Author Topic: Ether vs destroy an rebuild  (Read 522 times)

Doggystylin

Re: Ether vs destroy an rebuild
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2002, 09:51:15 AM »

LoL  :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D  ::) ::)  :) :) :) :D :D

whats your point?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Jome

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2002, 10:11:18 AM »

whats your point?

The bloodbad shit.
It was as close as a diss battle can get.
On Hot97 the caller score was Nas 52% and Jigga 48%
You dont get much closer than that, and that was the PUBLIC's voting.
Talkin about "murdered" hahaha.
If you axe me, maybe the diss was those 2% tighter, but as a song, Takeover was DEFINATELY better.
Chorus, beat, tha whole package. (If you look behind the lyrics)
And if Jay Z used the WHOLE song to diss him, I dont think the score would have been the same.
And myself, I look objectively at it, I got both Blueprint & Stillmatic.
The "murdered" thing usually gets expressed when someone hates either one of those 2.

Doggystylin

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2002, 10:15:59 AM »

The bloodbad shit.
If you axe me, maybe the diss was those 2% tighter, but as a song, Takeover was DEFINATELY better.
And if Jay Z used the WHOLE song to diss him, I dont think the score would have been the same.
The "murdered" thing usually gets expressed when someone hates either one of those 2.

ok thats better than those damn smilies

bLaDe

• The Paradoxical Third Eye
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ..: Monolith :..
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2002, 12:54:38 PM »
I think Ether is a better diss track, but Destroy and Rebuild is a better overall track, its better to bump to....

-{bLaDe}
Waving My Double Edged Sword, God Sharpened My Blade...
Its Just Me Against The World, And The Evil That He Made...

KVB

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2002, 04:39:01 AM »

The bloodbad shit.

Word, the two tracks can't be compared, that is the bottom line. Jay-Z murdered Prodigy & Nas on the same track. "Takeover" wasn't solely dedicated to Nas, whereas "Ether" was an all-out assault on Jay-Z. But fuck it, I ain't gonna dicuss this no more. To each his own...

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2002, 02:18:18 PM »

"Takeover" was better than "Ether", for sure... how immature is it to call Jigga and The ROC "Gay-Z" and "Cockafella"? That was a pathetic diss from a poor rapper who was obviously short of ideas when writing his lyrics.

"Destroy & Rebuild" was also better than "Ether", frankly I can't see what so good about that song.

I don't wanna turn this into a Nas Vs. Jigga thread even more, but to call Nas a 'poor rapper' is absurd man! Lol, c'mon now, thats just hateration talking. How can you refer to someone as a 'poor rapper' when they've created one of the greatest overall hip-hop albums ever? I would'nt refer to Jay as a 'poor rapper' just because i'm more of a fan of his 'rival', that's just being a hater. I don't think Jay's as good as some people would have you believe but he ain't no 'poor rapper'. C'mon now.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2002, 04:12:26 AM »
i personally(as more of a JIGGA fan ) never thought NAS was a poor rapper...i think he is inconsistent as fuck-YEA...i think he might be real lazy and heavily relying on past glorys he had, at times-also TRUE....but he gots loads of potensial(even when his writing skillz were crying for help he still sounded amazing flowise-dis is also one of the major reasons why he is so overrated)...he was sleepen for like 3 albums but now it seems like he"s making it back home...he can still do much better than STILLMATIC but it was still great...
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2002, 05:45:44 AM »
(even when his writing skillz were crying for help he still sounded amazing flowise-dis is also one of the major reasons why he is so overrated)...he was sleepen for like 3 albums

I don't see where you can see he was 'crying for help' with his writing skills. Take "Hate Me Now", one of his worst songs according to most but hell that one verse he rapped was pretty amazing (i'll post if up later). I don't think his writing skills were lacking, I just think he was rapping about the wrong things (money, jewelry, basically bling bling shit which gets seriously played out). & what 3 albums was he sleeping on? IWW? No, great album. "I Am"? Good album. "Nastradamus"? Wack album compared to what he can and has achieved, but ya know everyone has their day, in Jay-Z's case "Vol. 2..". I think he's back for good now, guess we'll have to hear another top notch album to judge his consistency now but i'm willing to give him that chance, especially after "Stillmatic".

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2002, 05:52:52 AM »
^^^ Dissect Nas' lyrics in the song "Nastradamus" and you'll probably understand why I GEEZY was saying that... lol

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2002, 06:01:44 AM »
^^^ Dissect Nas' lyrics in the song "Nastradamus" and you'll probably understand why I GEEZY was saying that... lol

Thats what I mean man, he was rapping about the wrong things, he got too caught up in that 'bling, bling' thing throughout that album. But I did like this one line from that song, "I let y'all niggas bang my shit before Saddam hits"  ;D

KVB

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2002, 06:07:53 AM »
I understand... while on the topic, which album did you think was better, Nas' "Nastradamus" or Jay-Z's "Vol. 2" ? ;D

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2002, 06:16:31 AM »
I understand... while on the topic, which album did you think was better, Nas' "Nastradamus" or Jay-Z's "Vol. 2" ? ;D

Good question...you should make a thread on this  ;D

KVB

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2002, 06:20:56 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023417772;start=20#26 date=06/11/02 at 11:16:31]

Good question...you should make a thread on this  ;D

Word, I'ma do that now...lol
8)

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2002, 09:10:17 PM »
am i tha only 1 that thinks destroy an rebuild is a better diss an song than ether

nah homie u ain't, for the first time EVER we agree on somethin, cuz i believe that destroy and rebuild is a much better overall song and diss. Nas uses good lyrics in that song but on ether he uses weak pathetic grade 2 rhymes, and that beat is wack as fuck and destroy and rebuild beat is hard az fuck.

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2002, 03:46:02 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1023417772;start=20#22 date=06/11/02 at 10:45:44]

I don't see where you can see he was 'crying for help' with his writing skills. Take "Hate Me Now", one of his worst songs according to most but hell that one verse he rapped was pretty amazing (i'll post if up later). I don't think his writing skills were lacking, I just think he was rapping about the wrong things (money, jewelry, basically bling bling shit which gets seriously played out). & what 3 albums was he sleeping on? IWW? No, great album. "I Am"? Good album. "Nastradamus"? Wack album compared to what he can and has achieved, but ya know everyone has their day, in Jay-Z's case "Vol. 2..". I think he's back for good now, guess we'll have to hear another top notch album to judge his consistency now but i'm willing to give him that chance, especially after "Stillmatic".

well you see...this is what my whole arguement stands ON...I never thought NAS"s lyrical skillz were crying for help cause he was rapping about paticular things, it"s his right to RAP about whatever topic he chooses, it"s very childish imo to dismiss a rapper cause of WHAT HE RAPs bout(the thing i demand from rappers as a listener is properlly delivering whichever story they choose)....lol..look what this typa aditude was doing to EM, for example..EM is hated  by ignorent people who think he should rap about things they want.......
i said NAS"s writing skills waz crying for help only cause they simply were, he had no structural focus in his lyrics, it seemed like he was spitten a coupla NICE "big word" poetry lines all put together but did not have a proper conection between them....for those 3 albums...:imo IWW was a very,very poor album...it was my very first BIG dissapointment in that same dude who 2 years before amazed me wit some of the most focused street poetry i ever heared, I AM- was a slight improvement from IWW, but still was pretty much the same garbage that forced me to through another NAS album to the garbage CAN(where it belonged btw), and NASTRADAMUS was just the last piece of crap i felt i could take from NASIR...
as i said STILLMATIC is a great improvement tho.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?