Author Topic: MAC MINISTER GETS LIFE IN PRISON!  (Read 978 times)

zilla

Re: MAC MINISTER GETS LIFE IN PRISON!
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:09 PM »
^ you obviously missed Mac Minister's name before the "no snitching" segment. What I'm saying is, if you make it to America's Most Wanted, you're fucked from the get-go. There's word they eliminated the 2 black folks that was on that jury, so he got convicted by a bunch white folks from nowheres of Nevada.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2008, 04:42:05 PM »
crime don't pay

Sparegeez

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2008, 04:54:29 PM »
They sentenced him yesterday for the killing of Fat Tone in Vegas, which was committed in revenge for Mac Dre's death. I ain't never heard of a faster trial in my life, it barely lasted a week with not much evidence.. but it was enough I guess.. crazy shit.

fuck him

??? ??? ???

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2008, 05:38:44 PM »
fat tone was innocent
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2008, 05:59:55 PM »
The main evidence was that he was caught on an MGM grand camera leaving with Fat Tone not too long before he was gunned down. And it's reported Mac Minister brought Tone down to Vegas to meet Snoop Dogg.... and Snoop was supposed be called to take stand, but it never happened..

I don't think the jury gave a fuck about hearing this case out when they seen this clip:

LOL yeah one short speech is gonna change the whole mentality of people ???

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 12:52:37 PM »

San Francisco rapper Mac Minister (born Andre Dow), 37, was found guilty of two counts of first-degree murder and two counts of conspiracy to commit murder on Monday, in connection with the May 2005 slayings of 24-year-old Anthony "Fat Tone" Watkins and his 22-year-old friend, Jermaine "Cowboy" Akins. Authorities said the murders were the final shots fired in a bloody Midwest/ West Coast rap war.

According to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the District Court jury in Las Vegas found Dow guilty and recommended two life sentences without a chance of parole. He will be formally sentenced on September 24.

Dow, who has worked with Too Short and Snoop Dogg, first made headlines in 2000, when he got into a brawl with fellow Bay Area rapper E-40 at the Source Awards. Though he is somewhat of an underground figure in the larger rap world, his trial drew attention because his witness list included Snoop, who could have been called to testify in Dow's defense. Prosecutors claimed that Dow lured Watkins and Akins to their deaths with the promise of meeting Snoop to discuss a potential concert-promotion gig. But after the trial, one of Dow's attorneys said that upon reviewing the evidence, they didn't feel the need to question Snoop in court.

During the trial, prosecutors said that Dow and an accomplice, 29-year-old Jason Mathis, killed Akins and Watkins as part of a rap war between California rappers and Midwest MCs. Mathis' trial is scheduled to take place in Las Vegas this week. Dow is also accused of killing a potential witness in the case, 21-year-old prostitute Lee Danae Laursen, who had been living with Dow and Mathis. Her car was seen leaving the spot where Watkins and Akins were killed, and two days after their indictment for the murders, she was found shot in the head.

Prosecutors painted the murders of Akins and Watkins as retaliation for the November 2004 killing in Kansas City, Missouri, of Mac Dre (né Andre Hicks), an MC from Vallejo, California. (Read about Mac Dre's influence in the San Francisco hip-hop scene in the MTV News feature My Block: The Bay.) According to the Review-Journal, despite being cleared by police in Mac Dre's death, Watkins was still rumored to be linked to the murder, which was reportedly instigated by a dispute over payment for a concert.

Police said that Watkins and Akins were seen leaving their hotel with Dow hours before they were murdered at a construction site outside of Las Vegas. Dow's attorney said his client and Watkins were friends who had traveled together to pursue their music careers and were not rivals, but close associates. But when the verdict was read, the Review-Journal reported that Akins' mother broke down and cried, saying she was shedding "tears of joy."

Dow's reaction to the verdict after the weeklong trial was described as being more stoic. Once the jurors handed down the sentence, he told them, "God bless you all."

In July 2005, police pulled Dow over near the Golden Gate Bridge and he fled the scene. In his abandoned car, police reportedly found a documentary Dow had produced about his life and an article about the murders of Akins and Watkins. He was arrested a month later by the California Highway Patrol, and subsequently released. In November 2005, he was indicted on two counts of murder and conspiracy to commit murder, but remained at large.

While on the run, a source told MTV News, Dow recorded the intro to the Game's Doctor's Advocate. Shortly after being featured on Fox's "America's Most Wanted," the rapper was finally apprehended by police in a San Francisco apartment in March 2006.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1591311/20080722/mac_minister.jhtml

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 02:21:34 PM »
it took just few years - no investigations - a rapid verdict - FUCK THE GOVERMENT AND THE LAW

Okka

« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 03:01:59 PM »
didnt someone stomp dude out at the awards one year?

Yeah, it was E-40.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 03:05:54 PM »
thought he would get double life. hes a lifer now he'll be doin lot mroe crazier shit now.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

COMPTONRIDA1

« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2008, 11:24:11 PM »
HERES THE MINISTER IN THIS VIDEO CLIP CLOWIN..AT 8:40
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33483788
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 11:32:11 PM by COMPTONRIDA1 »

Elano

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 11:29:18 PM »
somebody can explain me what's really happen between fat tone and mac dre ?  ::)

AnybodyKilla

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 11:46:33 PM »
crazy shit, the last time i heard his voice was on games doctors advocate, "lookin at you" . .he should be inn mexico

What part was he on?

Bones01

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2008, 12:11:55 AM »
dam, hope shit works out for him

bullet_wrongkind

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2008, 03:47:23 AM »
crazy shit, the last time i heard his voice was on games doctors advocate, "lookin at you" . .he should be inn mexico

What part was he on?

he was on intro

So Parallel

• 'G'
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2008, 10:24:09 AM »
this is crazy .. me and my brother was talkin bout the whole fat tone thing and he was tellin me that many people in the yay think and feel it was a inside job as some of Thizz Ent did not get along ... well who knows