Author Topic: Who bought the Nas album today?  (Read 871 times)

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Who bought the Nas album today?
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 03:20:50 PM »
^ I think I saw somewhere that Lil Wayne sold like 423k first day..but you also gotta take into account how many of those were bought by his record company ?

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 03:58:53 PM »
^ I think I saw somewhere that Lil Wayne sold like 423k first day..but you also gotta take into account how many of those were bought by his record company ?
yeah true no one counts those.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Lunatic

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
Nas’ last chart-topping release was 2006’s Hip-Hop Is Dead which scanned 354,000 in its debut week. Congrats to Esco in advance. He made one of the year’s best rap albums, so a No.1 spot is well-deserved.
fantastic! great success for him and lord knows he deserves it with the gem of an album he dropped!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 04:33:59 PM »

really, u think they copped? i dk, i wonder how many they did. ???

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 07:34:37 PM »

Well yeah A LOT of record labels do that now days. If the fans see that an album sells a lot for example that might make them more likely to buy the album because then they feel that since everyone else has it then it must be a good album which is not always true. It's sad labels have to do this for their artist because if the music was truely that good and had the proper promotion then it should sell regardless. Lil Wayne also had a MAJOR drop in second week sales...he went from seeling over a million 1st week then sold like 300k 2nd week. Those aren't bad numbers but that big of a drop is kind of shady

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »
Bought 2 copies

lol really? for what? ??? :P

i actually just got it. i was avoiding listening to the album since it got leaked.

so how u likin it?

1 for me, 1 for my girlfriend. It's her birthday and she is a die hard Nas fan.  ;D I ain't trying to be in the doghouse ya feel me.

A lot of women don't really get Nas, they think he's too hardcore or something... Nas is kind of like the "rappers rapper" he's not the type that carries a lot of female fans, even though he's made a lot of wack attempts like "Oochie Walley" to attract female fans.

Anyway, good for you if you got a girl that shares your good taste in music...

...to answer the thread title, I'll be coppin Nas as soon as I get a few minutes off work to go to the store and buy it.  Probably monday.  I haven't downloaded any tracks from the album because I knew I was going to buy it all along.  I have every Nas album except one, he's always been in my top 3.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 08:41:13 PM »

Well yeah A LOT of record labels do that now days. If the fans see that an album sells a lot for example that might make them more likely to buy the album because then they feel that since everyone else has it then it must be a good album which is not always true. It's sad labels have to do this for their artist because if the music was truely that good and had the proper promotion then it should sell regardless. Lil Wayne also had a MAJOR drop in second week sales...he went from seeling over a million 1st week then sold like 300k 2nd week. Those aren't bad numbers but that big of a drop is kind of shady

i remember rumor was kanye was doin that on 9/11.

D~Nice

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 09:20:17 PM »
Bought 2 copies

lol really? for what? ??? :P

i actually just got it. i was avoiding listening to the album since it got leaked.

so how u likin it?

1 for me, 1 for my girlfriend. It's her birthday and she is a die hard Nas fan.  ;D I ain't trying to be in the doghouse ya feel me.

A lot of women don't really get Nas, they think he's too hardcore or something... Nas is kind of like the "rappers rapper" he's not the type that carries a lot of female fans, even though he's made a lot of wack attempts like "Oochie Walley" to attract female fans.

Anyway, good for you if you got a girl that shares your good taste in music...

...to answer the thread title, I'll be coppin Nas as soon as I get a few minutes off work to go to the store and buy it.  Probably monday.  I haven't downloaded any tracks from the album because I knew I was going to buy it all along.  I have every Nas album except one, he's always been in my top 3.

Yeah she is a big fan. Crazy album BTW.

Lunatic

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 10:27:03 PM »
Perfect example of labels buying albums for me was in 2006 with Jay-Z and Kingdom Come. Labels tend to only copies the first week.

T.I. KING 1st week sales - 522K
Jay-Z Kingdom Come 1st week sales: 689K (I believe it was 689K)

T.I. KING FINAL USA SALES - 2 Million
Jay-Z KING.Come FINAL USA SALES - 1.7

how this muthafucka outsell TI by 140K first week and end up falling behind by like 300K...i dunno..im a jigga fan 2, but im just sayin..
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Black Friday

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 08:37:55 AM »
Perfect example of labels buying albums for me was in 2006 with Jay-Z and Kingdom Come. Labels tend to only copies the first week.

how this muthafucka outsell TI by 140K first week and end up falling behind by like 300K...i dunno..im a jigga fan 2, but im just sayin..

Yea there were rumors about this for both Jay-Z and Kanye...the thing with Kanye is his numbers might not have been that exaggerated because I know alotta people wanted to see 50 cent lose to see what he would do so they bought Kanye's..but Kanye also has alotta fans so..

Black Gloves

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 12:06:33 PM »

Yeah i always thought about that with Jay-Zs Kingdome Come and Waynes album.

How the fuck did he went from sellin 1 million first week to 300,000 the next?

OchoCinco

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2008, 12:11:38 PM »
i believe waynes sales...i mean hate it or love it hes the most popular rapper there is today, whether ur male or female most of the mainstream  public love wayne so he was about the only on i can really see sellin as many records as he did

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2008, 10:44:19 PM »
what are Nas's current numbers?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2008, 11:04:05 PM »

...cause king was just another ti album, and kingdom come was the return of jay

ti had more singles (what you know, front back, live in the sky, why you wanna, top back)

jay had two. thats why he got outsold, I don't think the label had anything to do with the sales