Author Topic: Gold Standard  (Read 257 times)

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Gold Standard
« on: July 18, 2008, 12:53:53 PM »
is it possible to go back to teh gold standard after so much money was printed?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

J Bananas

Re: Gold Standard
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 04:29:24 PM »
well when our dollar becomes kindling essentially i'm sure we'll at least consider it.

dexter

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 10:20:35 AM »
well when our dollar becomes kindling essentially i'm sure we'll at least consider it.
it thought it already was  ::)    Isnt silver BETTER?

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:40:13 AM »
I'm not an economic expert, but it seems impossible to me. Once there's more money in print than backed by gold, I don't know who would be willing to bridge that gap. Nobody would be so stupid as to give away gold for free. Otherwise... I'm not sure how deflation and the gold reserve interact. That could be the answer, for all I know.

wilz

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 04:50:30 AM »
never mind gold, in the not so distant future, deals will be done in OIL not dollars or gold

[img]

dexter

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2008, 05:21:02 PM »
lol

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 09:02:03 AM »
not enough gold, plus at some point the US is gonna devalue their currency massively to dillute their $11 trillion of liabilities

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Suga Foot

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 10:27:06 AM »
I saw in a documentary that if the dollar went back to being backed by gold, it would be worth about 4 cents

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »

Word the thing to remember is this, they broke away from the gold standard in order to leverage out on a ratio of 60 to 1 plus. What that allows them to do is buy up and control the means of production, the land, tangible assets and then when things hit the fan like they are now, because leveraging surpasses real world economic activity by some 10 to 1, then we pay for it, we pay the taxes to plug the gap. This then allows them to then continuing creating new debt bubbles. The elite run everything but they will get reigned back in one of these days and if they push the middle class too hard because that is where they will try and suck the bulk of the money back from, then sooner or later the middle class will simply revolt but in the mean time they will look to place the blame on greedy people (consumers). The fundamentals will not be addressed and any reform will not be a reform for the better, it will instead be something which is bad for the people but will be dressed up as reigning them in.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:31:02 AM »
Fuck it. Let's just go back to the barter system.

dexter

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 09:43:51 AM »
I saw in a documentary that if the dollar went back to being backed by gold, it would be worth about 4 cents
4 cents is too high Try 2 cents if that ::)