Author Topic: Candian Hip Hop.........  (Read 1877 times)

Suga Foot

Re: Candian Hip Hop.........
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2002, 02:06:22 PM »
Hey isnt "SansPression" a Canadian rap group? i heard sum songs from them an it was pure dope! They reppin'  French an English...

Peace1!

I have no idea, out in the west of Canada, we don't really promote the French Language, it's more in the east
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Smooth

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2002, 02:10:53 PM »

I have no idea, out in the west of Canada, we don't really promote the French Language, it's more in the east

yo we don't really promote french rap in the east either homie
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Suga Foot

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2002, 02:18:22 PM »

yo we don't really promote french rap in the east either homie

I don't mean just rap, I'm sayin the whole language, people out here, generally hate french (the language, not the people)

Scribe

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2002, 01:31:18 AM »
Swollen Members and Moka Only are both extremely dope, I'm definitly feeling the albums they've released. I haven't heard much from the rest but imma definatly check them out.
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2002, 09:54:55 AM »
ok i have some questions being a fellow canadian myself: do you know much about the other artists on battleaxe records like LMNO and i can't remember the others.
do you have the 3 battleaxe compilations and if so, how are they.
and is son doobie on battleaxe records.
peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

doggmastah

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • All hoez n ya kneez:make way fo tha masta of geez!
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2002, 10:15:42 AM »

My bad! They from QUÉBEC!  That's why they reppin' French an English...

Peace1!
PEACE1!

AMC- Spittin' from Portugal da French emcee!

Affiliated to the WSFC-West Side French Connection-

Suga Foot

« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2002, 02:25:28 PM »
ok i have some questions being a fellow canadian myself: do you know much about the other artists on battleaxe records like LMNO and i can't remember the others.
do you have the 3 battleaxe compilations and if so, how are they.
and is son doobie on battleaxe records.
peace.

Here's the offiacial Battle Axe Roster:

Swollen Members (Mad Child & Prevail)
Moka Only
Abstract Rude
Mr. Brady
Son Doobie (Formerly Of Funkdoobiest)
Buc Fifty

They also release battle break records by:
Joey Chaves
DJ Revolution
Zodak
Kemo
^They are not officialy on the label tho^

I haven't yet picked up the Battle Axe records comp but i plan to do so soon.  I have Moka Only's new album "lime green" and it's fuckin tite.  This was the first time I ever heard him rap, and he sounds exactly like common.  

Battle Axe releases 12" vinyls every 3 weeks or so, so keep checkin your local record shops for that.

On a side note, I'm goin to see Swollen Members on the 18th!!

Real_G

« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2002, 04:26:43 PM »
Get swollen members- fuel ingected remix with saukrates

Suga Foot

« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2002, 04:50:16 PM »
Get swollen members- fuel ingected remix with saukrates

Yeah that's a tite song.

Bosko-2G

• 'G'
  • My man Big Tigger. Holla at ya boy!
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2002, 08:04:54 AM »
Props Suga.. I made a post like this a couple months ago, but nobody gave a shit. Anyway, my favorite mainstream Canadian artists at the moment are: Ghetto Concept, Choclair, Kardi, and Jellestone.. I ain't really feelin' Swollen Members, but I liked Fuel Injected, and their new joint is aight.. I think Moka Only is dope as hell, though.

As for K-Os.. fuck him, can't stand the homie. He thinks he's the shit cause he's so "anti-bling-bling" and all that.. whenever I see him on TV, he's always talkin' 'bout how he hates commercial hip-hop with ice, cars, bitches, etc. in the videos. He thinks he's so real cause he rides a bike dressed up like Gilligan in his video  ::). He's entitled to his own opinion, but he expresses it too damn much.. he needs to stop whinin' like a bitch and get over it.
Dope like tonz 'o coke.

Smooth

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2002, 12:49:39 PM »
Props Suga.. I made a post like this a couple months ago, but nobody gave a shit. Anyway, my favorite mainstream Canadian artists at the moment are: Ghetto Concept, Choclair, Kardi, and Jellestone.. I ain't really feelin' Swollen Members, but I liked Fuel Injected, and their new joint is aight.. I think Moka Only is dope as hell, though.

As for K-Os.. fuck him, can't stand the homie. He thinks he's the shit cause he's so "anti-bling-bling" and all that.. whenever I see him on TV, he's always talkin' 'bout how he hates commercial hip-hop with ice, cars, bitches, etc. in the videos. He thinks he's so real cause he rides a bike dressed up like Gilligan in his video  ::). He's entitled to his own opinion, but he expresses it too damn much.. he needs to stop whinin' like a bitch and get over it.

LMAO you raise a good point there about K-Os... i never really thought about that but it's true... he does take the "anti-bling-bling" a bit to far... and yeah at the moment for canadian hip-hop im feelin "Jelleestone" the most... his cd "Jelleestone thirteen" is off the hook...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

Black_Smoke

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2002, 01:26:49 PM »
Anyone heard of D-Meezie?
shit, nigga comes correct on every  song
its gangsta too

"Its the length of 1 day, one half, one shotclock, this number is my promise.....to Dominate every moment"-Kobe #24

Suga Foot

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2002, 02:20:18 PM »

I agree he can take it too far sometimes, but I picked up his new album and I'm fuckin lovin it!  I was really impressed by it.

Suga Foot

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2002, 02:22:20 PM »
He thinks he's so real cause he rides a bike dressed up like Gilligan in his video

lol @ Choclair & Kardi always got dope hummers and shit in their vidoes & K-Os is riding and old 10 speed dressed like gilligan.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2002, 06:04:44 PM »
i went and saw swollen members with moka only like 3 weeks ago and it was tight...met moka and prevail, and sat next to mad child at the end and he was a stoned and zoned out so i didn't really say nothing to him...the concert was crazy, i got kicked in the face from a crowd surfer and my girlfriend's hand got stepped on by prevail...the shit was hype though...they did all their best songs expect for the ones with son doobie but that's aight...

yo suga, is there gonna be a cd released by son doobie anytime soon...he is maddd dope...i picked up one of funkdoobiest's cds today, the one with superhoes and lost in thought, the shit's classic if yall ain't know, and i plan on picking up funkdoobiest's other 2 cd's as well...

i also went to get the swollen members single today with
1. Bring It Home
2. Fuel Injected (Remix)
3. Lady Venom
on it but it was all sold out so i'm kinda bummed about that...i'm also bummed that i got bad dreams when it first came out because they released that new version with those songs on it and it pisses me off, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :