Author Topic: Onyx - All We Got Iz Us  (Read 573 times)

Okka

Re: Onyx - All We Got Iz Us
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »
...put into perspective, amidst other music of its time! Now that does include the good doctor, doesn't it? ;)

Yeah, he's my favorite producer of all times but the thing is, i did not even know that Fredro made beats and i've always liked these dark beats on this album, and then i checked the credits and i noticed that most of the album was produced by him, so i was suprised, ya feel me?

Sikotic™

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 01:57:20 PM »
This is the album with Last Dayz on it right?

Straight grimy.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Elevz

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2008, 05:04:39 AM »
...put into perspective, amidst other music of its time! Now that does include the good doctor, doesn't it? ;)

Yeah, he's my favorite producer of all times but the thing is, i did not even know that Fredro made beats and i've always liked these dark beats on this album, and then i checked the credits and i noticed that most of the album was produced by him, so i was suprised, ya feel me?

Yup.

Young Old Head

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2008, 07:54:15 AM »
this album was hot. too bad they fell off

Cash Money Blood Gang

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »
Now I know you didn't say Fredro Starr is the best East Coast producer, but Dr. Dre is generally regarded as (at least one of) the best musician(s) in westcoast rap, as well as hiphop on a whole.

Yeah, i know that. But we ain't talkin about Dre ;) We are talkin about "All We Got Iz Us" from Onyx :D

It's all opinions though, but i like this album very much, cause it's dark like somebody said allready.

I used to be a huge fan of Onyx some years ago, but somehow this album never did it for me. I always liked Bacdafucup and Shut 'em Down a lot better. Perhaps it was all a bit too dark and grimey for me - I don't know, but it felt to me that it was all a lot less musical and more aggressive, just for the sake of being aggressive. Just didn't really do it for me. I know that now, years later, I wouldn't even be able to listen to one Onyx song all the way through. Funny how times change.
I"m actually surprised anyone actually liked that album :o.  I agree with you on the 1st 3 sentences.  Only the Bacdafucup did it for me.  I bought it without listening to it in the mid 90's.  I saw the cool album cover, it was Onyx...i'd figure i'd like that album too.  Wasted my money.  I should've bought the Bacdafucup CD.  I only had the cassette at the time.