Author Topic: Nas = GOAT??  (Read 7062 times)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Nas = GOAT??
« Reply #150 on: July 17, 2008, 09:45:07 PM »
lol dopewhiterapper...i tried arguing with this retard material b4. he just wont understand chams greatness over t.i. he clearly just never listened to the Mixtape Messiah series, which is one of the best mixtapes (budden & bishop put out that dope shit too). which has to be taken into account. SOR had a couple fillers, but had some bangers. which had the anthem of the year in "ridin" :P. but let this fool play himself. ::)
say what u want to material dog, but im comin with facts (no hate, we holdin intelligent discussion).

cham at this point is not a better artist than TI
if he keeps goin at the pace hes goin at, he can be
fuck a mixtape, TI got some CLASSIC tapes as well (listen in in da streets 1-3 and down with the king)
SOR had a few more fillers than I would have liked it to have

well at this point cham just dropped some "classic material" ;) :D. cham is still young as far as his rap career. if you look at 90% of rappers (great ones included), they never make an album better than there 1st. cham's 2nd album is much better than his 1st so thats something postive for him. i dont have much fear (if any) on him going straight up commercial, based on the content of his last album...i think if you look at it all time then t.i. has cham based on years hes got on em...but if right now, straight up, who is the better MC at this very moment....its cham baby. 8)
yeah he did fa sho. they never make albums better than there 1st, but that wasnt that hard for Chamill since his first wasnt all that great anyway. I am interested to see how the next album sounds - I bet you it'll be a bit more commercial fa sho after the second one flopped. The label (if he's still major) will not accept a flop again and will have an influence on the material.

i definatly cant wait til his next album...and thats a strong point, i didnt think of...shame an album like that flopped. :-\

Lunatic

« Reply #151 on: July 17, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
lol dopewhiterapper...i tried arguing with this retard material b4. he just wont understand chams greatness over t.i. he clearly just never listened to the Mixtape Messiah series, which is one of the best mixtapes (budden & bishop put out that dope shit too). which has to be taken into account. SOR had a couple fillers, but had some bangers. which had the anthem of the year in "ridin" :P. but let this fool play himself. ::)
say what u want to material dog, but im comin with facts (no hate, we holdin intelligent discussion).

cham at this point is not a better artist than TI
if he keeps goin at the pace hes goin at, he can be
fuck a mixtape, TI got some CLASSIC tapes as well (listen in in da streets 1-3 and down with the king)
SOR had a few more fillers than I would have liked it to have

well at this point cham just dropped some "classic material" ;) :D. cham is still young as far as his rap career. if you look at 90% of rappers (great ones included), they never make an album better than there 1st. cham's 2nd album is much better than his 1st so thats something postive for him. i dont have much fear (if any) on him going straight up commercial, based on the content of his last album...i think if you look at it all time then t.i. has cham based on years hes got on em...but if right now, straight up, who is the better MC at this very moment....its cham baby. 8)
yeah he did fa sho. they never make albums better than there 1st, but that wasnt that hard for Chamill since his first wasnt all that great anyway. I am interested to see how the next album sounds - I bet you it'll be a bit more commercial fa sho after the second one flopped. The label (if he's still major) will not accept a flop again and will have an influence on the material.
i definatly cant wait til his next album...and thats a strong point, i didnt think of...shame an album like that flopped. :-\
i cant wait either - yeah its a shame it flopped and thats why i wanna see how the next one turns out.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

OchoCinco

« Reply #152 on: July 17, 2008, 09:50:17 PM »
with the chamill album it just shows how much a good single can effect album sales....i mean that first cd he had wasnt really that good but he had two dope singles ...ridin dirty which was like single of the year at that time and then turn it up which was dope...and then on the next cd the singles flopped but the cd was dope as fuck....its really a shame 

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #153 on: July 17, 2008, 09:52:55 PM »
with the chamill album it just shows how much a good single can effect album sales....i mean that first cd he had wasnt really that good but he had two dope singles ...ridin dirty which was like single of the year at that time and then turn it up which was dope...and then on the next cd the singles flopped but the cd was dope as fuck....its really a shame 

hip hop police was a dope song too...creative as FUCK. just wasnt catchy & mainstream like "ridin", so it didnt appeal to the ppl, and more to more hip hop fans. i wonder how many people who are just common music listeners even knew this album was out. :P

