Author Topic: Lol damn this Rick Ross shit is getting deep  (Read 850 times)

GangstaBoogy

Re: Lol damn this Rick Ross shit is getting deep
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2008, 09:48:21 PM »
Black people in America are so fucked if it's "un-cool" that you had a real job, went to college or otherwise contributed to society in some positive way. Don't get me wrong Rick Ross lied about his past and he's a LIER for it, but let's look at the big picture here.

People should be more outraged that in order to be popular in hip-hop people like Rick Ross need to fabricate these elaborate back-stories in the first place. If you value an artist's street credibility over their artistic ability then you can't be mad at Rick Ross; you're the reason he lied.
Realest shit int his thread thus far.

No its not. I agree at the end of the day quality music > street cred any day but c'mon on. Rick Ross goes off the deep end with his shit, dude raps about selling drugs on every fuckin song like he's the real Freeway Rick. Rappin about being a drug kingpin on every song when you used to be a CO is just not cool.

But to be real, Weezy and Baby's man love for each other is much worse and they got a pass so Rick Ross will be fine.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2008, 10:52:03 PM »
Black people in America are so fucked if it's "un-cool" that you had a real job, went to college or otherwise contributed to society in some positive way. Don't get me wrong Rick Ross lied about his past and he's a LIER for it, but let's look at the big picture here.

People should be more outraged that in order to be popular in hip-hop people like Rick Ross need to fabricate these elaborate back-stories in the first place. If you value an artist's street credibility over their artistic ability then you can't be mad at Rick Ross; you're the reason he lied.
Realest shit int his thread thus far.

No its not. I agree at the end of the day quality music > street cred any day but c'mon on. Rick Ross goes off the deep end with his shit, dude raps about selling drugs on every fuckin song like he's the real Freeway Rick. Rappin about being a drug kingpin on every song when you used to be a CO is just not cool.

But to be real, Weezy and Baby's man love for each other is much worse and they got a pass so Rick Ross will be fine.
No doubt, Ross is a bitch for all his lies. Dude was on point though about how its wack to have a 9 to 5 and lead a regular life in the world of hip hop.......but I guess that isn't nearly as entertaining either.

Go figure.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fuck Your Existence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2008, 10:57:39 PM »
alot of drama over a dude that couldnt rap to save his life....but if he can still stack paper above it all more power to him

J Bananas

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2008, 11:00:48 PM »

COSIGN...
That being said:

I've loved hip hop since i was 8 years old, in 1993, and it sucks to say this but, white owned major record labels won with the hip hop business for the last 20 years or so. it's like throwing multi million dollars at broke professional fighters to go work for WWE.  But what's even more sad about about hip hop (and on a larger level, ART IN GENERAL) is that the pro fighter can now be replaced by any inartistic tool/chump with: looks/top 40 friendly lyrics/promotion money..and they can be a major name is his/her field. Rick Ross's only problem is not covering up his past well enough, I'm sure more than half your favorite top 40 rappers are fake as hell when it comes to their image.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2008, 11:38:22 PM »
who really cares? he's a bum.

mrceo

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • More Greens Than The Jolly Green Giant
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2008, 12:55:32 AM »
Damn, his albums bang too, ESPECIALLY in the trunk, I hope he just comes clean then I can go back to bumpin' his shit, and like the homie said, he's just tryin' to say that shit so fuckin' mainstream will accept him, FUCK ALL YOU MAINSTREAM DICK RIDIN' ASS MOTHER FUCKERS!

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2008, 03:14:21 AM »
July 28, 2008.   Just when you thought the whole Rick Ross sagawas over, MediaTakeOut.com's pals over at TheSmokingGun.com came up wth more dirt. Here's what they found out:

The documents include Ross's employment application (below), which notes that he was a 1994 graduate of Miami's Carol City Senior High School and spent a year at Georgia's Albany State College, where he studied Criminal Justice.

On a personal history form, he identifies Tommie Ann Roberts as his mother and Tawanda Roberts as his sister. Both women are prominently thanked in the liner notes to Ross's 2008 album "Trilla." Additionally, according to Florida Secretary of State records, Tommie and Tawanda serve as officers of Rick Ross Charities, a not-for-profit whose current address is identical to the one Ross himself provided on his DoC employment records.

Other personnel records include a fingerprint card that was used during a criminal background check, and the resulting report showing that Ross was clean. In a supplemental application, Ross agreed to perform a wide ranger of correctional officer duties, including "shoot an inmate attempting to escape."

http://www.mediatakeout.com/25436/update_the_smoking_gun_gets_ahold_of_rapper_rick_ross_personnel_file.html
All he had to say was yeah I (USE)to be a CO back in the dazes...yet i hurd he use to help alot of inmates with shit...drugs,pussy ya know shit like that....so being unnest was his best outlet....now its a pill hard to swallo.

hellrazor86

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • There Can Only Be One Don
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2008, 06:28:33 AM »

amen

D-Stress

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2008, 02:36:21 PM »
people in America are so fucked if it's "un-cool" that you had a real job
a real job and a CO/PO are two deferent things homie!

MontrealCity's Most

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2008, 05:51:49 PM »
^^ thats not a real job??  Making sure dangerous motherfuckas stay behind bars... i swear this hip hop shit has seriously influenced people in are sociaty.
Also what i find funny he pictures would of came up he was a fireman people woulnt be pissed but they would probably clown him.

With that said i would like to see wha kind of jobs some of these others guy had. I guess being a prison guard is not some cool in the world of hip hop were police, snitching and law in general is the enemie.

G. Sean Peters

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2008, 06:28:19 PM »
whats the big fucking deal? one of my good friends is a CO and its way different than being an actual cop. You just keep your eye on a bunch of inmates and get paid for it. I swear people love to hate.

CAN OF RAID

• 'G'
  • I squeeze triggers
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 08:56:31 AM »
whats the big fucking deal? one of my good friends is a CO and its way different than being an actual cop. You just keep your eye on a bunch of inmates and get paid for it. I swear people love to hate.

Ok, then why'd he lie about it? Thats what makes him look like a bitch. I respect anyone who has or had a job, then began rapping (except for stripping) But he went and lied about it. People can say, it's our fault cause the hiphop world doesn't like law enforcement, but if you can't keep it 100 about previous employment.....what else you lying about?? Cause you not being honest with yourself or your fans.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 09:47:20 AM »

Ok, then why'd he lie about it? Thats what makes him look like a bitch. I respect anyone who has or had a job, then began rapping (except for stripping) But he went and lied about it. People can say, it's our fault cause the hiphop world doesn't like law enforcement, but if you can't keep it 100 about previous employment.....what else you lying about?? Cause you not being honest with yourself or your fans.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 10:17:08 AM »

Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Gloves

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 03:49:13 PM »

lol @ u takin a shot at game thinkin he stripped..lmao ooh soo gullible...shouldnt u be in bed by now?

gullible kids aint supposed to listen to hiphop lil nigga.