Author Topic: do ppl practising religion incorrectly & nationality segregate & divide people?  (Read 139 times)

morbidenigma

• Muthafuckin' Don!
imho.. it creates more harm then good..

religious ppl infact go opposite of what religion teaches.. which is to be tolerant of other people who aint the same as u.. in fact most of em are degrading and patronising towards others who dont have the same beliefs or as strong beliefs.. it creates division.. an attitude of im better then u.. it creates tensions and as history has proven .. alot of warfare..

nationality and patriosim does it too IMHO.. it creates a reason for saying im different/better then u.. again which creates tension..

opinions...

Elevz

Doesn't that go for anyone who believes in something? - the conviction that your belief is better or at least more right than that of those who don't believe in it... Otherwise you wouldn't believe in it. The difference is how many religions claim an unnatural openness and acceptance, whereas, as you pointed out, such an attitude would be strongly contradictory. At least people who are non-righteously convinced don't make such claims.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Fanaticism is the only type of willpower even the weak and insecure can be aroused for (Nietzsche)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin