Author Topic: Dubb Union Release Date & Tracklist (AllHipHop.com)  (Read 1859 times)

smegma

Re: Dubb Union Release Date & Tracklist (AllHipHop.com)
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2008, 03:18:08 PM »
I don't like the new name. It's gayer (in a non-homosexual way of course) than the name Taje.

WestCoasta

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2008, 03:48:27 PM »
I gotta cop this when it drops! Wack ass name though. Shoula kept it Westurn Union.

The Western Union company most likely would have taken action against the group.

would make sense....

I'll always keep their stuff titled Westurn Union, I love that name

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2008, 03:52:19 PM »
Why didnt "I Dont think so" feat Snoop make the album??? It wasnt on the street album??

Anyone got "I Dont think so" feat snoop????

Banging ass track, if somone could hook that up that be dope! 8)

WestCoasta

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2008, 03:52:56 PM »
Why didnt "I Dont think so" feat Snoop make the album??? It wasnt on the street album??

because it came out in like 2006... why would they put it on the album?

~Lucien~

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2008, 03:55:54 PM »
I don't like the new name. It's gayer (in a non-homosexual way of course) than the name Taje.

:sombrero:

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »
yeah I will keep the name Westurn Union also. Don't know why they should change it. As long as they were named "Westurn" and not "Western" they don't break any law I think. it's not really intelligent to change the name shortly before the drop of your debut album, when u pushed yourself about 2 years wit a different one.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2008, 04:13:02 PM »
damn no dr.dre? that wouldve been gd 2 hear him on it or producing a trak

Come on did you really expect him on the album?

Tracklist looks really dope, could be an amazing album. Nice to see Dion on the feature list. Maybe they got some Hi-Tek beats? But why they change their name?

There is a wiring/telegram company called Western Union (from which the group had taken its name from).

Yeah, I know but wasnīt their name Westurn Union not Western Union before they change it to Dubb Union? However until the album is good I donīt care much about their name ;)

Westurn or Western would have probably resulted in a fight that the label wanted to avoid. It's easier at this point to change the name and avoid all of that non-sense.
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Rickdeeznutz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2008, 04:19:33 PM »
Anyone got "I Dont think so" for download?? i would like to add it to the album when it comes out thnaks

Lazar

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2008, 04:23:48 PM »
damn no dr.dre? that wouldve been gd 2 hear him on it or producing a trak

Come on did you really expect him on the album?

Tracklist looks really dope, could be an amazing album. Nice to see Dion on the feature list. Maybe they got some Hi-Tek beats? But why they change their name?

There is a wiring/telegram company called Western Union (from which the group had taken its name from).

Yeah, I know but wasnīt their name Westurn Union not Western Union before they change it to Dubb Union? However until the album is good I donīt care much about their name ;)

Westurn or Western would have probably resulted in a fight that the label wanted to avoid. It's easier at this point to change the name and avoid all of that non-sense.

Thatīs probalby the reason. The american law system is crazy, remember when the WWE tries to to indict The Game because of his name. But Dubb Union really takes getting used to

stephen619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Pound, We Roll Thick Like One-Time
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2008, 04:24:02 PM »
Can't Wait!!!

D-Stress

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2008, 04:54:56 PM »
I gotta cop this when it drops! Wack ass name though. Shoula kept it Westurn Union.

The Western Union company most likely would have taken action against the group.

why would they?itīs westurn union, not western union  ;)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »

probably too close still.... even the "threat" of action to an indie label is probably enough reason alone. why suck up any profits fighting something they can avoid?
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2008, 06:57:47 PM »
Dre's not on the album because his beat didn't make the final cut.  Soopafly came with straight fire on this one and made at least 20 beats better than Dre's beat...so it got cut from the album.  Can't say i'm surprised at that one.

Johnny B

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2008, 06:58:35 PM »
Dre's not on the album because his beat didn't make the final cut.  Soopafly came with straight fire on this one and made at least 20 beats better than Dre's beat...so it got cut from the album.  Can't say i'm surprised at that one.

I agree. Dre fell off big time and Soopafly is the most overlooked producer in the last 15 years. it's an outrage.

D~Nice

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2008, 08:47:02 PM »

probably too close still.... even the "threat" of action to an indie label is probably enough reason alone. why suck up any profits fighting something they can avoid?

Yeah look at all the heat Snoop got for Doggy's Angels back in the day with the whole Charlie's Angels movie being out. That shit killed alot of the promo he had going for that group.