Author Topic: The OFFICIAL "Why do YOU hate/like Lil Wayne?" thread  (Read 1185 times)

FLIXX

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Gardena 2 Da Fullest!!
Re: The OFFICIAL "Why do YOU hate/like Lil Wayne?" thread
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »
Of course I gotta respect Wayne and all the Cash Money Cats that's been doing there thang 4 a long time now, but this beef he done caught ain't cool at all..but what else is new? seems like that's what people do..He's on top right now,,and everyone wants 2 tear u down when that happens, when they was just bumpin yo shit.
Flixx

LOS SKANLESS NATIVE

« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2008, 02:15:38 PM »
Of course I gotta respect Wayne and all the Cash Money Cats that's been doing there thang 4 a long time now, but this beef he done caught ain't cool at all..but what else is new? seems like that's what people do..He's on top right now,,and everyone wants 2 tear u down when that happens, when they was just bumpin yo shit.

I'm wit ya on this one homie. Thats the real. These haterz lookin real thirsty and thats it.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2008, 03:18:46 PM »
his style is whack, his themes for his song is whack as fuck, he got skills but i cant stand listenin to his voice.

besides that nigga kisses another man? what teh fuck?

i like his ol school shit thoguh when he was kinda on that westcoast tip

Lil Wayne - Fuck The World

Lil Wayne - Everything

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

G-Funk

« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2008, 03:22:35 PM »
He has the most annoying, not to mention "nasal problem" sounding voice.
And I've never really found his music mind-blowing or appealing.

Ezekiel Whitmore

« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2008, 03:32:14 PM »
Lil Wayne = Garbage. Lil Wayne Fans = Morons...

Come and get my karma... Haha

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2008, 04:52:46 PM »
His voice is incredibly annoying as is pretty difficult to understand at times, his beats aren't to my taste and he seems incapable of putting together a consistent album. He's nowhere near being the best that hiphop has to offer right now and it is sad to see him being put forward as such by the mass media.

OchoCinco

« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2008, 07:41:45 PM »
i used to hate him for some reason but then i listened to the carter 1 and was like damn

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2008, 07:46:24 PM »
i used to hate him for some reason but then i listened to the carter 1 and was like damn

and 2 was damn good too! it was somewhere between 2 & 3 he just switched up his style, completely.

HimselfTheMajestic

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2008, 09:10:03 PM »
He's like a lot of rappers - the odd moment of brilliance, lots of average performances and some awful ideas as well. He's the kind of rapper a lot of people hate automatically because the 'stans' insist on praising him automatically. As I've said several times, he's neither as good or as bad as the respective camps make out. But 'Tha Carter III' was genuinely a pretty good album.

If anyone could coax a classic perfomance out of him, it would be Dre. He doesn't need Wayne on Detox to help it sell: if he really has decided to put him on there, it's because the two of them together have cooked up something special.

i agree with this dude.

my opinion basically, dude was whack when he was young.
he got sick on carter II. his metaphors were a bit more on point.
they were a lot harder on this album. his flow was more understandable and clean.
but it wasn't that different or anything to write home about yet.
mixtapes...wow, so many good verses and lines. his whole style
was just way more sick, more confidence, brutal punclines(check the throw some d's remix).
this is when i started digging his shit.

carter III was a big let down for me. why? because ALL of the
tracks that were left off the album were better then the actual album.

yo for real though, peep all the tracks he left off, them shits were classic material.
i think he just exhausted himself creatively and got on the lean way too much.

i think if he calmed down on the syrup and all that weird shit he was pulling on songs,
and took more time on his shit again, hell get back up to par.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »
He's like a lot of rappers - the odd moment of brilliance, lots of average performances and some awful ideas as well. He's the kind of rapper a lot of people hate automatically because the 'stans' insist on praising him automatically. As I've said several times, he's neither as good or as bad as the respective camps make out. But 'Tha Carter III' was genuinely a pretty good album.

If anyone could coax a classic perfomance out of him, it would be Dre. He doesn't need Wayne on Detox to help it sell: if he really has decided to put him on there, it's because the two of them together have cooked up something special.

i agree with this dude.

my opinion basically, dude was whack when he was young.
he got sick on carter II. his metaphors were a bit more on point.
they were a lot harder on this album. his flow was more understandable and clean.
but it wasn't that different or anything to write home about yet.
mixtapes...wow, so many good verses and lines. his whole style
was just way more sick, more confidence, brutal punclines(check the throw some d's remix).
this is when i started digging his shit.

carter III was a big let down for me. why? because ALL of the
tracks that were left off the album were better then the actual album.

yo for real though, peep all the tracks he left off, them shits were classic material.
i think he just exhausted himself creatively and got on the lean way too much.

i think if he calmed down on the syrup and all that weird shit he was pulling on songs,
and took more time on his shit again, hell get back up to par.

ur right about the tracks that were left off the album. but i mean he would not have sold with them on. people wouldnt buy an album filled with songs that have all been out for months. i mean dude did sell 2 million, regardless of the content, so hes doing something right. i would imagine his next album will be called "Tha Carter IV", and i have a feeling it is going to be a similar album, concidering C3 did so well.

D-Stress

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2008, 02:53:43 AM »
He´s Original With His Style,Flow,Rhymes,etc. I Liked Carter I,II didnt check out III yet.
i hardly listen to some non-west coast stuff but lil wayne Carter I,II was in my CD player for weeks.

Croatian Pimp

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2008, 12:29:08 PM »
FUK LIL WAYNE HE A BITCH DAT IS FUCKEN WHACK I DONT CARE HOW MANY ALBUMS HE SELLS HE STILL FUCKEN WHACK ASS FUK N SO IS DR DRE DRE IS LUCKY EAZY-E DIED KUZ E N DRESTA N B.G KNOCC OUT WOULD BUST THESE FAKE WANNA BE GANGSTAS

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2008, 02:46:51 PM »
aite this is my input on him:
everything is from a fans point of view period

1.lyrically, dont think hes near as bein the best alive period
i have given a number of his songs a listen and hes nothin special
-to where im suprised
-glad i checked for his muzik
-missed out on any fire/bangin traccs

im not sayin he wacc, but damn hes nowhere near the top.
and IMO and in my playlist id listen to
rakim, krs one, the greats shit even jay-z and im not a big jay fan.
but wayne hes doin too much, way too much
and I think hes tryin way too hard to be the best!

the lyrics have to speak for itself and wit him, it dont IMO
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Mygla

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
damn I gotta agree wit everyone you said

haha fuckin industry thinks, agrees or anyone thinks this piece is the best the world has to offer is on 1 for real
LIl Eazy>>>>>LIl wayne

His voice is incredibly annoying as is pretty difficult to understand at times, his beats aren't to my taste and he seems incapable of putting together a consistent album. He's nowhere near being the best that hiphop has to offer right now and it is sad to see him being put forward as such by the mass media.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 02:43:27 PM by enyce »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.