Author Topic: To those of you who've had your wisdom teeth pulled...  (Read 151 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

To those of you who've had your wisdom teeth pulled...
« on: July 15, 2008, 09:28:33 AM »
...were any of you still bleeding by the 5th day?

thisoneguy360

Re: To those of you who've had your wisdom teeth pulled...
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2008, 09:39:56 AM »
Nope, I swelled up pretty badly for a few days but no way was I bleeding after 5 days, that shit's rough...

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2008, 09:49:27 AM »
You been smoking?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2008, 09:54:33 AM »
I smoked after the 3rd day...it has nothing to do with that, though. I was informed I couldn't smoke the first three days, but I know many people who smoked on day 1. It's not that big a deal.

360, when did your bleeding stop? The form my doctor gave me says that I shouldn't be bleeding past the 1st day. :-X

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 09:56:06 AM »
I don't remember clearly, but I don't think I was.

kemizt

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »
I smoked after the 3rd day...it has nothing to do with that, though. I was informed I couldn't smoke the first three days, but I know many people who smoked on day 1. It's not that big a deal.

360, when did your bleeding stop? The form my doctor gave me says that I shouldn't be bleeding past the 1st day. :-X

damn g, i hope ur okay. Have u called the doctor back?

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 10:34:30 AM »
I'm thinking of going in today...I already had a follow-up appointment on Friday, though.

SEERLOVESKAIN

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 10:54:50 AM »
Bleeding and oozing is inevitable and should be expected to last up to three days (although by day three it should be less noticeable). Rinsing out one's mouth during this period is counter-productive, as the bleeding stops when the blood forms clots at the extraction sites, and rinsing out the mouth will most likely dislodge the clots. The end result will be a delay in healing time and a prolonged period of bleeding. However, after about 24 hours post-surgery, it is best to rinse with lukewarm saltwater to promote healing. This should be done every 2 hours until the swelling goes down and every 4-6 hours after that for at least a week. Gauze pads should be placed at the extraction sites, and then should be bitten down on with firm and even pressure. This will help to stop the bleeding, but should not be overdone as it is possible to irritate the extraction sites and prolong the bleeding or remove the clot. The bleeding should decrease gradually and noticeably upon changing the gauze. If the bleeding lasts for more than a day without decreasing despite having followed the surgeon's directions, the surgeon should be contacted as soon as possible. This is not supposed to happen under normal circumstances and signals that a serious problem is present. A wet tea bag can replace the gauze pads. Tannic acid contained in tea can help reduce the bleeding.

Due to the blood clots that form in the exposed sockets as well as the abundant bacterial flora in the mouth, an offensive smell may be noticeable a short time after surgery. The persistent odour often is accompanied by an equally rancid-tasting fluid seeping from the wounds. These symptoms will diminish over an indefinite amount of time, although one to two weeks is normal. While not a cause for great concern, a post-operative appointment with your surgeon seven to ten days after surgery is highly recommended to make sure that the healing process has no complications and that the wounds are relatively clean. If infection does enter the socket, a qualified dental professional can gently plunge a plastic syringe (without the hypodermic needle) full of a mixture of equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water or chlorohexidine gluconate which also comes in the form of a mouth wash into the sockets to remove any food or bacteria that may collect in the back of the mouth. This is less likely if the person has his wisdom teeth removed at an early age.

MY LAST WISDOM TOOTH ON MY LOWER JAW IS FROM HELL >:(

I'M READY TO TAKE IT OUT MYSELF.

smegma

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008, 11:30:56 AM »
Go see a doctor if it's still bleeding. It can't be good.

One of the holes of my lower wisdom teeth got infected. That's no fun. I can tell you that much.

On a sidenote: the day after I got two wisdom teeth pulled (when I didn't have an infection) I took a picture.

:banana_llama:

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 01:54:44 PM »
i'm thinking about getting mine pulled it's fucking up my middle cheek too much.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »

i got a homie who started smoking right after he left the dentist's office. he got this crazy infection and if you look in his mouth, he has this crater in his gums.

I'd have the doc look at it before any kind of infection gets out of hand.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE