Author Topic: P. Diddy: The Next Don King?  (Read 147 times)

Alwaysontime

P. Diddy: The Next Don King?
« on: March 22, 2002, 11:46:47 PM »
Sources close to Sean "P. Diddy" Combs deny that the hip-hop mogul was ever approached about financial participation in the proposed championship fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson. Reports surfaced last week that Combs might venture into the world of boxing by investing $13 million in the high-profile heavyweight bout, which is tentatively scheduled for June 8 in Washington, D.C.
Sources close to Sean "P. Diddy" Combs deny that the hip-hop mogul was ever approached about financial participation in the proposed championship fight between Lennox Lewis and Mike Tyson. Reports surfaced last week that Combs might venture into the world of boxing by investing $13 million in the high-profile heavyweight bout, which is tentatively scheduled for June 8 in Washington, D.C.

"Mr. Combs is a friend and a fan of Mike Tyson. However, he will not have a financial interest or any involvement in the Tyson vs. Lewis fight. Contrary to reports, Mr. Combs was not approached by Tyson management to finance the fight."

Mike Tyson's manager Shelly Finkel was also skeptical when asked if Combs had been presented with a possible investment opportunity, telling the New York Post, "I personally don't know anything about it, but there could be other people (representing Tyson) who approached him."

Combs alleged investment would have covered the $13 million site fee, which typically covers planning expenses and guarantees some money to the fighters. Investors would then presumably make a profit on their initial investment from the revenues generated by pay-per-view sales of the bout.

While it is unlikely that Combs will compete with boxing promoter Don King anytime soon, the rapper is presently gearing up for the release of his new set, P. Diddy And The Family Present: This Is The Remix. Combs recently released "I Need A Girl Pt.1" featuring Usher and Loon as the lead single from his forthcoming set, and the song is presently Number 49 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart. "I Need A Girl Pt. 2" featuring Ginuwine will be released to radio and video outlets in the coming weeks.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

doggmastah

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • All hoez n ya kneez:make way fo tha masta of geez!
Re: P. Diddy: The Next Don King?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2002, 11:17:29 AM »
P.diddy is a wack ass mf!
PEACE1!

AMC- Spittin' from Portugal da French emcee!

Affiliated to the WSFC-West Side French Connection-

KVB

Re: P. Diddy: The Next Don King?
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2002, 08:15:36 PM »
Dude... this is tedious to me... I don't know how other people feel about this story, but well... that's just my two cents...  :-/