Author Topic: Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth  (Read 333 times)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
« on: May 03, 2002, 07:35:34 PM »
Yo I waz stealing some cds from my homie 2day....lol....And he caught me and waz like if u gonna steal some cds 2 listen to from me, Enough listenin 2 Bay Area shit, why dont u actually steal a tight one like my Moment Of Truth cd......
I waz Gang Starr? My brother had their shit when he lived wit me, I didnt feel em much......
He waz like Fool, yur older now, just peep their shit......

So I been playin it 2day and wat can I say.....CLASSIC.

Every fuckin song is tight.....And plus they drop sooo much knowledge in every song.

I cant believe all tha Gang Starr cds were in tha other room all those years my brother lived wit me and I didn't play em much.....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KVB

Re: Gang Starr - Moment Of Truth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 10:28:41 PM »
Yeah... a regard this album a "Classic", definitely.. true, there ain't a single average/wack song on the album... Guru is on top lyrically throughout the album, and the beats are unbelievable, some of Primo's best beats ever are included on that record, my favorite is "What I'm Here 4", a blazing track... this is some of the realest hip-hop shit ever released IMO, I'll recommend this album to everyone, one

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 04:05:22 AM »
Stealing from your homie, lol  ;D

Yeah, it's good to see that your open minded enough to check out other styles of hip-hop & it's good to see your glad you did!! I'd also regard this as classic, it's pure hip-hop at it's best, & Guru is one of the best MC's ever & when listening to this record, especially, it's evident. & ofcourse, you can fault Primo  ;D

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Smooth

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2002, 08:29:23 AM »
Yeah... a regard this album a "Classic", definitely.. true, there ain't a single average/wack song on the album... Guru is on top lyrically throughout the album, and the beats are unbelievable, some of Primo's best beats ever are included on that record, my favorite is "What I'm Here 4", a blazing track... this is some of the realest hip-hop shit ever released IMO, I'll recommend this album to everyone, one

i agree totally... this album is a straight up classic... IMO there's not one average/wack track... which can't be said for most albums...

Peace
"Nigga what up now?. you act like a bitch, you bound to get fucked, you trick ass snitch!" - Snoop Dogg - "Buck Em"

"Stranded on death row for pumpin slug's in muthafucka's" - Kurupt - "Stranded on Death Row"

Here's a message to the youngsters today,standing by you can die - Nate Dogg - "One More Day"

Battle Record 1-0

KVB

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2002, 09:10:41 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020490534;start=0#2 date=05/04/02 at 09:05:22]Stealing from your homie, lol  ;D

Guru is one of the best MC's ever

That ain't true... he definitely shines on this album, you could be fooled to thinking he is one of the best MCs ever if you have only heard him on this record, but if you invest in his other solo albums (3 Jazzmatazz albums, a Baldhead Slick & Da Click compilation) you'll get another impression, trust me... (I own all Guru/Gang Starr albums)... I love Guru, he is a great MC, I just wanted to say that he's far from one of the best MCs ever. But hell, everybody has their own opinion, peace

~1~

Joachim

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2002, 09:15:19 AM »
'Moment Of Truth' is a near perfect album in my eyes, its definately Gang Starr's finest album imo.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2002, 08:12:06 PM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020490534;start=0#2 date=05/04/02 at 09:05:22]Stealing from your homie, lol  ;D

lol....I just burn and alwayz give it back tho...

Sheet, but I think ima keep this one......lol

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

KVB

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2002, 12:18:06 AM »

lol....I just burn and alwayz give it back tho...

Ain't that called "borrowing"  ;D

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2002, 01:45:53 AM »

That ain't true... he definitely shines on this album, you could be fooled to thinking he is one of the best MCs ever if you have only heard him on this record, but if you invest in his other solo albums (3 Jazzmatazz albums, a Baldhead Slick & Da Click compilation) you'll get another impression, trust me... (I own all Guru/Gang Starr albums)... I love Guru, he is a great MC, I just wanted to say that he's far from one of the best MCs ever. But hell, everybody has their own opinion, peace

~1~

Naw man, I think he is definatly one of the best lyrically, definatly. I own quite a few Gangstarr albums, included in that collection I have the "Full Clip" comp which basically covers most of their classic ish & he comes tight throughout.
Alot of MC's have their not so impressive moments but when their at their peak on a record you can judge them from that & I definatly still think Guru is one of the best MC's ever.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2002, 06:22:57 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020490534;start=0#8 date=05/05/02 at 06:45:53]

Naw man, I think he is definatly one of the best lyrically, definatly. I own quite a few Gangstarr albums, included in that collection I have the "Full Clip" comp which basically covers most of their classic ish & he comes tight throughout.
Alot of MC's have their not so impressive moments but when their at their peak on a record you can judge them from that & I definatly still think Guru is one of the best MC's ever.

A lot of rappers are better lyricists than Guru, IMO... Nas, Method Man & Eminem... would all kill Guru in a battle, Baldhead Slick was at his peak lyrically on the "Moment Of Truth" album... it's sad but true, he has just gotten older and weaker since then. I hope he returns from the dead on the new Gang Starr album though.

One

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2002, 06:46:35 AM »

A lot of rappers are better lyricists than Guru, IMO...

I know quite alot of hip-hop heads that would disagree with that, but there ya go, opinions are like assholes....you know the rest   ;D

KVB

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2002, 08:55:29 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020490534;start=0#10 date=05/05/02 at 11:46:35]

I know quite alot of hip-hop heads that would disagree with that, but there ya go, opinions are like assholes....you know the rest   ;D

LOL... well at least he's better than Fabolous