Author Topic: Bishop Lamont freestyles for 10 mins and talks Detox subject matter  (Read 1822 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Bishop Lamont freestyles for 10 mins and talks Detox subject matter
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 02:42:55 AM »
propz on dis. gotta respect dude though. very few ppl really "freestyle" anymore...mostly they just write a hot 32 bars and memorize it nowadays

Bishop's freestyles are always good shit. 

Detox should be a double album.

damn bishop got rhymes for dayz! real freestylin

yeah, i think his delivery was better in compared to the last one  :)

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 02:59:50 AM »
Personally I Can Wait For This Album To Drop. I Want Quality And Perfection, Not A Half-Ass Production Album.
I Don't See What All The Complaining Is About......? It Just Shows Me How Much U Don't Appreciate Music.

quality and perfection doesnt take ten years, i like to listen to my music whilst im still alive, dres an old as man he could be hit with prostate cancer tommorow, then what?> he dies. .
theres no such thing as quality and perfection with music, as its only quality and perfection to each and others tastes, if it takes 10 years for dre to make an album then that realy doesnt say much about him as a producer because if he was that good it shouldnt take his brain 10 years to co-produce and spit on 16 tracks..

yeah cosign. I think he's in a trapp right now because he raised expectations to the sky, but obiously he don't get shit together. Dre has like 10 co-producers and 10 ghostwriters, and is not able to release an album within 10 years. Dre doesn't want to show that he fell off if you ask me (which is normal with 43)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 04:59:28 AM »
Don't tell me that you people actually think that he's been working on Detox since 99 ? It's been known that he was working on it from 03-05 but scrapped it and gave all the beats to his Aftermath artists and then he started again in the beginning of 06.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 05:06:09 AM »
i'd say the ball really started rolling when bishop got involved  ;)

smegma

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 05:10:49 AM »

What's the wink for?

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 05:21:38 AM »

What's the wink for?

why do people say hello?

smegma

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 05:25:09 AM »

What's the wink for?

why do people say hello?

To say hi.

Did you give that wink because you look up to Bishop Lamont? Is it because you think Bishop Lamont is more alive than 2Pac? Did you give that wink because you think Bishop Lamont is the best rapper alive?

Why did you give that wink? It's a simple question.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 05:29:16 AM »

What's the wink for?

why do people say hello?

To say hi.

Did you give that wink because you look up to Bishop Lamont? Is it because you think Bishop Lamont is more alive than 2Pac? Did you give that wink because you think Bishop Lamont is the best rapper alive?

Why did you give that wink? It's a simple question.

ok, it's just that i thought it was obvious.

well it basically meant to say, "just to add my 2 cents"

my post was a response to what Meho brought to the table.

Chad

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 06:46:12 AM »
I feel what Bishop i s saying about Dre...we (or at least I) do want to know what transpired with the Death Row situation, Eazy-E, 2Pac and all that...cuz we've never heard Dre speak on those situations...we've heard Suge's side, we heard what Pac was callin' Dre before his death, and we know Dre was there with Eazy at the hospital...but aside from "The Watcher", we haven't heard Dre's thoughts & feelings about everything becuz he holds that personal to him...

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip, I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit, but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken ffrom these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...
Resume: BBC / HipHopDX / TMZ / Billboard / XXL / LA Weekly / AFH // Ice Cube. MC Ren . Sir Jinx . DOC . Too Short . Fredwreck . DJ Jazzy Jeff

www.chadkiser.com
Twitter:  @chadmkiser
IG:  chadmkiser

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 06:50:40 AM »
I feel what Bishop i s saying about Dre...we (or at least I) do want to know what transpired with the Death Row situation, Eazy-E, 2Pac and all that...cuz we've never heard Dre speak on those situations...we've heard Suge's side, we heard what Pac was callin' Dre before his death, and we know Dre was there with Eazy at the hospital...but aside from "The Watcher", we haven't heard Dre's thoughts & feelings about everything becuz he holds that personal to him...

