Author Topic: DUBCNN PREMIERE: Ice Cube "Raw Footage" Album Sampler Download  (Read 1942 times)

MIC44

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: DUBCNN PREMIERE: Ice Cube "Raw Footage" Album Sampler Download
« Reply #90 on: July 31, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
haha yeah Cube is a lil' hypocrite ;D But the sampler tells me that Cube still want some $, and not making music he and his fans like. Of course, this is a cheap try, he could also make some more movies.
I wonder how many people on here appreciate this sort of "music"
In Cube's words, "Get used to it" ;)
Beacause you think know what music CUBE and his fan like maybe? ICE CUBE is my favorite rapper, so I'm a Cube fan and I love songs of Laugh Now, Cry Later and I like many songs of this sampler. So many fans love what you call "this sort of music".

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2008, 05:19:48 PM »
i don't need to sample it, im going to buy it no matter what.  8)

sav-man

« Reply #92 on: July 31, 2008, 09:14:10 PM »

so basically, what all of yall are sayin is that youre very disappointed in the beats?
Question: So who still planning on buyin the album?

Actually if you read the whole thread its way more positive feedback than negative, dont let the few negative comments fool you! Only on dubcc are people still this stuck on South/West/East shit.

yeah right. I can't stand all that childish "south" hatin. I don't even hear that much south influences, those are hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping. but many people on this board go nuts when you don't have typical ABC westcoast funk battlecat beats on your album. I know what the 2 C's in dubCC stand for: cry cry  ::)

You need to quit getting offended with people saying those south tracks suck.. Nobody is saying your wack.. Or Si-Chiggedy beats are gay.. Don't take it personal.. This is a west coast forum where most people aren't gonna be going crazy over that typical down south formula.. And if you think those are "hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping" then you should go pick up a few early Cube albums.. You'd love em..

I got those early albums, but I hope you know we're in 2008 and not in 1991 or something. YOU need to quit labeling all beats south, that don't sound typically west coast. Ice Cube is from the west coast, he made that funky stuff back in the day and now he raps that hard shit over gangsta beats, which is just westcoast gangsta rap and has nothing to do with south. I don't tell you that you have to like it, but that south-crying is just stupid. Nowadays Cube needs those type of beats, to spit something hard. That's just my honest opinion. I will buy this record for sure, if you don't like the music, then let it be.
It's pointless anyway, because you won't get that old sound back.

This is in response to Si-Chiggedy's post: I agree. Besides, this is just a sampler. I personally would have to hear the whole album to judge. I remember back in '06, I wasn't thrilled w/ the sound of some of the beats on the sampler that Dubcnn posted for LAUGH NOW, CRY LATER (The three Lil Jon tracks in particular, and I thought the beats for "Steal The Show" and "Stop Snitchin'" were clunky-sounding, but once I heard the album itself and let it grow on me, I was like "OK, I get it now." The key w/ Cube is that you have to judge his newer stuff w/out any preconceived notions of what he's allegedly supposed to sound like based on previous records. And that's a hard thing for folks to do--the first time that you hear an artist tends to leave the strongest impression in your mind. I remember that a lot of folks back in 1998 had that problem w/ WAR, because it was more gothic/mafioso-ish in its' tracks, and also because there wasn't as much politcal/issues type stuff as there had been on his 1990-1993 solos. But I'll buy RAW FOOTAGE when it comes out, play it a few times, and then I'll be able to better judge it. Everyone's entitled to their opinions on it, though.

PEACE!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 09:16:13 PM by sav-man »

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #93 on: July 31, 2008, 11:40:07 PM »

so basically, what all of yall are sayin is that youre very disappointed in the beats?

Actually if you read the whole thread its way more positive feedback than negative, dont let the few negative comments fool you! Only on dubcc are people still this stuck on South/West/East shit.

yeah right. I can't stand all that childish "south" hatin. I don't even hear that much south influences, those are hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping. but many people on this board go nuts when you don't have typical ABC westcoast funk battlecat beats on your album. I know what the 2 C's in dubCC stand for: cry cry  ::)

You need to quit getting offended with people saying those south tracks suck.. Nobody is saying your wack.. Or Si-Chiggedy beats are gay.. Don't take it personal.. This is a west coast forum where most people aren't gonna be going crazy over that typical down south formula.. And if you think those are "hard ass rap beats, fittin to cubes style of rapping" then you should go pick up a few early Cube albums.. You'd love em..

I got those early albums, but I hope you know we're in 2008 and not in 1991 or something. YOU need to quit labeling all beats south, that don't sound typically west coast. Ice Cube is from the west coast, he made that funky stuff back in the day and now he raps that hard shit over gangsta beats, which is just westcoast gangsta rap and has nothing to do with south. I don't tell you that you have to like it, but that south-crying is just stupid. Nowadays Cube needs those type of beats, to spit something hard. That's just my honest opinion. I will buy this record for sure, if you don't like the music, then let it be.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrlBAu__ZhM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ZrlBAu__ZhM</a>

Lunatic

« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2008, 12:13:31 AM »
1. It Takes A Nation
2. I Got My Locs On [feat. Young Jeezy]
3. Do Ya Thang
4. Hood Mentality
5. Here He Come
6. Why Me? [feat. Music Soulchild]
7. Get Use To It [feat. The Game & WC]
8. Jack N the Box
9. Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It
10. Thank God
11. Tomorrow
1. It Takes a Nation - been out for a while, feelin it - bout a 3.5 or 4/5
2. I Got my locs on ft. jeezy - thought this didnt make the cut? sounds like a hit, he should release this as the next single. its hot fa sho.
3. do ya thang - 1st single, been out for a while ofcourse..HOT record.. bout a 4.25/5 imo.
4. hood mentality - sounds alright, weakest track so far on the sampler.
5. here he come - kind of sounds like a single out right now a lot (or another song), its slippin my mind though lol..sounds cool, nothin special again.
6. why me - sounds pretty good
7. get used to it - been out fo a minute..generic beat, but it's straight overall.
8. jack n da box - didnt see this comin - sounds cool, possible single material
9. g-rap made me do it - classic, hands down
10. thank god - sounds good agian
11. tomorrow - sounds good again

cant wait to hear the whole thing!
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dammaged7

• 'G'
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2008, 03:32:39 AM »
ice cube said it staright, this is music for the brain not for the booty.
Hell, if u want an album to dance to go and buy some dance shit.

His albums, Death Certificate and THE PREDATOR had crap beats in terms of dancing and shaking ur stuff, but lyrically nothing can touch tehm....pure classics

Man, FUCK THE BEATS.
Ice cube is al about saying things that other rappers are scared ot say cos of the Record labels and the white Record lebel owners.
Alot of rappers write stuff just to please the Chief executive etc, cos they not gonna let them say stuff like fuck the goverment etc and political shit. Thats y cube went independant, so he can say what he wanna on the album, and not haing people tell hom what to say....
Cant wait for August 19th!!!!!!!!

U haters go listen to ur new DANCE HIP HOP like kanye west and timblanad!!!!!!

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #96 on: August 01, 2008, 03:40:36 AM »
I'm a big Cube fan but to be honest, this trailer doesn't sound very promising .. the overall production sounds weak ... 

that's exactly how I feel. It doesn't have to do with the West/South thing, I just think modern productions are mostly awful. I was just disappointed Cube jumped on the bandwagon and also used those crappy productions, although he stated that he gave a fuck about modern rap industry. There are also beats who are not considered "South" but who still suck, "Get Used to It "comes to my mind. ... I won't buy it the first day it comes out, maybe after I downloaded it, but I  doubt that.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2008, 03:41:29 AM »
I'm a big Cube fan but to be honest, this trailer doesn't sound very promising .. the overall production sounds weak ... 

that's exactly how I feel. It doesn't have to do with the West/South thing, I just think modern productions are mostly awful. I was just disappointed Cube jumped on the bandwagon and also used those crappy productions, although he stated that he gave a fuck about modern rap industry. There are also beats who are not considered "South" but who still suck, "Get Used to It "comes to my mind. ... I won't buy it the first day it comes out, maybe after I downloaded it, but I  doubt that.

yh i have to agree wit that

Lucifuge

« Reply #98 on: August 01, 2008, 04:14:03 AM »
ice cube said it staright, this is music for the brain not for the booty.
Hell, if u want an album to dance to go and buy some dance shit.

His albums, Death Certificate and THE PREDATOR had crap beats in terms of dancing and shaking ur stuff, but lyrically nothing can touch tehm....pure classics

Man, FUCK THE BEATS.
Ice cube is al about saying things that other rappers are scared ot say cos of the Record labels and the white Record lebel owners.
Alot of rappers write stuff just to please the Chief executive etc, cos they not gonna let them say stuff like fuck the goverment etc and political shit. Thats y cube went independant, so he can say what he wanna on the album, and not haing people tell hom what to say....
Cant wait for August 19th!!!!!!!!

U haters go listen to ur new DANCE HIP HOP like kanye west and timblanad!!!!!!

agre but they got some dope ass good beats.
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

PLANT

« Reply #99 on: August 01, 2008, 08:58:00 AM »
Im feeling the same way....."Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It" and "Do Ya Thang" are the best tracks I've heard so far now.  And the track with Game sounded good.  Wasnt too impressed so far tho, prolly still get the album tho.

Amplified

• 'G'
« Reply #100 on: August 01, 2008, 11:33:46 AM »

We're in 2008??? dang.. my bad.. "Cube needs those type of beats to spit something hard"? hahaa.. are you serious? It has nothing to do with that "old sound" or "funky stuff" your referring to.. it has to do with good music.. i already said i was gonna pick this up when it dropped.. i'm a cube fan.. dont get confused with my views on the production..