Lunatic

« Reply #154 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55:07 PM »
^I was SHOCKED HipHop Police didnt blow up..sure it was a creative concept which usually doesnt do good in the mainstream, but the hook was very catchy and extremely radio friendly as was the beat - the song had a poppy feel to it which I thought would burn up the radios regardless of the concept behind it - guess i was wrong

OchoCinco

« Reply #155 on: July 17, 2008, 09:55:50 PM »

hip hop police was a dope song too...creative as FUCK. just wasnt catchy & mainstream like "ridin", so it didnt appeal to the ppl, and more to more hip hop fans. i wonder how many people who are just common music listeners even knew this album was out. :P

o ye im not sayin hip hop police wasnt a good single...i thot that song was dope as fuck ...always used to bumo that ...gunna have to right now actually..but ye its shitty when he puts out a solid almost perfect cd (in my mind) and it flops...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #156 on: July 17, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »

o ye im not sayin hip hop police wasnt a good single...i thot that song was dope as fuck ...always used to bumo that ...gunna have to right now actually..but ye its shitty when he puts out a solid almost perfect cd (in my mind) and it flops...

actually gave it a few spins today for no reason other than it was dope. 8)

but the flop...shows how fucked up the game is. :-\

^I was SHOCKED HipHop Police didnt blow up..sure it was a creative concept which usually doesnt do good in the mainstream, but the hook was very catchy and extremely radio friendly as was the beat - the song had a poppy feel to it which I thought would burn up the radios regardless of the concept behind it - guess i was wrong

most probably didnt know what was goin on in that song. i mean he was the cop and the criminal, slick too. the average music ear most likely didnt catch the idea of the song. and it was just underlooked from there on.

Lunatic

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2008, 10:07:29 PM »
^good point & likely the reason behind it's commercial failure

OchoCinco

« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2008, 10:12:22 PM »
lmao ye wit the dumb people these days i wouldnt doubt most of em not being able to understand wats goin on it that song haha

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2008, 10:18:44 PM »
^good point & likely the reason behind it's commercial failure

just hope cham stays the truth, a song like "ridin" for the 3rd LP is fine with me. catchy, popish chorus for its mainstream love...and then an actually truth meaning behind the song. sounds good lol.

lmao ye wit the dumb people these days i wouldnt doubt most of em not being able to understand wats goin on it that song haha

if you watch the video, i guess you can actually see whats goin on so he tried to clear it up for those slow ones...but they still didnt get it. :D

Lunatic

« Reply #160 on: July 18, 2008, 12:12:20 AM »
55-37 TI lol i done told y'all he'd run away with it

chamill: yea hopefully, will see.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #161 on: July 18, 2008, 12:26:57 AM »
1) Rakim
2) Joe Budden
3) Nas

There are no ways Big or Pac are GOATs anymore..  (maybe Big top 5)

Rap has stepped it's game up Soooooo much since 96.. Pac and Big bumped it up a huge knotch that no one was doing back then.  But now we have rappers that have taken a bit of everyones style and took the lyrics to a whole other level. 

Rakim even says he has trouble putting out new material cuz all the other cats have stepped up so much lyrically (metaphors, punchlines, flows) that it's hard for him to stay relevant..

If Pac's catalogue were put out now. Ppl would say MATW is some conscious Dead Prez shit.  AEOM would be "typical gangsta, girls, gun shit"..

Alot of people put a bias on Big and Pac cuz they helped introduce the brilliance to rap, that nowadays, rappers have put into their arsenal and expanded on.   Just cuz they started it, doesn't mean they were the best at it..

^Luda makes inconsistent albums

Doesn't make him wack. I agree he has no classic albums but none of them are trash and y'all know how dope his guest appearances are. If he bought them to his own albums and chooses the correct beats, a classic would be a cert.

T.I.'s subject content is blande though.  He hasn't expanded on how many albums?

Luda's last album was the one where he crossed over.  He put songs like Slap and Runaway Love out.. 

Maybe since T.I.'s been thru alotta shit since his last, he will bring more real shit to his albums.  Last one had My Type and Live in the Sky.. they were straight..

