Author Topic: Anyone Know Alternative For Digital Performer FOR PC??!?!?!?  (Read 107 times)

ecrazy

Anyone Know Alternative For Digital Performer FOR PC??!?!?!?
« on: January 30, 2005, 06:05:56 PM »
anyone Know Alternative For Digital Performer FOR PC??!?!?!?

I use DP @ school, but i dont have a MAC at home, i use PC....anyone know anything similar to this program, thats cheaper as well?? Thanks in advance

ecrazy

Re: Anyone Know Alternative For Digital Performer FOR PC??!?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 02:46:32 PM »
bump

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 03:35:59 PM »
never even heard of it, what is it?

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:10:56 PM »
i think i heard of it but what u use it for ? for some reason i'm thinking video editing

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 01:49:22 PM »
Digital Performer is DOPE!  Thats the first program I learned in school.  Its an awesome program for Music on the mac, but yeah MOTU does not support any PC's with their software.  If you are looking for a program for the PC, theres a few you can choose.  I use Cubase SX.  Its an awesome Midi sequencer, and Audio platform.  I record, mix, and master everything on SX.  It is a little hefty price, I believe around 700, Im not sure.  But you can also go with Cakewalk, and other programs.  You can also look on the net, and find places to download cracked copies of these programs...  but anyway, SX is the way to go, if you want something similiar to DP. 

If you got any questions on it, ask away.  Ill help u out.

ecrazy

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2005, 08:11:34 PM »
how similar is it to DP?? what are the major differences, im trying to download it now, thanks in advance

BIGMOZ

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 10:19:33 AM »
Well its VERY similiar to DP.  The differences are some of the layout.  Of course you will have to learn about the new layout, how to edit the midi score, list editor, drum editor, things of that nature...but the cool thing is that a drum editor in DP is very similiar to SX.  Some things are just flipped around....but if you know know one program, its pretty easy to learn the other.  Id also suggest downloading the video tutorials for SX.  It will help you really understand the program.  Are you getting SX 2?

KonSICKwence / Ine

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 07:29:36 PM »
sonar 3 producer edition is the big boy on pc. then pro tools the cubase sx in my opinion. if you jsut want to multi track cop adobe audition 1.5

sonar 3 has the most features and is a full out sequencer with a software version of a lexicon reverb inside it. it is the most powerful sequencer out of all I think both mac and pc. but it has a learning curve so be prepared. but if you know digital performer I think you should catch on pretty quick. plus there are osme good tutorials with in it.

ecrazy

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2005, 09:18:12 PM »
Well its VERY similiar to DP. The differences are some of the layout. Of course you will have to learn about the new layout, how to edit the midi score, list editor, drum editor, things of that nature...but the cool thing is that a drum editor in DP is very similiar to SX. Some things are just flipped around....but if you know know one program, its pretty easy to learn the other. Id also suggest downloading the video tutorials for SX. It will help you really understand the program. Are you getting SX 2?

I dunno yet, 600 bucks seems like a lot, i dunno what i want my setup to be like as well, my budget is $1000, everything brand new, controller, etc. found a demo for it on Winmx but it aint downloading, but thanks for all the help

Oh yea, im gonna check out Sonar too, heard good things about it as well