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip, I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit, but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken ffrom these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

well Bruce revealed a couple of things in the rollin wit' dre book, but yeah Dre didn't speak on those issues by himself so i see your point  ;)

Chad Vader

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 07:06:01 AM »

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip,
I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit,
but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...
cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken from these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

I feel Chronic 2001 sort of covered most of that.
The Watcher spoke on the Suge/Death Row thing,Still DRE and Forgot About Dre spoke on his rise,fall and redemption.
He touched on Eazy (barely) on What's the Difference and his brothers death on the message.

Not sure if I want to hear this again,he should write a book or do a movie about his life instead.

Lindon

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 11:46:03 AM »

Going along the lines of "Grow Up", "Imagine" and other songs on that reflective tip,
I think Detox would be a good airing-out session for Dre, where he can still do his gangsta shit,
but be more reflective and grown up about the shit....that would change the game IMHO...
cuz rap music needs to grow up and be taken from these kiddie-boppers like Souljah Boy...

The Watcher spoke on the Suge/Death Row thing,Still DRE and Forgot About Dre spoke on his rise,fall and redemption.
He touched on Eazy (barely) on What's the Difference and his brothers death on the message.

Not sure if I want to hear this again,he should write a book or do a movie about his life instead.

nice idea noncentz but i agree with chad on this man. 2001 got the balance right. a few hints here and there about the industry stuff and a genuinely personal track about dude's bro (even though royce wrote it...). i think if dre gets too autobiographical insofar as his industry history goes there will be a big danger in him portraying a fake a**ed character that he actually believes in as opposed to one invented to fit the atmosphere of the sound he is creating. I can't help thinking if he went all autobiographocal he would be on some real bullsh*t as opposed to bullsh*t for a purpose  - entertainment and music!

I think bishop is caught up in some real bullsh*t superhero saviour of hip hop sh*t and growing the music up but somewhere along the line the music got lost with him. i would much rather hear a studio gangsta who can rap the m*thaf*ck out of anything than someone who is "real" in whatever sense and is just a bit boring or pompous. i really hope bishop's album if it comes proves me wrong...

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 11:49:51 AM »
it's boring ass niggas like him that will ruin detox
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 12:23:40 PM »

nice idea noncentz but i agree with chad on this man. 2001 got the balance right. a few hints here and there about the industry stuff and a genuinely personal track about dude's bro (even though royce wrote it...). i think if dre gets too autobiographical insofar as his industry history goes there will be a big danger in him portraying a fake a**ed character that he actually believes in as opposed to one invented to fit the atmosphere of the sound he is creating. I can't help thinking if he went all autobiographocal he would be on some real bullsh*t as opposed to bullsh*t for a purpose  - entertainment and music!

I think bishop is caught up in some real bullsh*t superhero saviour of hip hop sh*t and growing the music up but somewhere along the line the music got lost with him. i would much rather hear a studio gangsta who can rap the m*thaf*ck out of anything than someone who is "real" in whatever sense and is just a bit boring or pompous. i really hope bishop's album if it comes proves me wrong...

:eh: bishop lamont ain't really like 50 cent at all
perhaps you have a misconception of his music?

Chad Vader

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 01:48:46 PM »

nice idea noncentz but i agree with chad on this man. 2001 got the balance right.
a few hints here and there about the industry stuff and a genuinely personal track about dude's bro (even though royce wrote it...).
I think if Dre gets too autobiographical insofar as his industry history goes there will be a big danger in
him portraying a fake a**ed character that he actually believes in as opposed to one invented to fit the atmosphere of the sound he is creating.
I can't help thinking if he went all autobiographical he would be on some real bullsh*t as opposed to bullsh*t for a purpose
- entertainment and music!

I think bishop is caught up in some real bullsh*t superhero saviour of hip hop sh*t
and growing the music up but somewhere along the line the music got lost with him.
I would much rather hear a studio gangsta who can rap the m*thaf*ck out of anything
than someone who is "real" in whatever sense and is just a bit boring or pompous.
I really hope bishop's album if it comes proves me wrong...

That's what worries me too. So I see your point  ;)
I mean I was a HUGE BDP/KRS fan,but he kinda lost me around his
Sex and Violence album.  :P

He went on his anti gangster crusade and with all his preaching he lost me,
the music came secondary and the message in focus.
I appreciate Bishop's effort though.
Anyway there's a thread about;
content VS flow here  ;)