As much as I hate Jay, he has to be considered.  His double entendres and story telling are better than alot out right now..  His ability to adapt to every type of song is dope too..

Alot of the artists I read being considered are dope in their type of song.  But a GOAT has to be sound in every type u could think of (street, club, deep, love).  AND he has to be able to still be lyrical, and on point flow for each of the types..

Scarface should be up there..    LL?? Nah, his lyrics are def not in top 5...  Eminem is sound, (Em can't do love songs....)

Lupe, Fab...  All very good in each element of Hip-Hop.. (Lupe can't do club songs)

Alot of u are putting albums into consideration..  so many songs get left or put out in different form, it is a mute point to put into consideration how consistent their albums were.

Some ppl put out their dopest shit on mixtapes.. Some on the internet..  There are some songs that as a whole shit on other people's whole albums..  But maybe they haven't released one themselves. That doesn't DQ from GOAT status imo.  Like Crook could be top 10 right now, even tho he hasn't rlsed an album.  He has still put out shit that's been way better than other rappers' whole albums..

Joe Budden has a catalogue of over 15 burned CD-R's (says my booklet)...  that is alot of songs.  And about only 2-3 CD'Rs worth of material I would say solely puts him in top 3,top 5, top 10 position.  But the rest of these rappers can only put 1-2 a year on various forms of media.  And for most of em, that's only filling a CD's worth.   that's why I always like to check Best Of's from actual fans and mixtape DJ's.  Cuz they don't only get the album material in there.   U can miss one song from someone that could bump him up a notch in ur top lists...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:01:23 AM by The-Leak »

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #162 on: July 18, 2008, 02:09:11 AM »
I base my Top 10 on catalogue (albums, songs, guest appearances), skills (flow, lyrics, content), impact, longevity, etc.

All these artists deserve to be in a Top 10 list: Rakim, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, KRS-One, Ice Cube, Big Daddy Kane, Scarface, LL Cool J, Kool G Rap, Redman, Common, Eminem.

Rappers nowadays expanded on what Pac and Big did? Too bad none of their music is even half as good as albums Pac and Big released over 10 years ago. I'm not saying that cause they died it's just the truth.

You can come with all the fancy lyrics and metaphors but without a nice album you're trash in my books. Stick to rapping on the corner.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #163 on: July 18, 2008, 02:22:17 AM »
I base my Top 10 on catalogue (albums, songs, guest appearances), skills (flow, lyrics, content), impact, longevity, etc.

All these artists deserve to be in a Top 10 list: Rakim, 2Pac, The Notorious B.I.G., Jay-Z, Nas, KRS-One, Ice Cube, Big Daddy Kane, Scarface, LL Cool J, Kool G Rap, Redman, Common, Eminem.

Rappers nowadays expanded on what Pac and Big did? Too bad none of their music is even half as good as albums Pac and Big released over 10 years ago. I'm not saying that cause they died it's just the truth.

You can come with all the fancy lyrics and metaphors but without a nice album you're trash in my books. Stick to rapping on the corner.

Fuck that noise, cuz at the end of the day the lyrics is who u are as the artist.  the beats are someone else!  u shouldnt get points for being able to pick a hot beat..  Cuz sometimes there are limits to what u have to work with..

And depending on where u are signed to put out ur album, is gonna impact how it sounds.  I am sure if Big's or Pac's albums were indie and didn't have the power of some of the beats they got on Jive, Bad Boy, Deathrow, they wouldn't have had such an impact..

I know a ton of artists that just cuz ppl listen for the beats, don't respect the artist cuz they can't afford some hot ass beats to keep the listeners attention.  But their lyrics are better than sum of these major label cats...

A real rapper can hold ur attention with just lyrics, not beats or a combination of both.  But if u put that into consideration it's all good then...

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #164 on: July 18, 2008, 03:35:13 AM »
the only retard is the one who was dumb enough to get ya mom pregnant instead of getting some head and bouncin'. i don't see how cham could fuck wit t.i. and muthafucka my opinion is my opinion not yours shit for brains. and by the way that ridin dirty bullshit was not better than what you know by far. you fuck boy.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.