Author Topic: "Los Angeles is definitely a Lakers town" - Elton Brand  (Read 379 times)

GangstaBoogy

"Los Angeles is definitely a Lakers town" - Elton Brand
« on: July 28, 2008, 11:02:50 AM »
Elton Brand listed out some of the reasons why he decided to choose Philadelphia over remaining with the Los Angeles Clippers this summer.

"Being closer to family," said Brand. "My wife (Shahara) is from Newark, N.J. and I'm from Peekskill, N.Y. We're expecting our first child soon so it's good to have a family support group reasonably close by.

"The passion of the Philadelphia fans. That can propel you to winning. We have our own city; we're not sharing it with the Lakers. Los Angeles is definitely a Lakers town, and with all their success they deserve it."

Lol remember that debate on here in 06 when the Clippers had that 1 good season and Clipper fans came out of nowhere?
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: "Los Angeles is definitely a Lakers town" - Elton Brand
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 11:26:19 AM »
Thank you Elton, hook it with some Lotto numbers next. 

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 12:38:55 PM »
damn...what a genius!

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
well who woulda figured that out

S P I C E

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • LOOK WHO'S BACK
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 02:34:52 PM »
Brand has been acting like a lil bitch lately, is he trying to stick to to the Clippers? Everyone already  knows LA is a Laker town Elton

DIP DIP SET SET

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 03:41:18 PM »
Brand has been acting like a lil bitch lately, is he trying to stick it to the Clippers? Everyone already  knows LA is a Laker town Elton

Word, that nigga has no class. First he backstabs them, then he talks shit about them.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
All that aside, I would have not been mad if Brand was in purple in gold... lol.

SO PRUP

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 07:46:44 PM »
elton is a ho nigga

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 08:49:28 PM »
Brand has been acting like a lil bitch lately, is he trying to stick it to the Clippers? Everyone already  knows LA is a Laker town Elton

Word, that nigga has no class. First he backstabs them, then he talks shit about them.
Once a Dookie, always a Dookie >:( .  And acts like they're the same Clippers management.  Yes if the Clippers won 4 NBA titles in a row they'd still be the USC hoops & White Sox to the Lakers UCLA hoops & Cubs, but the Clippers aren't even the worst organization in SoCal, or all of california anymore.  Benedict Brand & David Falk were the liars here.

westsiderider323

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 10:22:22 AM »
Lakers r 2 Clippers like USC football iz 2 UCLA football

Tay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Bay Area Representative
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 08:10:12 PM »
It's not even that close though. UCLA football has a damn good history as well, while the Clippers have never done that much. If Brand would have stayed, and they became a consistent powerhouse team, they could have built up some of their reputation. But I don't ever see the Lakers playing second-fiddle to the Clippers here in LA.
I got a bird's eye view

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 08:39:21 PM »

i think this is the first time i have to agree with spice. fuck elton

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 08:43:00 PM »
It's not even that close though. UCLA football has a damn good history as well, while the Clippers have never done that much. If Brand would have stayed, and they became a consistent powerhouse team, they could have built up some of their reputation. But I don't ever see the Lakers playing second-fiddle to the Clippers here in LA.

i agree completely. imagine if they re-signed elton and THEN was able to trade that 2nd round pick for marcus camby? they'd have disgusting depth at the front court.

clippers are clearly trying to make a real effort this time around. elton fucked up a good thing.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 09:22:32 PM »

i agree completely. imagine if they re-signed elton and THEN was able to trade that 2nd round pick for marcus camby? they'd have disgusting depth at the front court.

clippers are clearly trying to make a real effort this time around. elton fucked up a good thing.
I also 4got 2 mention a few years back they even tried getting Kobe on the Clippers.  Don't sound like the same old Clippers.  But no, he had 2 take the more money.  And not only would the Clippers be better than the Lakers, they woulda won a championship already.  Kobe even said so.  I never liked USC but they have a much better football history.  They're into competing for National Championships, UCLA mostly cares about competing for miniscule bowl games. 

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 09:53:55 PM »

I also 4got 2 mention a few years back they even tried getting Kobe on the Clippers.  Don't sound like the same old Clippers.  But no, he had 2 take the more money.  And not only would the Clippers be better than the Lakers, they woulda won a championship already.  Kobe even said so.  I never liked USC but they have a much better football history.  They're into competing for National Championships, UCLA mostly cares about competing for miniscule bowl games. 

i dont think money was the motivation in the move, cuz the warriors offered him significantly more than any other team. its the fact that he wants to play on the east. he knows the east is a weak conference that is short on big men, and he saw what happened with kg when kg moved there. i still like philly's youong team, but elton brand is basically taking the coward's way out.