diss, but it's a nice song.

KVB

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2002, 03:51:39 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023417772;start=0#3 date=06/07/02 at 05:56:25]"Ether" is a classic diss, it's gonna go down in hip-hop history for sure, but as a song it's old now, the novelty has faded. I think D&R could of been a better diss towards Cormega though.

"Takeover" was better than "Ether", for sure... how immature is it to call Jigga and The ROC "Gay-Z" and "Cockafella"? That was a pathetic diss from a poor rapper who was obviously short of ideas when writing his lyrics.

"Destroy & Rebuild" was also better than "Ether", frankly I can't see what so good about that song.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2002, 09:44:13 AM »
well...aside of "ether" being a real nice diss track, it wasn"t very suffisticated(in exception of dat "I...will ...not...loose" on the chorus..lol) nor very original concept-wise but a real nice diss,
"destroy and rebuild" wasn"t as well executed, but it shown a much more realistic and acsessable aproach to the beef, it wasn"t that same "spray venom just for the sake of spraying"
but it shown basiclly a relationship picture between the beefen sides-therefore, it was more cinematic and seemed much more easy to understand for the listener, also din"t seem as childish or as petty as "ether".
my pick is "destroy..."
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

KVB

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2002, 09:52:35 AM »
well...aside of "ether" being a real nice diss track, it wasn"t very suffisticated(in exception of dat "I...will ...not...loose" on the chorus..lol) nor very original concept-wise but a real nice diss,
"destroy and rebuild" wasn"t as well executed, but it shown a much more realistic and acsessable aproach to the beef, it wasn"t that same "spray venom just for the sake of spraying"
but it shown basiclly a relationship picture between the beefen sides-therefore, it was more cinematic and seemed much more easy to understand for the listener, also din"t seem as childish or as petty as "ether".
my pick is "destroy..."

Word.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2002, 02:25:16 PM »
Biggie and Jaz-O is what killed Jigga. And the dissing women, and what not. All that was jaw dropping 'cause it's true. Ether was an endless diss, that had what I call diss feelers or shit that ain't true. Like most battle, with 'Pac and Hit 'Em Up, or Dre and Dre Day, or Eazy and Real Muthaphukkin' G'z, or Jigga and Super Ugly, (break beer bottles on your boys chip tooth). But that's suppose to be an EmCees wit and creativity, which is part of a hip-hop battle. Man, study hip-hop and battling. Not all facts, more wit.

Destroye and Rebuild was a great song, I like listening to more than Ether, but the disses weren't as great. More like a warning, or something. But not a direct diss. It was a tight song though. Overall, I wouldn't mind Destroye and Rebuild aimed at me, 'cause it didn't do much, but I would, and have, bump it in my car. Peace.

Doggystylin

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2002, 09:52:27 PM »
Nas fuckin murdered Jay Z, shit was a bloodbath, ether is the better diss song, better than takeover and destroy....

KVB

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2002, 09:58:08 PM »
Biggie and Jaz-O is what killed Jigga. And the dissing women, and what not. All that was jaw dropping 'cause it's true. Ether was an endless diss, that had what I call diss feelers or shit that ain't true. Like most battle, with 'Pac and Hit 'Em Up, or Dre and Dre Day, or Eazy and Real Muthaphukkin' G'z, or Jigga and Super Ugly, (break beer bottles on your boys chip tooth). But that's suppose to be an EmCees wit and creativity, which is part of a hip-hop battle. Man, study hip-hop and battling. Not all facts, more wit.

Destroye and Rebuild was a great song, I like listening to more than Ether, but the disses weren't as great. More like a warning, or something. But not a direct diss. It was a tight song though. Overall, I wouldn't mind Destroye and Rebuild aimed at me, 'cause it didn't do much, but I would, and have, bump it in my car. Peace.

I disagree... fuck it, I'ma dissect both songs for y'all (Ether, Takeover), and come up with a winner.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2002, 11:49:30 PM »
Aww c'mon guys, "Ether" killed "Takeover", he took out Jay with that one, you can't deny it, once "Ether" broke out everyone was ready to crown Nas, thats how dope it was. The fact that he backed it up with a great album "Stillmatic" also helped with the crowning but no-one can deny the impact "Ether" had. Like M Dogg said, Jaz-O was the key element in that diss, hardly anyone knew who the fuck he was or what impact he had on Jay's career before Nas clearly exposed it, that was a classic jab and a very original and thought through diss. Anyways, this argument is getting tired anyways, we could go round in circles all day 'cos at the end of the day it's all about your personal preference....

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Jome

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2002, 03:55:26 AM »
Nas fuckin murdered Jay Z, shit was a bloodbath, ether is the better diss song, better than takeover and destroy....

LoL  :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D  ::) ::)  :) :) :) :D :D

KVB

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2002, 04:33:14 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023417772;start=0#11 date=06/08/02 at 04:49:30]Aww c'mon guys, "Ether" killed "Takeover", he took out Jay with that one, you can't deny it, once "Ether" broke out everyone was ready to crown Nas, thats how dope it was. The fact that he backed it up with a great album "Stillmatic" also helped with the crowning but no-one can deny the impact "Ether" had. Like M Dogg said, Jaz-O was the key element in that diss, hardly anyone knew who the fuck he was or what impact he had on Jay's career before Nas clearly exposed it, that was a classic jab and a very original and thought through diss. Anyways, this argument is getting tired anyways, we could go round in circles all day 'cos at the end of the day it's all about your personal preference....

Nas sleepwalked through the song... LOL, his flow was weak, you gotta admit that 704D. I can mention a whole lot of hard-hitting punchlines in "Takeover", whilst the ones in "Ether" were few and far between. Jay-Z was spitting the truth too, which cannot be said about Nas. He was making up fictionary stories.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2002, 06:57:17 AM »

Nas sleepwalked through the song... LOL, his flow was weak, you gotta admit that 704D. I can mention a whole lot of hard-hitting punchlines in "Takeover", whilst the ones in "Ether" were few and far between. Jay-Z was spitting the truth too, which cannot be said about Nas. He was making up fictionary stories.

Where we listening to the same song, Nas has a very internse and focused flow. Nas was gunning for a knock out. And as I said before, hip-hop battles are judged on wit, and other shit, not just fact. And call himself better than Biggie, but saying his lyrics ain't truth, then what was Blueprint. And Jaz-O, him only seeming to diss women like Girls, Girls, Girls. Most girls I knew used to be big Jay-Z fans until that song. Throw in some good old story-telling, and you got yourself a winner. Super Ugly fell off hard, and Nas won. Compare Ether to other great diss songs, like Callin' Out Names, 2nd Round K.O., Return of the Ripper, and Real Muthaphukkin G'z. Listen to them great diss songs, and realize real hip-hop diss songs. I'll admit Takeover was a great track, and I didn't think Nas would comeback, but in the end Ether cameback, and it wasn't Takeover that Jigga lost, but Super Ugly.