Author Topic: New Dubb Interview! (Mr White 2/West Coast/Upcoming Tapes/More!)  (Read 186 times)

Lunatic

I had the blessed opportunity to once again hook up with Dubb for yet another brand new exclusive interview! Although it's only been a few months since we last spoke, Dubb has been busy preparing and releasing new mixtapes! The interview heavily features on breaking down his latest mixtape "Mr White 2"!

Be sure to read the entire interview as Dubb also takes up a strong stand against those who claim the west coast has no lyricists!

Raptalk had the blessed opportunity to once again hook up with Dubb for yet another brand new exclusive interview! Although it's only been a few months since we last spoke, Dubb has been busy preparing and releasing new mixtapes! The interview heavily features on breaking down his latest mixtape "Mr White 2"!

Be sure to read the entire interview as Dubb also takes up a strong stand against those who claim the west coast has no lyricists!

Q: We’re here with Dubb; how you doing right now?

Doing the same thing as always; doing these mixtapes, putting them out non-stop until my name stays in people’s ear and just make sure that I don’t fall off; I have to keep going until I get where I want to be and then when I get there, I have to keep going continually regardless.

Q: Real talk. Congrats on releasing your new tape,” Mr. White 2.”

Yes!

Q: how does this tape differ from part 1 in the series?

I wouldn’t say that it’s0 different, but it is better; There was more hooks and songs on the last one. This one has more spitters, its rawer; in one word, I would describe it as being rawer overall than part one.

Q: What songs in your opinion make it rawer?

The ones with no hooks. Spazzin, Do Dat’ Der’, the Louie Bag freestyle, just the ones with no hooks where I’m just going, straight spitting.

Q: Do you have a favorite song on it and why

I really don’t have a favorite, but if I had to pick one, I would probably say “Do Dat Der

Q: why?

‘Cause the whole concept of the song; I’m going at people’s heads low key if you really listen to it. I’m talking a gang of shit on that record but I’m backing it up at the same tine. Listen to it. 

Q: In our last interview, you mentioned having features lined up, can go into more detail about that at this time?

I did with a song with Dolla from Konvict Music, that’s one right there. Another feature is doing stuff with people in my camp, Hood’z Finezt. That includes Soco, Dre (Vishis), (Young) slap, Charlie Hood, Lo Pro, Black, Era and just everyone from my camp that features on my mixtape. I don’t really mess with anyone but Hood’z Finezt. There are my homies and it’s still hard to pull major features as I am still unsigned. You know how messed the game is, but you have to mess with other unsigned artists that you run into and certain people will show you love back and feel your name in the streets. 

Q: Well it seems to be working because Hood’z Finezt is working and moving, staying active.

I’m trying, that is all we can do. You get what you put in, and I am putting a lot in my art. I want to be at the top in a little bit.

Q: You also mentioned that your name is getting a buzz without you doing any shows; can we expect you to begin doing shows soon??

I do some shows here and there; other than that I stay on the mixtape grind but I will start doing more shows soon. The reason I don’t want to do shows yet is because I want to into my shows with an official single, I don’t want to just perform random songs of mine. I want to go in with an official set of amount of songs I have at each venue. I don’t want to just be doing songs, just record this and perform it today and so on. Nah, I want an official single I can push and get in there ear, it’s my single, you feel me? I do stuff prepared and I do not feel as if I am prepared yet for shows. Plus I don’t have the hard copies of my mixtapes to be passing out. I do everything organized but right now everything I do is with little to no financial backing.

Q: That’s the way it has to be if you want to be successful this early in your career.

I want everything I do to be in order; I don’t like just doing stuff. I’m still young, I turned 21 this year. I’m sure labels are looking at me, I am getting there attention.

Q: What is the label situation like?

I don’t know which one yet because my manager is cool with The Game and Black Wall Street, but he is also cool with Konvict Music. He is working the avenues and has me looking at certain situations. There are some little plugs here and there that I am going to keep under wraps. We will see what happens.

Q: Good luck!

Thanks, I appreciate it.

Q: I know you stay working, so does that mean some new mixtapes are already in the works?

(Laughs) Yeah.

Q: Details!

I’m going to give them to you. “Mr. White 2” is out right now. I am in the works with Big Mike about hosting South Central’s own part 3, which is the final installment. We did Part one, two and now three is going to be the finale hosted by Big Mike and Digital Product. Right after that, I am going to start a new mixtape series called “I love Rap.” I got a new tattoo on my chest that says “I love Rap.” Just a little crazy statement that I tatted on myself. I’m going to start that series, so I am working on those two right now.   

Q: When can we expect “South Central’s Own Pt.3” to be released?

I don’t want to say a certain date or month, but definitely before 2008 is in the books.

Q: And top of 2009, you will drop “I Love Rap” pt.1?

Probably top of 2009, yeah.

Q: Props for all the info. How do you formulate your lyrics? Do you write them down or do you freestyle in the booth?

A lot of fans don’t know that when an artist says they freestyle their verses, they don’t really go in the booth and freestyle. They write it down in there head. Jay-Z will sit and listen there to a beat for hours on end and write his verse down in his head. He memorizes his words instead of physically writing them down.

