Author Topic: ??? NaS - I Am (Pre-Release Version) ???  (Read 430 times)

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
??? NaS - I Am (Pre-Release Version) ???
« on: July 26, 2008, 04:59:06 PM »
Anyone have any info on this version...  ???  apparently, I Am was supposed to be a double-disc album, but was changed because it was bootlegged heavily before release... i know some tracks ended up on the Lost Tape album, but does anyone have this album or a track list ???

Peace!

Blood$

Re: ??? NaS - I Am (Pre-Release Version) ???
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 05:11:47 PM »
I think I heard somewhere that Nastradamus had alotta tracks that were going to be on it as well, and that is why it ended up as a whole separate album later that year?

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 05:59:48 PM »
the original concept for i am was for it to be a double album about the life of nas... chronicling his beginning (his actual birth, as in fetus/belly button window), childhood, teenage years, rise to fame, and future. You can pick out a bunch of tracks that show that off throughout i am/lost tapes, and I believe a few (very small number) ended up on nastradamus.

other stuff has never been officially released, but we have it because of the leak

underdog

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 06:06:37 PM »
damn, thats crazy, makes me wanna make a tape from those tracks in order and let itplay

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 06:55:13 PM »
the original concept for i am was for it to be a double album about the life of nas... chronicling his beginning (his actual birth, as in fetus/belly button window), childhood, teenage years, rise to fame, and future. You can pick out a bunch of tracks that show that off throughout i am/lost tapes, and I believe a few (very small number) ended up on nastradamus.

other stuff has never been officially released, but we have it because of the leak

Sounds like you got it, any chance for an upload
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 07:12:21 PM »

Sounds like you got it, any chance for an upload

nah, all I have is the three lps (i am nastradamus + lost tapes)

i have a gang of unreleased nas stuff but for most of it I have no idea from what time period its from.

lookout for these tracks though, they were on the I Am sampler:

Day Dreamin, Stay Scheamin
Sometimes I Wonder
Hardest Thing is to Stay Alive
Wanna Play (Rough?)
Fetus (Belly Button Window)
The Curse

Michael

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 07:33:03 AM »
Im pretty sure Fetus was the bonus track off The Lost Tapes....im pretty sure i have it sumwer...

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 12:53:08 PM »
I rememeber reading it somewhere but cant think where !!!

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »
"Amongst Kings" was going to be on it.  It was going to be the final track after "Undying Love".
So the album would have started with his birth ("Fetus") to his death/suicide and afterlife.   

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
I posted this in the spot a few months ago.

i B 2 QUIK 2 c

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 03:55:26 PM »
^^^ just found that Nas "grab bag"... Props for the link!

PEACE!

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 07:46:55 PM »
Im pretty sure Fetus was the bonus track off The Lost Tapes....im pretty sure i have it sumwer...

its on every print of the album iirc

conor48

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Creeping On Ah Come Up..

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 08:36:22 AM »
^Good lookin' conor48, my version is different from the one you posted & it isn't a double CD. I'm kinda confused now cause with the retail that makes 4 different versions. Anyways the tracklist to my version is below:

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 08:55:26 AM »
^Good lookin' conor48, my version is different from the one you posted & it isn't a double CD. I'm kinda confused now cause with the retail that makes 4 different versions. Anyways the tracklist to my version is below:

thats just the advance, sent out to reviewers and shit a bit before the album was finalized and pressed. back in the day you'd see alot of advances being leaked instead of the actual retail album, now its the other way around

what conor put up is the bootleg shit that leaked out and caused nas to dro pthe double album concept. there never was a finalized tracklist for the full concept because of that