Poll

What do you prefer; content or flow

content
flow
both

Author Topic: content VS flow *POLL*  (Read 2032 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: content VS flow *POLL*
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 04:51:08 AM »
one do not go without the other. ya need both to be a good artist.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

mlk93

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 05:26:46 AM »
Both are needed to be a complete artist if u take only flow don't be surprise if we have more souljaboy!! but if u are a gansta rapper we all know the content of your song ! so snoop is a complete gansta rapper for doggystyle he had the gansgta content and the flow for make u love that gangsta shit!

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 05:33:13 AM »
Good flow saves bad lyrics (content)
Good lyrics (content) doesn't save bad flow
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 06:02:13 AM »
if u take only flow don't be surprise if we have more souljaboy!!

Though Souljahboy can't flow for shit either! I'd gladly take more artists with zero content but amazing flows - if everyone was flowing like Das EFX mixed with DOC mixed with Busta Rhymes mixed with Fu-Schnickens it'd be like  :o :o even if they never said shit

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2008, 06:26:12 AM »
I picked flow because thats what really gets my ear when I listen to a rapper

when I listen to old Snoop like you said he wasnt saying much but the way he said was dope 8)

that's one of the things that was missing on Tha Doggfather imo.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2008, 12:19:38 PM »
dope thread. something i've been thinking about recently!

i tend to listen to rappers for the sound of how they flow over a beat. but as others have said, it's a package because the attitude, story, beat, flow and lyrics need to fit together on a track to make really dope music.

i cannot listen to so many "conscoius" rappers who sound clever but really just put together a bunch of tight punchlines masquerading as sophisticated politics or releigion that really in the end is just powder puff rhetoric like so many so called "lyricists" out there.

The only "conscoius" rappers i can listen to are the few who put themselves on the line and give you a bit of personal and genuinely soulful music. there aint too many about though!!!

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2008, 12:30:38 PM »
dope thread. something i've been thinking about recently!

i tend to listen to rappers for the sound of how they flow over a beat. but as others have said, it's a package because the attitude, story, beat, flow and lyrics need to fit together on a track to make really dope music.

i cannot listen to so many "conscoius" rappers who sound clever but really just put together a bunch of tight punchlines masquerading as sophisticated politics or releigion that really in the end is just powder puff rhetoric like so many so called "lyricists" out there.

The only "conscoius" rappers i can listen to are the few who put themselves on the line and give you a bit of personal and genuinely soulful music. there aint too many about though!!!
true.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2008, 12:31:30 PM »
I picked flow because thats what really gets my ear when I listen to a rapper

when I listen to old Snoop like you said he wasnt saying much but the way he said was dope 8)

that's one of the things that was missing on Tha Doggfather imo.
that nigga had flow and content on that album.

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
the problem with bishop isnt his flow, its his voice and personality. plenty of people can rock a slow/generic flow cause they have the charisma to go with it. lamont.. doesnt. atleast from what I've heard from him.

Chad Vader

« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2008, 12:44:12 PM »
the problem with bishop isnt his flow, its his voice and personality.
plenty of people can rock a slow/generic flow cause they have the charisma to go with it. lamont.. doesnt. atleast from what I've heard from him.

Check this thread out;
AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO AIN'T FEELING BISHOP LAMONT
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=163570.0

Philip1123

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2008, 12:54:15 PM »
To me, it's like asking what more important for an NBA player? Offence or diffense? Well, of course you gotta have both! However, if you gotta pick one it's gotta be offense. And in terms of rap - flow.
But the greatest ones (both rappers and NBA players) always have both skills, hands down.

Chad Vader

« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2008, 02:27:38 PM »
dope thread. something I've been thinking about recently!

Me too,especially in these Detox times with Bishop and all this bashing of Gangster Rap and shit.  >:(

I tend to listen to rappers for the sound of how they flow over a beat.
But as others have said, it's a package because the attitude, story, beat, flow and lyrics need to fit together on a track to make really dope music.

Yep,the vocals is just another instrument to should enhance the beat/instrumental

I cannot listen to so many "conscious" rappers who sound clever but really just put together a
bunch of tight punchlines masquerading as sophisticated politics or religion that really
in the end is just powder puff rhetoric like so many so called "lyricists" out there.

The only "conscious" rappers i can listen to are the few who put themselves on the line
and give you a bit of personal and genuinely soulful music.
There ain't too many about though!!!

Well these rappers that label themself "conscious" is usually boring as fuck,they have no passion behind their delivery what so ever.
 :puke:(Common,Talib,Mos Def etc.)

smegma

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2008, 02:33:18 PM »

Well these rappers that label themself "conscious" is usually boring as fuck,they have no passion behind their delivery what so ever.

That's all a matter of opinion though. Those three you just mentioned are considered great artists by many people.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »

Me too,especially in these Detox times with Bishop and all this bashing of Gangster Rap and shit.  >:(

But as others have said, it's a package because the attitude, story, beat, flow and lyrics need to fit together on a track to make really dope music.

Yep,the vocals is just another instrument to should enhance the beat/instrumental

I cannot listen to so many "conscious" rappers who sound clever but really just put together a
bunch of tight punchlines masquerading as sophisticated politics or religion that really
in the end is just powder puff rhetoric like so many so called "lyricists" out there.

The only "conscious" rappers i can listen to are the few who put themselves on the line

LOL

Chad Vader

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2008, 09:50:59 AM »

That's all a matter of opinion though. Those three you just mentioned are considered great artists by many people.

That could be,but I don´t see any edutainment value in them at all  ;)

LOL

That could be,but I don´t see any edutainment value in them at all  ;)