Author Topic: Why is Andre3000 often mentioned as one of the best..  (Read 796 times)

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
Re: Why is Andre3000 often mentioned as one of the best..
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 02:14:20 PM »
if u wannabe technical bout the solo albums..

he actually did drop 2 solo albums...the 1st was packaged as a group album...

his 2nd solo was..

:P

his solos r out there...

andthe class of 3000 shit did pretty good...and was cool..my daugthers still enjoy it..

dre is one of the illest...but crazy u can try n denounce his rankin based off solo albums...rakim was in a group...

bun b is considered...n buns biggest verses todate come from a ugk album...not solo work..

u cant discredit his guest verses on other mc albums..n remixes..the shit with ice cube n jayz...tash's album...stuff with lloyd n nas...wayne ....rick ross...3stacks has enough feats to showcase his skills...his wiki..n discog page aint made for nuthin...and its nothin 2 put the titles in youtube...n hear the boy sick with the mic...

« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:20:32 PM by 3rd Coast »

mastdark81

• 'G'
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2013, 10:59:37 AM »
if u wannabe technical bout the solo albums..

he actually did drop 2 solo albums...the 1st was packaged as a group album...

his 2nd solo was..

:P

his solos r out there...

andthe class of 3000 shit did pretty good...and was cool..my daugthers still enjoy it..

dre is one of the illest...but crazy u can try n denounce his rankin based off solo albums...rakim was in a group...

bun b is considered...n buns biggest verses todate come from a ugk album...not solo work..

u cant discredit his guest verses on other mc albums..n remixes..the shit with ice cube n jayz...tash's album...stuff with lloyd n nas...wayne ....rick ross...3stacks has enough feats to showcase his skills...his wiki..n discog page aint made for nuthin...and its nothin 2 put the titles in youtube...n hear the boy sick with the mic...

Oh ok I'm going to give you those two unofficial solos just for topic of discussion.  With that said, what have the streets been saying about those two?  Beast mode on the mic?  Any other critically acclaimed other than your daughter? lol. 

He HAS been given respect off of lyricism in limited bars based on his guest appearances and group efforts point blank...therefore it wouldn't be fair to judge him with solo emcees that have carried full albums and have a larger catalogue rapping solo.

Bad example of Eric B & Rakim...Eric B was only the DJ and Big Boi was taken up 1 or 2 verses per track.  Eric B never received that opportunity so they were clearly Rakim songs.  Furthermore Rakim has had official albums solo outside of Eric B.

I aint' been hearing nothing about Bun B being one of the greats on the mic as I've with Andre.  So he's not overrated but I think peeps from the South and all over just respect him because he's been in the game for a long while and have produced classic music and down to collab whether your big or small.

Not trying to discredit him at all I just was saying your statement in my opinion is too much (one of the illest emcees) considering he ain't had that pressure to put together a few solo albums like others.  HE WINS THE 6TH MAN AWARD...but he ain't been in the game 48 minutes feel me as a starter do you feel me?  If you include those two unofficial albums...then to me those are weak efforts.

And in my original response was to the first poster, who was asking why was he often mentioned.

3rd Coast

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Showin naked ass in the great state of Texas
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 01:38:57 PM »
...when his peers in the rap game got him in their top 5 illicest...hell or do what marshall did on til i collapse...n put that list on wax....

your mine or anybody posted in this topic opinion matters...

because the one rapper alot ppl on this board...n across the world go nuts 4...said his list....n listed himself at 9....he didnt even have to mention none of them cats name but he did...

he knows...n do u think dre body of work solo wise matered...nannn...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:35 PM »
Bar for bar, song for song I'll take Nas, Pac and Marshall in a landslide bigger than anything I can even think of in a simile or metaphor to compare.

And I only mentioned those three because Andre has the workload to where I can see why people dig him like that. But if you want to count whose a better rapper and take out all that impact, discography, legacy nonsense, you can probably name 20 better than him.

cosign