Author Topic: Where's Jigga  (Read 1171 times)

tuwac_shakur

Re: Where's Jigga
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2002, 03:15:25 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020310322;start=0#13 date=05/02/02 at 08:12:21]

'Pac dropped 3 classics in a row, thats right, "Me Against The World", "All Eyez On Me" & "Makaveli: 7 Day Theory". & all the others that came before & after have been nr classics. Not many others can claim that.

have you been in a coma recently?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2002, 03:16:06 AM »

I think "The Blueprint" was a near classic album... IMO it didn't deserve 5 mics, but you gotta admit it was an excellent album... just look at the reviews it got.

I enjoyed it, i'm gonna be honest, i'm not gonna hate just because it has Jay-Z's name over it, but to me the beats were the most impressive aspects of that whole record. It was a decent performance from him otherwise, better than what he's come out with since "Reasonable Doubt" anyways, imo.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2002, 03:21:41 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020310322;start=0#13 date=05/02/02 at 08:12:21]

Hahaha, this is rich coming from Faboulous' fan boy.
'Pac dropped 3 classics in a row, thats right, "Me Against The World", "All Eyez On Me" & "Makaveli: 7 Day Theory". & all the others that came before & after have been nr classics. Not many others can claim that.
& if "Stillmatic" was a 'boring 4 mic album' then Fabolous' debut was a - 5.

Wait, "Stillmatic" didn't deserve 5 mics either... the "Ether" diss track was nothing special, I can't see why people praise that song... I admit it was a dope album overall, but it isn't a classic... it isn't comparable to "Illmatic", "Reasonable Doubt", "Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers" and so on... please believe it.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2002, 03:43:09 AM »

Wait, "Stillmatic" didn't deserve 5 mics either... the "Ether" diss track was nothing special, I can't see why people praise that song... I admit it was a dope album overall, but it isn't a classic... it isn't comparable to "Illmatic", "Reasonable Doubt", "Enter The Wu Tang: 36 Chambers" and so on... please believe it.

I think "Stillmatic" was worth 5 mics, I think it's a potential classic, little early to determine whether or not these albums are actually classic material, but to be honest "Reasonable Doubt" cannot compare to "Illmatic" either, c'mon now, "Illmatic" is about as close to hip-hop perfection as it gets, imo. "Reasonable Doubt" is Jigga's best work, but i'd say the nearest it comes to Nas' level is "It Was Written" (which I think is almost classic & highly underrated), imo. I'm not about to compare "36 Chambers" to "Illmatic" or "Reasonable Doubt" because it was a group effort.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

KVB

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2002, 04:10:03 AM »
>= link=board=outbound;num=1020310322;start=0#18 date=05/02/02 at 08:43:09]

I think "Stillmatic" was worth 5 mics, I think it's a potential classic, little early to determine whether or not these albums are actually classic material, but to be honest "Reasonable Doubt" cannot compare to "Illmatic" either, c'mon now, "Illmatic" is about as close to hip-hop perfection as it gets, imo. "Reasonable Doubt" is Jigga's best work, but i'd say the nearest it comes to Nas' level is "It Was Written" (which I think is almost classic & highly underrated), imo. I'm not about to compare "36 Chambers" to "Illmatic" or "Reasonable Doubt" because it was a group effort.

I agree with you or some of the things you're saying... but I guess we have a difference in opinion on the Jay-Z/Nas issue, that's just the way it is... it would be a boring world if everybody had got the same opinion on everything... peace

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2002, 06:30:28 PM »

You can't tell me who's the king of NY... if I feel Jay-Z is the king of N.Y., I'ma write it here... and stop hating

i aint tryin 2 beef so dont take it that way.  But how am i hating.  I speaking from first hand experience.  Out of tha rap fans i know, no1 likes jigga.  They cant stand b/c they say he is 2 commercial.  My cousin who lives in queens still doesnt know any jigga fans,  an majority of kids he knows say nas is tha king now.  On hot97 tha people have spoken an said nas is tha winner.  tha only people that like jay-z r teeny boppers an rich white kids.  I aint hatin im speakin tha truth.  U got your own opinion an i respect that,  but dont say im hating when i neve said anything along tha lines of jigga sucks wit out backin it up

KVB

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2002, 06:37:55 PM »

i aint tryin 2 beef so dont take it that way.  But how am i hating.  I speaking from first hand experience.  Out of tha rap fans i know, no1 likes jigga.  They cant stand b/c they say he is 2 commercial.  My cousin who lives in queens still doesnt know any jigga fans,  an majority of kids he knows say nas is tha king now.  On hot97 tha people have spoken an said nas is tha winner.  tha only people that like jay-z r teeny boppers an rich white kids.  I aint hatin im speakin tha truth.  U got your own opinion an i respect that,  but dont say im hating when i neve said anything along tha lines of jigga sucks wit out backin it up

It don't matter what other people think.. he's still the king of N.Y. for me... plus he sold more records than Nas did, even when releasing the album on the unfortunate date September 11, when people sure had other things on their mind than copping a rap album... what does that tell you ?

