Author Topic: *Important Rule Change Regarding Championship Round  (Read 196 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
*Important Rule Change Regarding Championship Round
« on: July 30, 2008, 10:48:31 PM »
We are getting closer to the championship round.  Here is an important rule everyone must know...

*THE CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND WILL BE DECLARED AS SOON AS WE REACH THE FINAL 2 CONTESTANTS*

...and I will advertise it in the other sections of this forum to biuld some hype.

This is a double elimination tournament.  So it is possible that one contestant could enter the championship with 1 loss while the other contestant is undefeated. 
BUT CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND IS WINNER TAKE ALL.

So if a contestant comes in with 1 loss and the other contestant is undefeated, in the championship round he will not have to win twice.  He will only need to win once to be crowned champion, and the one who is undefeated will only need to lose once in the championship round to be eliminated.

I am doing it like this because I want to biuld hype for the championship round... and a WINNER TAKE ALL, superbowl style matchup is much more exciting than a possible 2 out of 3 scenario.

Also, championship round will have extended bars and reply/response verses and 5 votes required to win.

Any questions?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Lunatic

Re: *Important Rule Change Regarding Championship Round
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 10:55:46 PM »
sounds good to me
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 12:25:43 AM »
Another rule I want to add...

IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP BATTLE VOTES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNLESS THEY ARE ACCOMPANIED BY AN EXPLAINATION/REASON FOR WHY YOU VOTED THE WAY YOU DID.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

J Bananas

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 12:31:58 AM »
thanks patna

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 02:20:10 AM »
thanks patna

No problem.  The reason for the rule change is that the championship battle should generate enough interest that getting enough votes won't be a problem.  And it will be the last round so there's no big rush and we can wait as long as we have to to get a total of 5 (up from 3 for championship round) votes with explainations.