Author Topic: New experimental JmJ Mix  (Read 739 times)

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
New experimental JmJ Mix
« on: September 19, 2002, 12:38:03 AM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New experimental JmJ Mix
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 10:51:53 AM »
well it's been awhile and your shit is still on top and on point...your mixes are always enjoyed fa sho...it's been awhile since we talked though...

this experimental stuff isn't that bad, some of it is real dope, some is ehh, but nothing is bad...

the beat that starts at 3:31 is off the hook, that's some deep shit there...

good mix though, i'm a pm you though, peace.

Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2002, 02:43:49 PM »
HOLY SHIT...a new jay mix?

CANT wait till its done downloadin...PeAcE

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 02:30:59 PM »
Aight...First off, lemme start by saying I dont like the way u mixed this...U didn't fade out the beats or anything, so it's hard to tell where one beat ends and one beat starts...No big deal tho...

First beat: Sounds real experimental, like something I've never heard before...It's pretty cool though, I like it...I didnt like that Guitar u used tho, becuase it sounds like a common Fruity Loops sample...Other than that, it's a good beat...

Second Beat: I like how it starts out with that dope loop, and that Nintendo bass/sound coming in...It sounds tite, like a HipHop/Trance beat...Like A club banger fo' sho'...BUT, the voice sample is annoying...Maybe if I could tell what the guy was saying, it wouldn't be as bad...Overall, this is a banger!

Third Beat: Damn, no one does the laid back shit better than Jay...I love when u come with this type of shit...This kinda sounds like tha beat u did for that Nexus track "Expectations"...I think it's dope as fuck, but the snare is too loud...If u lowered it a little, this would be a 10...Dope as Fuck!

Fourth Beat: Hell yea! This shit is dope as fuck!...Sounds like a Timbaland beat, no doubt...I love it...Just somethin to bob your head too, naa'msayin?...Even tho it's a tiny bit repetitive, i still think it's pure dopeness...

Overall: I definently heard better from u, but like u said this is expermentil...It's good to have diversity...and even tho i heard better from u, this mix is still better than any beats being dropped on WCC...Lovin it...PeAcE

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2002, 02:07:39 AM »
thx for ya feedback...

yeah this mix wasn t "mixed" right because i didn t have the time to do it...

and yeah , none of theez beats is mixed yet so there s still something to loud and shit...,.,.lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2002, 09:22:19 AM »
thx for ya feedback...

yeah this mix wasn t "mixed" right because i didn t have the time to do it...

and yeah , none of theez beats is mixed yet so there s still something to loud and shit...,.,.lol

word...Shits dope either way...

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2002, 09:02:59 PM »
Yo Jay, I wanna download some of your remixes from back in teh day and even new ones if you got any, and if you got a site where i can just download full versions of ur beats, holla at me with that too...

as for this mix u just did. They just got better and better as they went along. The first one was a little too wierd for me, it sounded like some wierd wanna be timbaland shit, no offense, and sccit was right about that fruityloop soundin guitar. The second one was dope for sure, love the nintendo bass thing as sccit puts it. The third beat is dope as fuck, nothing else to say, just pure hotness (honestly, did you use samples for that beat?). And for the last beat, !DOPE! as well. The two last ones were my favorites.

Ay, what equipment do u use just curious??? I mean you come out with these dope as beats and melodies and shit that all sound like real ass non-cheap instruments or sounds, but then the quality for some reason is never clear. So I'm wondering, what is it that you use exactly, from the keyboard to the mixing program to the soundcard and all that shit???
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2002, 01:02:07 AM »
yo phiasko...

i use sooo many different shit but most of it is hardware no software.
but that one sound was indeed from a fruity soundpack i found on the net.
as far as the melodies go:damn dogg u gotta have some inspiration there s no programm for that shit (yet)...lol
i got an old mpc2000 now an i m fuckin around with it a little.
+ u r on point about that smooth beat there s a sample in it...lol this is hip hop

as for the remixes i only got ´the nas one luv and the how high pt1 remix from this year i don t know where i got all these old remixes sorry

jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2002, 01:07:51 AM »
+ link=board=thalab;num=1032431883;start=0#6 date=09/24/02 at 02:02:59]So I'm wondering, what is it that you use exactly, from the keyboard to the mixing program to the soundcard and all that shit???

yo this is the last time i ll tell u guys because IMO a real producer shouldn t tell what he uses to create music he should just do it the way he wants....

i got a Gina 24 soundcard from echo
a spirit folio 4 soundcraft mixer
a gem ws keyboard workstation
akai mpc 2000
a korg synthi...
logic/cubase/protools/´+even the fruityloops

a combination of all this shit above is what i work with ...

peace

+[=PHI@SK0=]+

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2002, 06:10:55 PM »
as another producer I was just curious... thanks tho. 1
Please visit http://www.hubba.com/phiasko to download/listen to quality beats and remixes produced but Phiasko.[/glow]
Naz-T - Frontline LP (Coming Soon)
http://www.nazt-and-phiasko.cjb.net
Produced by: Phiasko
[/glow]