The Watcher

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2002, 06:43:00 PM »

It don't matter what other people think.. he's still the king of N.Y. for me... plus he sold more records than Nas did, even when releasing the album on the unfortunate date September 11, when people sure had other things on their mind than copping a rap album... what does that tell you ?

They were delirious from the 9/11 attacks and didnt know what they were doing? yet, when they took it back, they couldnt get a refund! j/j

I dont really prefer either of them, but if I had to pick a favourite it would be Jay-Z, mainly for the all round style, but Nas seems to have that lyrical side of things down..
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2002, 07:18:26 PM »

Jay Z was king of New York. But 'cause one person says his King, doesn't make him king. The people revoluted and kicked him out as king, and Nas with the power of his attack with Ether, was placed as king by the people of New York. They said Jay-Z out, Nas in, and after the revolution people were happy as Jay-Z's commercial sound is decreasing. Nas rediscovered his hip-hop sound, and the people put him up 'cause that's what they want, and a real hip-hop artist is what the nation needs on top of rap highest crown. (yeah, I love my westcoast, but king of N.Y. seems to hold more weight that the king of L.A., no offense Snoop)

KVB

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2002, 07:22:41 PM »

Jay Z was king of New York. But 'cause one person says his King, doesn't make him king. The people revoluted and kicked him out as king, and Nas with the power of his attack with Ether, was placed as king by the people of New York. They said Jay-Z out, Nas in, and after the revolution people were happy as Jay-Z's commercial sound is decreasing. Nas rediscovered his hip-hop sound, and the people put him up 'cause that's what they want, and a real hip-hop artist is what the nation needs on top of rap highest crown. (yeah, I love my westcoast, but king of N.Y. seems to hold more weight that the king of L.A., no offense Snoop)

I'm not saying he's king because I say so... I'm saying that I REGARD him as the King of New York... my opinion.

One

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2002, 07:26:37 PM »

sales dont mean shit,  nelly sells more than any other rapper.  Does that make him tha king of rap,  fuck no.  And look at tha majority of those buyin jay-z.  A lot of them r tha same ones buyin nelly albums.  I honestly cant think of any real rap fans i know that like jigga,  fuck what tha pop music says,  its what tha real fans think.  

.:R-E-L:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • R-E-L...comin w/ that punk rap!  
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2002, 07:28:33 PM »
I dont believe Jay-Z will b able to comebak after that hit to tha head by Nas.....unless he is big on callabos (i.e hits like...fiesta)

This year he has to com w/ major heat to be bak on top of tha charts
Straight Outta Muthafuckin So. Kaliforn-i-a
909 805 310 323 213 818 661 949 714 609 415 619 562

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2002, 12:43:59 AM »
lol..what do you mean where"s Jigga?...-alive and breathen FOO...:)...Jigga ain"t gon nowhere ...i really really like when yall dramatise stuff....(*sarcazm*)

TOM...lol...if yo cusin don"t know any Jigga fans he prolly ain"t very talkative...:)...lol...r you kidden me?...

and even if it was true....who cares what people think ...get yo own opinion.....one of tha main things Jigga haters say is "heads dont like jigga"....sounds like insecure lil boppaz to me...
believe you me...REAl heads know what"z Jigga"s worth...there ain"t many peepz in tha game nowadays who can touch him lyriclly(and don"t throurh this bling bling BS)
cauze as I say TOPICS DON"T METTER AS Long as tha rapper knowes how to deliver his shit(lyrical structure,topical consistency)-not to say jigga rappz mo bling blings than any other rapper(not that it would metter)......you can"t dissmis rappers cause of shit they saying(their topics) and yall don"t like ....this is closed minded and samiliar to censourship....

so plz....cut tha anti-Jigga propoganda...if you don"t wanna buy hiz CDz than don"t by them...you don"t have to excuse yoself wit this LAAAAAAIM shit....just to ramain true fans in yo own eyes.
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

KVB

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2002, 12:44:37 AM »

sales dont mean shit,  nelly sells more than any other rapper.  Does that make him tha king of rap,  fuck no.  And look at tha majority of those buyin jay-z.  A lot of them r tha same ones buyin nelly albums.  I honestly cant think of any real rap fans i know that like jigga,  fuck what tha pop music says,  its what tha real fans think.  

Are you telling me I ain't a real hip-hop head ?
If yes, then FUCK YOU... plus Jay-Z is gonna definitely claim his throne this year with that "Welcome To New York City" track with Killa Cam... that's right, the R.O.C. is takin over, BITCH

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2002, 01:18:53 AM »
This is how I consider Nas a REAL artist & the MC who deserves to be crowned as the King of N.Y:

"One Mic".

Jay-Z CANNOT compete with that song, nothing Jay has ever recorded is as powerful/deep/meaningful/lyrical etc as that one song. Forget all the diss songs for a moment because I think we all agree anyway that "Ether" ripped Jigga apart. "One Mic" is a VERY important song, not only for Nas but for the whole hip-hop culture which is falling apart in terms of quality compared to a few years ago, this song represents everything hip-hop should be about, this song basically embaresses all the 'bling bling' orientated rappers out there including Jay-Z. Nas could give Jay the kick up the ass he needs, the kick that will make him make more records like "Reasonable Doubt".