Author Topic: Nas = GOAT??  (Read 7058 times)

Lunatic

Re: Nas = GOAT??
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:49 AM »
I rank T.I. as the best rapper of this generation, over Game, but his not at Nas level. In 3-4 years, we'll know how to rank him, but until then it will take a while.
lol sarcasm much?
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2008, 10:12:57 AM »
I rank T.I. as the best rapper of this generation, over Game, but his not at Nas level. In 3-4 years, we'll know how to rank him, but until then it will take a while.
lol sarcasm much?

I'm a serious person, you know... all business and no fun... lol.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2008, 11:12:19 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

to take you seriously i have to know if that was sarcasism... ???. game is clearly better than t.i.. there are a few more who are better too. t.i. is good, but to call him "best of this generation" is ridiculous! ???

Lunatic

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2008, 11:19:54 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

well do u actually think that?

Blood$

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:46 AM »
I agree with that post of M-Dogg for the most part, some trill talk in there... +1

Lunatic

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

to take you seriously i have to know if that was sarcasism... ???. game is clearly better than t.i.. there are a few more who are better too. t.i. is good, but to call him "best of this generation" is ridiculous! ???
just curious, wich and how many new gen rappers do u consider better than TI?

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2008, 11:30:12 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

What's the definition of a new gen rapper?

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2008, 11:30:57 AM »
lol sarcasm much?

i'd say debuted round 2000 and on.

sav

« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2008, 11:56:26 AM »
Top 4.
Jay-Z, Pac, Big, Nas.. any order comes down to personal taste.

"... And next time you mention Pac, Biggie & Jay-Z ; don't forget Weezy baby!"

:D  :laugh:

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2008, 12:23:55 PM »
lol sarcasm much?

Ok
Luda, Juelz, Immortal Technique, Saigon, Chamillionaire, Joe Budden - just off the top of my head.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2008, 12:41:02 PM »
lol sarcasm much?

Ok
Luda, Juelz, Immortal Technique, Saigon, Chamillionaire, Joe Budden - just off the top of my head.
Luda - inconsistent discography although he kills guest appearances - based on opinion
cant speak on Technique
Juelz SANTANA? - LMFAO. He's not bad, but after that last Frisbee he provided his fans with, c'mon ::)
LMFAO at calling Saigon a better rapper than TI when he hasnt even dropped an album and TI is bout to be 6 deep :o  I love Sai, but c'mon, you're smarter than that dub ::)
Chamillionaire - Ultimate Victory equals Trap Muzik IMO but Sound Of Revenge was avg as hell - 1 good and album 1 avg album doesnt equal T.I.'s discography yet - if he can keep it up with Ultimate Victory, then yes he'll be better than TI
Budden - 1 album and it was decent - fuck a mixtape rapper.

the only names u provided that one could actually believe is better than TI is Luda and Technique.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:50:33 PM by Lunatic 63 »

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »
lol sarcasm much?

Well to be honest, the best of this generation we wouldn't know until the next one. In the Gangsta Rap era, we didn't know 'Pac was truly the best until after 1996, until then there were people that'd swear Snoop, and even in Cali I heard little of Ice Cube. Now most will put Cube and 'Pac above Snoop. In the Bling Era, you'd be hard press to find anyone say Jay-Z wasn't the best, but now Eminem and Nas are both ranked above Jay in most list. This generation I'd say started in 2004-5, as 2004 signaled the end of the Bling Era with songs like Why, the rise of Reggaeton, and the South becoming the dominate region. Each era last on average about 6-8 years, and so this era, the Hip-Hop is Dead era will last until about 2010-2012.  That's when we truly will know who is the best of this generation. I think for now, T.I. is the best because first off, his region is on top, and his the driving force behind that, his more relevent than Chamillionaire and he has more commerical appeal than Game. Though Weezy is taking that Jay status, because as an era, since 2004, we have not had that dominate figure, like Jay-Z, like 2Pac, T.I. was the close, but Weezy is even closer. But once this era has ended, we'd truly know. I know one thing, it's in this era that Nas has earned himself an argument of GOAT.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2008, 12:51:13 PM »
Technique is the best political rapper today, and IF he ever drops a hot album indy and with a single, he might shut down arguments... lol. All he needs is one song on the radio and a 5 mic classic.

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2008, 12:52:22 PM »
Doesn't matter if <insert name> hasn't dropped a cd or has a variable disco. <-- That's ARTIST rating.

kemizt

Lunatic

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2008, 12:53:13 PM »
Doesn't matter if <insert name> hasn't dropped a cd or has a variable disco. <-- That's ARTIST rating.
u can't call a rapper "the best new gen rapper" when they dont even have an album out :-\