Author Topic: Dr. Dre Talks 'Detox: "I'm shooting for a November or December release"  (Read 3319 times)

Black Gloves

I guess Dre gotta turn to his female fanbase with the song with Lil Wayne.

Well thats 1 song i'll skip when Detox drops.

Im glad Jay and Nas on it tho. Hope they bring it heavy.

SMH if not Quik & Game is on it..ASS^MEN >:(

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Let me be the first to say, "LIVE DRUMS MOTHERFUCKERS, LIVE DRUMS!!!"

Also, I hope those usual suspects, who aren't usual at all, are not on it - hopefully that will just be a writer who doesn't know anything getting it wrong

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

Why Should Game be on Detox??^^
Wait and see..

Also, I hope those usual suspects, who aren't usual at all, are not on it - hopefully that will just be a writer who doesn't know anything getting it wrong
Hmmm....Nice Logic there!!!  ;)
It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

WestCoasta

wow...  he had to put Jay-Z on it  :grumpy:

Nas and Wayne are whatever, I like them but to hear them over Dre beats is not at the top of my list, very uninteresting to me

I don't care about this being a "Chronic 3" with the real usual suspects, but I hope he goes outside of the box when picking these guest spots

that little interview just sounds like shit everybody else would say... "trying to do different, got the hot guest spots, what feels good"

if Dre was as legendary as you'd think, he wouldn't need the hottest recycled rappers at the moment for this record

Black Gloves

Wait and see..

wtf...why shouldnt he???? wtf

he was his protoge and dre said he was gonna work with ppl he been workin with through the years

plus wasnt dre the same nigga that said that he didnt have no problem with game or 50 just months ago? and that if they ready to make music he ready for it..he a liar.

game done alot for the west these years..and if a fucking garbagen igga like Wayne can be on it or write for him (wtf) then why cant game?

kuruptDPG

damn thats gd to hear but i hope this album is majority guest featured from the west.

lil wayne stay out of it!!

Fatdodger

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WHUT UP FRED
  All "the usual suspects" will make guest appearances, including Nas, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.

Hypothetically speaking, i've  found one filler track already.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ok those fuckers are not the usual suspects keep it westcoast dre you punk ass bitch

REAL WESTCOAST G

I REP THAT WEST

Mackin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Can I Live Simply,So That Others can Simply Live..

Wait and see..

wtf...why shouldnt he???? wtf

he was his protoge and dre said he was gonna work with ppl he been workin with through the years

plus wasnt dre the same nigga that said that he didnt have no problem with game or 50 just months ago? and that if they ready to make music he ready for it..he a liar.

game done alot for the west these years..and if a fucking garbagen igga like Wayne can be on it or write for him (wtf) then why cant game?
^You've raised a few somewhat valid points there!
But at this stage, i can't really answer that question, until we know for certain who is going to feature on Detox.

Dre has made mention of his neutral stand on the whole "50/Game" beef. But who really knows how he feels behind closed Doors???

It ain't happenin, Bibles I'm still packin them
And jackin demons wit them 44 magnums" T-Bone

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
didn't he say the same thing last year?

fukk Detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

funkkid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
damn now i gotta deal with that rabbit looking nigga wayne on a dre album

The Flying Dutchman

• Muthafuckin' OG
  All "the usual suspects" will make guest appearances, including Nas, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne.

Hypothetically speaking, i've  found one filler track already.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

exactly, lil fuckin wayne??  what the hell is he doing on a dre record?

WestCoasta

I was thinking the other day, where does all this hate for Lil Wayne come from?

I'm not tryin to be a smartass or anything, I'm seriously wondering

I'm not a big fan but I got some tracks from all his albums on my iPod

when he's got a hard instrumental behind him he actually makes good shit

Black Gloves

I was thinking the other day, where does all this hate for Lil Wayne come from?

I'm not tryin to be a smartass or anything, I'm seriously wondering

I'm not a big fan but I got some tracks from all his albums on my iPod

when he's got a hard instrumental behind him he actually makes good shit

very very very very very very very overrated

for a cat with average skills to be called "Best Rapper Alive", "Best Rapper Of This Generation", "In The Top 10 List Of All Time" is fucking ridiculous. I understand the magazines tryna sell more magazines but kids buy into that shit.

I mean the way they talk about this dude make it seem like hes like 2pac when he was in his prime.

The dickriding for this dude is beyond stupid.

For a cat that been signed to CM since 11, to claim he a "5 star general" together with Baby, and muthafuckas actually ridin with that and tryna be bangers now

for a cat kissing his daddy, havin a tatto of Baby on his chest and then still get a pass from his dumb ass braindead ass fanbase from the South, but yet other rappers get called fake by the same people?

A cat that together with Soulja Boy is the poster boy for "Hip-Hop is dead". All they talkin about is "oh his swag, oh his swag".

Same thing with Plies and Ross. They the fakest niggas out but when they been exposed NOBODY cares about that shit..why? cuz they frm the South

« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 04:33:00 PM by Smoke Um »

MisterX

• 'G'
It's not gonna come out this year. Dre doesn't sound sure when he says, "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

the ghost

Yeah late in year releases are kinda hit/miss.  Big push to get out by Holiday season, so there might actually be someone breathing down Aftermath's back on this one.  I dunno how I feel about that.  It's been many years, so another few months ain't gonna kill anyone.  I'd rather he released it and felt it was 100 percent.