Author Topic: NBA SUMMER LEAGUE  (Read 506 times)

"THE" MoSav

NBA SUMMER LEAGUE
« on: July 16, 2008, 09:40:32 PM »
Anybody else been watching?
Jason Thompson for the Kings looks worth that #12 pick. Dudes for real. Super athletic and moves like a sf with a pf's body  8)
Good rebounder pyhsical and man he gets down the court so fast. I am very excited about him. Douby and Hawes also looked nice as Douby avgd 18 pts in 3 gms with 2 of them being 20 pt games and Hawes avg 17 pts in three games. I like what i see from our young guys, douby was unguardable out there..

The Best of 3 Worlds

ThatSICCNESS

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: NBA SUMMER LEAGUE
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 10:25:39 PM »
Jason Thompson gots game. He's super quik for his size and can play inside and out. Saw him rebound and push the ball up himself, pretty efficiently.

Hawes definitely has skill, an abundance of post moves and nice jumper. Needs to work on his rebounding and get stronger though.

Douby is a nice scorer, but sometimes becomes a black hole and doesn't create for others. Maybe he can be instant offense of the bench if he keeps working on his game.

Singletary looked good also. He's a quick creator who can run the point and play defense. I can see him possibly being a backup to Udrih.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 10:33:35 PM »
Jason Thompson>Spencer Hawes

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 02:30:08 AM »
there both good. 2 way different players. but i do think THIS year Thompson could have a bigger impact

The Best of 3 Worlds

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 02:12:23 PM »
Jerryd Bayless>>>>Summer League!

But yeah, Thompson is gonna be good.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 03:00:18 PM »

Gearld Green and Douby have been monsters as well, not to mention love avg 19 and 15  8) :o

The Best of 3 Worlds

Sparegeez

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 03:04:13 PM »
Yeah and Marco Belinelli average 22.8 points per game in the summer league. Look at where that got him :-\

Don't get too excited fellas

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 03:55:17 PM »

Gearld Green and Douby have been monsters as well, not to mention love avg 19 and 15  8) :o

I tried to tell people about Love...

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 04:14:07 PM »
Yeah and Marco Belinelli average 22.8 points per game in the summer league. Look at where that got him :-\

Don't get too excited fellas

I dont think anybody is really all that excited. Its just summer league and Qyntel Woods I believe won back to back summer league MVPs, but it is always better to see your guys playing well than to see them play like shit.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 04:42:45 PM »

he's not gunna be getting those calls in the NBA

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »

LOL VVV

Where's Kevin Love and Tyler Hansbrough?

I don't think they'll be lotto picks, maybe mid to late first rounders. I do wonder why Darren Collison is not somewhere on there though. I'm sure their top 14 is tentative based on draft stocks as they rise or fall.

Turf Hitta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 04:50:31 PM »

LOL VVV

I don't think they'll be lotto picks, maybe mid to late first rounders. I do wonder why Darren Collison is not somewhere on there though. I'm sure their top 14 is tentative based on draft stocks as they rise or fall.

Show me where I said he wouldn't be good. All I said was I didn't expect him to go in the lottery. There were a number of reasons for that, none of them being that I didn't think he was gonna be a very good player. I just felt like he was being vastly undervalued and the draft pool at that point was much deeper. And the part about "late first rounder" was about "Psycho T" not Love.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 05:10:33 PM »

LOL VVV

Show me where I said he wouldn't be good. All I said was I didn't expect him to go in the lottery. There were a number of reasons for that, none of them being that I didn't think he was gonna be a very good player. I just felt like he was being vastly undervalued and the draft pool at that point was much deeper. And the part about "late first rounder" was about "Psycho T" not Love.

I feel ya, I just always had a feelin he'd be somethin special and go early in the draft.

"THE" MoSav

« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 12:48:20 AM »
Douby with 36 tonight! 14-21 FG
Thompson 20 pts and 10 rebs He looks so nice
Hawes 13 and 13
Shelden WIlliams 12 pts 5 rebs

The Best of 3 Worlds

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 01:25:46 AM »
Douby with 36 tonight! 14-21 FG
Thompson 20 pts and 10 rebs He looks so nice
Hawes 13 and 13
Shelden WIlliams 12 pts 5 rebs

yea, lets not forget, shelden is a nice player as well...i remember lakers wanted to move up in the draft to take him. i think his best is also ahead of him.