Author Topic: Dr. Dre Talks 'Detox: "I'm shooting for a November or December release"  (Read 3326 times)

jaytee

It's good that he's actually talking about the album but I'm not feeling Lil Wayne's inclusion.  I used to be a fan of him back in the day with the Hot Boyz but I can't stand him now. 

I'd like to know who the usual suspects are though, because they certainly aren't Jay, Nas or Wayne. 

BiggBoogaBiff

It's good that he's actually talking about the album but I'm not feeling Lil Wayne's inclusion.  I used to be a fan of him back in the day with the Hot Boyz but I can't stand him now. 

I'd like to know who the usual suspects are though, because they certainly aren't Jay, Nas or Wayne. 

tru...

but imagine tha physique of people in November tho (it's a marketing teams dream) 

Eminem will be back on tha scene ("King Mathers" will be more in the light and on peoples minds), Snoop will be promotin' his OG music *u know how his persona changes- especially wit' Dre, Ice Cube/Game would've cleared tha path 4 westcoast gangsta music 2 come back in2 tha mainstream (in this case mainstream underground).  Barack Obama will be PRESIDENT  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.  Tha Dogg Pound will be talkin more shit about their future projects 2 get people hyped on reminisin' about tha DeathRow days (that vibe will be in tha air, u can feel it comin' back now).  Real niggas will be on TV and percieved as intellectuals and warriors/survivors of extreme conditions rather than just thugs who r victims of oppression and etc.  Crooked I will be on everyones 2009 wish list (from tha west 2 tha east).  Game will be on his 2nd to last single e40 will have some new shit out and so will Strong Arm Steady and Ras Kass mite be free... lol i know this sounds kinda childish but if u can imagine how EXCITING tha 4th quarter of 08's hip hop scene will be then u can understand.  It's gona be a VERY VERY bright future 4 hip hop these next couple of years until tha new shit comes out and we have anotha discussion of how hip hop is dead and "baby"boy comes out wit "crank dat" record and causes EVERYBODY 2 dance and hate it at tha same time lol (fuckin losers).  Dre is gona deliver some Gangsta Alien Music and im sysched about tha shit... i dont know about u????
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 11:01:58 PM by BiggBoogaBiff »

'EclipZe

i first wanna see it before i believe anything...

YoungCrookedI

"All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece."

this line is interesting, if he wants to make an masterpiece with that person HE NEED TO WORK WITH CROOKED I !!!!!!!!!

BiggBoogaBiff

"All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece."

this line is interesting, if he wants to make an masterpiece with that person HE NEED TO WORK WITH CROOKED I !!!!!!!!!

i'd nut for endless nights and on lissenin 2 that shit

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
well at least this news makes a lot more sense than bishop's statements   :)

But he says he isn't interested in producing albums for established artists. Dre, who previously helped launch Eminem and 50 Cent, says his goal is to find who's next.

"All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person for a year and try to create another masterpiece.
sounds good  ;)
no need to produce an album for artists that ain't fresh anymore
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 01:46:55 AM by Dre-Day »

Dusan123

• 'G'
What was that cartoon sayin a few days ago?...year 2010 or 2020 or something for Detox....they might have gave an underestimate!
I'm a ten, you're just a fuckin' zero! - B-Real

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Live drums - sounds good.

But since when have Jay-Z, Nas and especiallyLil Wayne been a part of "the usual suspects" when it comes to a Dre record? I could see Nas or Jigga being there, since they've worked with Dre before & made hits, but Wayne? What the fuck?

Oh well, I don't think anything's set in stone yet. We'll still be waiting for some time for the record. If "in a perfect world" it would come out by the end of the year, then I guess the earliest realistic possibility is sometime next year.

Prof@ssor

Let's do the math...

6 months multiply that by 7 carry the 2 divide by 3 and add the 4...

My guess is 18 more months... January 2010...

We'll probably be out of Iraq before Detox drops...

Yeah, and we will also have attacked Iran by then.

k1000

Whoever is featuring on the cd, also, isn't anybody afraid of what the beats could sound like ?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Whoever is featuring on the cd, also, isn't anybody afraid of what the beats could sound like ?

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.200

Lazar

Is anyone really believing that "Detox" will drop in November/December? Didn´t they wanted to drop "The Reformation" about this time? So is Bishop now pushed back again or what?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Is anyone really believing that "Detox" will drop in November/December? Didn´t they wanted to drop "The Reformation" about this time? So is Bishop now pushed back again or what?

well i wouldn't bet all my money on it, but i never expected The Reformation to drop before Detox.

k1000

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=150187.200

ok. cheers.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
LMAO @ Lil wayne, Nas, and Jay being the usual suspects on a Dre album

this shit is going to be wack
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....