Q: Which of those do you do?

Sometimes I do it in my head, or in my sidekick; depends on that day and on the situation. If my sidekick battery is dead, I will memorize the lyrics in my head. Other than that, I use my sidekick. That’s how I do it. And how I am feeling that day dictates what I write about.

Q: And what about a beat grabs your attention?

No certain beat or instrument grabs me, I know certain rappers are attracted to certain beats but I don’t really know which instrument or beat grabs me. If I think the beat is hot, go and rap over it. I like all different beats; slow, fast, piano’s, you never know what grabs me. Whatever I am feeling.

Q: What do you have to say to those people who claim that the west coast has no lyricists?

Aw man, that statement is disrespectful.

Q: I agree.

Real disrespectful.

Q: Especially when we have artists like yourself.
I am from the west coast and I am lyrical. Not to be cocky, but I can go toe to toe lyrically with the best in the game. If they don’t think what I am saying is lyrical, than what is lyrical? If they don’t think I am lyrical, what is?

Q: I asked because you are lyrical.

If I ain’t lyrical, Cassidy isn’t lyrical? Jadakiss isn’t lyrical? Lloyd Banks ain’t lyrical? If I’m not lyrical, who is? Saying there’s no lyrics on the west coast is like saying I am not from the est coast or that I am not doing anything for my coast or they have just never heard of me.

If there are no lyricists on the west, there are no lyricists in the game putting out albums, period. My whole team is lyrical, Hood’z Finezt is lyrical. There are no lyrics on the west coast? There are a lot of lyrics out west even outside my group as well.

That’s a very disrespectful statement.  Just like how there is no lyrical southern cats on TV but if you go down south, people are spitting out there as well. You have to look for them.

Q: How are you feeling outside your own camp??

A lot of people; Top Dawg Ent, shouts out to Jay Rock, K.Dot, all of them. Ya Boy is dope. Who else? I can’t really think right now.

Whoever is out here doing there thing, I got respect for them on the west. I don’t have a problem with anyone who’s trying to help the west coast.

It’s in a bad state and I want to help the coast by getting myself out here along with Hood’z Finezt. I want Dubb and Hood’z Finezt to be a household name. I want to help take the west coast back to where it’s supposed to be.

Q: Where does Dubb see himself in 5 years?

I’m at awards shows snatching them. I have multiple houses and multiple cars. I am living well at the top of the game and I have a plaque or two. In five years, I am in there. I see myself getting assigned no later that next year

Q: Keep us updated on the label situation.

I’m going to keep you updated, that’s why I told you to hit me up.

Q: I appreciate the love.

Ofcourse, it’s why I hit u up.

I just see myself out here and a problem with us black people is that we settle for less. People my age that are rapping think they can’t make it cause’ there a bit older. I got out at 18 years old on the Black Wall Street Journal mixtape. I’m now 21 and I am not losing hope. If anything, I am getting closer. I’m getting older, but that doesn’t mean I won’t make it.

Q: 21 years old, you’re young.

Exactly, I can just now go in the store and buy something to drink. We settle for less and I am not the type pf person who settles for less. I will not be coming home to my wife and kids in a mini van after working an eight hour shift. I don’t see myself doing that for the rest of my life. You only have one life to live, do what you want to do. Don’t do nothing wrong against God, but besides that, do whatever you want; you should be able to. If i want a mansion, I can get it. If I want ten cars, I can get it. I’m not settling for less.

Q: No doubt. Do you have any last words for the fans before I let you go?

www.myspace.com/officialdubb  check for me and that’s all. Thanks for all the support.

Be sure to download "Mr White 2" on the official Dubb myspace page mentioned above!

read the full article/interview here: http://raptalk.net/website/content/view/671/54/
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 03:50:31 PM by Rud »
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: New Dubb Interview! (Mr White 2/West Coast/Upcoming Tapes/More!)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »
propz Lun, Mr. White 2 was fire!!

THEREALBWS

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 03:41:29 PM »
DUBB is ill

Black Gloves

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 03:58:59 PM »
naw dude is average.

i mean real talk he is dope BUT imo the shit thats holdin him back is his weak flow.

nigga need to start improvin his fuckin breath control, learn how to stay on the beat and shit.

Lunatic

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 04:07:18 PM »
props to all providin feedback!

cantcnOrBMe

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:15:02 PM »
naw dude is average.

i mean real talk he is dope BUT imo the shit thats holdin him back is his weak flow.

nigga need to start improvin his fuckin breath control, learn how to stay on the beat and shit.

LMAO....r u listening to the right Dubb?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 07:20:26 PM by Mr West »

Black Gloves

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 04:17:15 PM »
naw dude is average.

yeah fool.

dude breathes heavy between every bar, shit.

plus he cant keep a beat.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 06:38:02 PM by Smoke Um »

RHustle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 06:01:04 PM »
naw dude is average.

yeah fool.

dude breathes heavy between every bar, shit.

plus he can keep a beat.

i think thats when mixing comes into play....ur right u can hear his breaths between bars but i think hes mostly released stuff for mixtapes not albums so maybe thats why...no professional mixing possibly

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 08:15:18 PM »
thx for the love!