Author Topic: Q-Tip  (Read 283 times)

The Watcher

Q-Tip
« on: May 01, 2002, 04:10:05 AM »
Is anyone else feelin' this cat at all? We get the Source a bit later here in Aust. we're maybe an issue or two behind you guys in the states, and the one with Master P+Lil Romeo on it has a great article about Q-Tip in it. Talkin about how hiphop is basically in a dyin form right now, with everyone going on about hoes, pimping, bling bling etc .. which couldnt be truer in my opinion. He's talkin about reviving hiphop with his new album, I think i'll be pickin this one up for sure. I just started listening to his earlier stuff, and im slappin myself now for sleepin' on this cat.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Youngster323

Re: Q-Tip
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 04:17:06 AM »
Q Tip is dope. A tribe called quest was dope

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2002, 07:20:45 AM »
I like Tip, people only seem to give him recognition for his stuff with Tribe though, which is a shame because even though I don't listen to "Amplified" much anymore it's still a solid album. I think critics were expecting him to come with something alot more consious on "Amplified". I also read the source article on him Mighty, it was an interesting read, gave a good insight on what to expect from his next release, "Kamaal The Abstract". I hear this release features alot of singing more than rapping from him though, & he's produced the whole thing himself which sounds interesting too. It's also only 9 tracks long!

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Joachim

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2002, 11:37:49 AM »
'Amplified' was wack, straight up, Tip can do so much better then that trash, he completely lost it on that album. All up in his 'Breathe & Stop' video with all the women shakin ass, now hes talking bout rappers sellin out hip hop, please.

Im one of the biggest Tribe fans around, which is probably why i was so disappointed in Tip, now hes off on some Jazz type vibe from what ive heard. But one day he'll refind focus and drop a banger imo, he's still a dope emcee at times...