Author Topic: Wanna know a good question I just found..  (Read 318 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Wanna know a good question I just found..
« on: July 23, 2008, 08:11:05 PM »
On this website I guess you'd call it.

How much of a role do parents play in the psychology development of a child? And does it play a role at all?

And here's mines, if a mother is pregnant with a child, can her thoughts have any affect on the development of the baby. Like say she is miserable and moody, subconsciously, with her life and she is upset and unhappy, can the child come out depressed, or if the mother feels neglected in a certain way, can the child be born with neglect? I've been wondering this for a minute.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
Re: Wanna know a good question I just found..
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 12:06:12 AM »
On this website I guess you'd call it.

How much of a role do parents play in the psychology development of a child? And does it play a role at all?

And here's mines, if a mother is pregnant with a child, can her thoughts have any affect on the development of the baby. Like say she is miserable and moody, subconsciously, with her life and she is upset and unhappy, can the child come out depressed, or if the mother feels neglected in a certain way, can the child be born with neglect? I've been wondering this for a minute.

i dont think it matters while the child is in the mother, but when its growing up i think they pick up the habits of their parents. no matter who they are they pick up the same bad n good habits of the parents because they been exposed to it all their life.

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:09:41 AM »
^
or the kids will look at their parents and learn like NOT to be like....

Elevz

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 08:42:50 AM »
Have you thought of hormones? It's a well known fact unborn children are directly affected by the hormones and other matters running through the body of the mother. The development of the child is directly affected by all of this, through being directly connected to the mother. That's how you get ghetto children who are born drug addicts; that's why the child of a smoking mother develops so poorly until its birth. Yes, it is very likely that the balance of hormones and adrenaline (including the hormones that go hand in hand with happiness) play a fundamental role in the development of an unborn child. Its backlash can be felt long after the child is born, but the question is whether such things have a deciding role in the happiness of the child later on in life. There's a lot of other influences kicking in there, from the way a child is brought up to environmental influences to the biological structure of a child. No matter which way you put it though, it is extremely likely that the mental well-being of a mother during pregnancy has far reaching consequences for the later life of the child.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 03:55:02 PM »
Hormones, nahhh, haven't thought of that.

So propz to all for ya'll replies.

Australian Bastard

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 06:45:54 PM »
That's how you get ghetto children who are born drug addicts; that's why the child of a smoking mother develops so poorly until its birth.

yeah damn thats some tragic shit....

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »
that's why the child of a smoking mother develops so poorly until its birth.

damn it imma have to back hand moms now...i coulda been in the NBA god damn it....

Elevz

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 05:33:44 AM »
I hope I didn't kill the topic with that... lol. Anyway, I just noticed your question was somewhat more specific:

Like say she is miserable and moody, subconsciously, with her life and she is upset and unhappy, can the child come out depressed, or if the mother feels neglected in a certain way, can the child be born with neglect?

It's not about the exact mindstates such as feeling neglected or worthless, but more about the hormones (or the lack thereof) that are involved with such moods. What exactly goes on inside the mind of the mother doesn't make the difference; the difference is made by the effects that the mother's mind has on the state of the rest of her body, which then does influence the body of the fetus.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »
I hope I didn't kill the topic with that... lol. Anyway, I just noticed your question was somewhat more specific:

Like say she is miserable and moody, subconsciously, with her life and she is upset and unhappy, can the child come out depressed, or if the mother feels neglected in a certain way, can the child be born with neglect?

It's not about the exact mindstates such as feeling neglected or worthless, but more about the hormones (or the lack thereof) that are involved with such moods. What exactly goes on inside the mind of the mother doesn't make the difference; the difference is made by the effects that the mother's mind has on the state of the rest of her body, which then does influence the body of the fetus.
Okay, I see it. I get you, propz for the replies.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 08:27:43 AM »
that's why the child of a smoking mother develops so poorly until its birth.

damn it imma have to back hand moms now...i coulda been in the NBA god damn it....
LOL