Author Topic: Jay-Z, Glastonbury UK 2008  (Read 207 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Jay-Z, Glastonbury UK 2008
« on: July 29, 2008, 05:09:57 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mrDIOVXx-y8

Jay-Z answered his critics, notably Oasis's Noel Gallagher at Glastonbury. Striding on stage with a guitar slung over his shoulder, he led the crowd in a rendition of Oasis's "Wonderwall", smiling throughout, and with wife Beyonce Knowles in attendance, his set included songs such as "99 Problems".

In a radical departure from the indie rock and guitar bands commonly associated with Glastonbury, the festival recruited the New Yorker in a bid to reach out to a younger audience.

Michael Eavis, who runs the festival on his dairy farm, admitted they had "stuck their necks out on this one."

Organisers staunchly defended the choice of Jay-Z, despite the slow ticket sales and sniping from Glastonbury veterans like Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher.

In April, Gallagher slammed the booking of Jay-Z to headline to festival as "wrong", declaring: "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

what a douche, not only did he just sport the guitar for style, he hardly sang along in a terrible voice, and i agrea with noel

Get It Off Ya Chest

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z, Glastonbury UK 2008
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 06:38:52 PM »
tbh i ain't really a fan of jay-z

HipHopISalive

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 06:47:29 PM »

Jay-Z answered his critics, notably Oasis's Noel Gallagher at Glastonbury. Striding on stage with a guitar slung over his shoulder, he led the crowd in a rendition of Oasis's "Wonderwall", smiling throughout, and with wife Beyonce Knowles in attendance, his set included songs such as "99 Problems".

In a radical departure from the indie rock and guitar bands commonly associated with Glastonbury, the festival recruited the New Yorker in a bid to reach out to a younger audience.

Michael Eavis, who runs the festival on his dairy farm, admitted they had "stuck their necks out on this one."

Organisers staunchly defended the choice of Jay-Z, despite the slow ticket sales and sniping from Glastonbury veterans like Oasis guitarist Noel Gallagher.

In April, Gallagher slammed the booking of Jay-Z to headline to festival as "wrong", declaring: "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."

what a douche, not only did he just sport the guitar for style, he hardly sang along in a terrible voice, and i agrea with noel

i have heard nothing but good reviews about jay-z's performance... btw noel gallagher is a prick and a attention whore
CHARGERS, BLAZERS, CANUCKS, UCLA

es-jay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 03:44:15 AM »
welcome to last month...

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2008, 03:50:51 AM »
welcome to last month...

Yeah, I think this was posted.

Btw, what is Gallagher talking about, "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong." Lol, start your own festival.

kemizt

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »
welcome to last month...

Yeah, I think this was posted.

Btw, what is Gallagher talking about, "I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong." Lol, start your own festival.

gallagher is a fool there has been various generes of music there for years. He was just mad a guitar based group wasnt headlining, especially as it was an american artist, if it had been dizzee rascal i dount he wouldnt have said anything.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008, 12:20:43 PM »

where the fuck have you been? there's been hiphop at that concert for years. and Jay z pretty much shut everyone up.
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 02:45:15 PM »
i dont give a fuck about about noel saying that, even though i kinda agree, i was against kanye at bonaroo as well, but jay is still a douche trying to be facetious and cool with the guitar and the "singing" of wonderwall

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008, 11:47:22 AM »
i dont give a fuck about about noel saying that, even though i kinda agree, i was against kanye at bonaroo as well, but jay is still a douche trying to be facetious and cool with the guitar and the "singing" of wonderwall

get over it

kemizt